Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'm constantly reminded of why it will never be a good idea to have computers integrated directly into your brain like Ghost in the Shell. Never mind knives and bullets. One hacker with a laptop across the world could end your life just for shits and giggles.

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
That's why I'm not crazy about the idea of self driving cars and appliances hooked to the internet.

Some things just don't need to be connected.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's how I beat a computer in Chess once. It was prepared for countless possible strategies, but I didn't have one.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I almost died last night and it still wasn't the most dysfunctional family gathering I've seen.

To specify, I was almost run over by a possibly drunk driver going ludicrously fast. Everyone is okay.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
My long nightmare of being stuck using my tablet as my main computing device will be over on Friday, possibly, as I have just spent $800 (including tax) on a new laptop.

I say 'possibly' Friday because I ordered it from Newegg and the free shipping option said 'delivery on December 29th' but obviously this is my first time ordering from them, so you know who knows if it really will arrive on Friday.

Coulda got it tomorrow if I went for the paid shipping option but I passed on that cuz the taxes already added $50 to the $750 price and the shipping to get it tomorrow would've added another $30, so like nah.

Besides that way tomorrow I can hop on over to Best Buy and grab a couple things I'll need to MAXIMIZE MY NEW LAPTOP and by that I mean 'a USB SD card reader, a USB flash drive, and a 2.5 inch SSD'.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The ride still isn't over!!!

OK I mean it is mostly over but tomorrow I'm gonna get a 2.5" SATA SSD because this laptop has TWO M.2 slots and a 2.5 inch drive bay and one of the M.2 slots is already populated by the 512 GB SSD it comes with, I added the 1 TB SSD from my old laptop, and well I might as well give it a third damn drive.

Anyways, the specs of this thing:
- i7-12650H CPU with 10 cores and 16 threads
- 16 GB DDR5 RAM @ 4800 MHz (dual-channel and apparently this thing has FOUR RAM slots? I don't believe it but task manager says 2 of 4 slots used)
- RTX 4050 with 6 GB VRAM
- 1080p 144 Hz display

Also I got a mouse and headset included, which is neat. I mean I don't need a headset but hey cool a pretty cheap gaming mouse.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Randomly read a "Be My Valentine" box to the tune of Alice Cooper's "Feed My Frankenstein" and now I can't unhear it.

Considering what the song's about, it's not even that far of a reach.

Top Bottom