Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You can check https://drhyperion451.github.io/does-uBO-bypass-yt/ to see if UBlock's filters are up to date yet or not. I was about to say you might want to check because it was working fine after my last update(though I had to update the addon too to 1.54), but it looks like Youtube updated their script 4 hours ago as of this post. On the other hand 1.54+ checks every 6 hours automatically for updated filters, so it should keep things better in check on its own.

I have been checking regularly. Still red. I still haven't gotten any ads tonight, so I'm happy.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Alright good news, bad news, and good news.

Good news: I have my laptop again

Bad news: I can't turn it on or do anything with it

Good news: Its not dead

If you're wondering 'But if you can't turn it on or use it, how is it not dead?' It's because the ******* people who my repair guy was getting the DC-in part from kept sending him the wrong part while insisting that it was the right part for my laptop. They figured when they had the OG part connected and plugged in and were wiggling it and the charging light turned on and he hit the power button and it started turning on. And then they were wondering 'OK so why is the OG piece working but these replacements aren't?' and they checked and they saw that the replacement parts they'd been sending him were not identical in terms of their pins to the original part.

So what's gonna happen? He's gonna order that part from HP proper (so that way he'll know 100% it's the right part), he'll call me when it arrives, I'll head on over there and it'll literally be a 5 minute job of just removing the bottom panel of my laptop, unscrewing the hinge, installing the new part, double checking to make sure it works, screwing in the hinge, putting the bottom panel back on, paying, and then I'll be outta there.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
5 minute job like actual 5 minutes, or 5 minute job like the destruction of Namek 5 minutes?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
5 minute job like actual 5 minutes, or 5 minute job like the destruction of Namek 5 minutes?
I mean he literally did it while I was there (well not the actual job job but he removed the DC-in he had connected to show me the difference between the pins and then put the bottom panel back on. And then had to take the bottom panel off again because he was looking at some screws and thinking 'Wait where do these go' before he realized he'd put it back on before putting the screws in the hinge. Kind of important, that).

Also honestly this is something I likely could have done and would have had I also not needed to get my keyboard fixed. I have enough technical knowhow to open up my laptop (because I do that about once a month to make sure the fans are all clean and spray out any dust) and anything that needs to be done without major disassembly, but I wouldn't trust myself enough to remove the keyboard and replace it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dang this is some good rum. I am struggling to type. I am in another dimension. My eyes are vibrating. Some part of me is still able to proofree\ad but Idon't know how.

Someday I'll talk about what I've been through the lastfew mmonths.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
My grandpa got released from the physical therapy place and I really don't think he should have cause like he still has difficulties walking and stuff. (Although tbf he was sat in a chair from 7am until he finally got home at 7pm yesterday, I can totally understand him having difficulty standing at first because like...I mean criminy he was sitting for 12 goddamn hours)

I mean a nurse is supposed to come to our house tomorrow, probably to do more physical therapy for him so he can get used to walking around the house again or something I guess? I dunno lol.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Give the physical therapy a chance. I never got to see it at home, but I saw what they were planning to do with my dad, and it was good stuff. They know what they're doing.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Patients are discharged as soon as possible due to concerns about healthcare-related infections since whatever pathogens are present in healthcare facilities are much more resistant than the usual kinds. Rehab significantly helps in regaining function. I'd suggest putting up with it for a few weeks and eventually, he's probably going to be able to attend them by himself and/or the sessions are going to be less frequent.

I'd imagine a nurse coming over might include additional rehab but I'd expect a fall risk assessment of the patient's home environment would be their primary goal.

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
If my grandpa still has to go somewhere for physical therapy, that's going to be a bit of a ******* problem and more proof, to me, that he should have just stayed at the facility because how the **** is he going to get there if he can't drive in his condition and I can't drive either?

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Being a caregiver is never fun. It’s just one of the things you have to do for family.

7C6A13B3-419A-463D-A457-5602463615DD.jpeg

Top Bottom