Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These things work themselves out. Yesterday's noise could have been a fledgling that... isn't going to make it. It happens sometimes.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's rough out there. But they've had countless kids over the years, and I only know of a couple that didn't make it. They got pretty good at this.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Speaking of blue jays, yesterday while working in my home office, one landed on the side window. I saw him and waved, then he flew off. A few minutes later, he came over to the window that's closer to me and stared again. Waved at him once more. He flew off before I could take a pic. I wonder if he was trying to get me to refill the bird feeder, lol.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Blue jays are fairly intelligent IIRC. Might just be curious unpess they’ve associated bugging people with the feeder getting refilled

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Blue jays are highly intelligent. The information they're able to share with each other is amazing. I have a fake snake decoration in my front yard, that blue jays used to scream at every day. I showed one blue jay that it's harmless and I can pick it up. They all stopped screaming at it. My outdoor faucet broke and I couldn't give them water from it. I showed one blue jay that it was broken and they all stopped asking about it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
oh yeah if blue jays are so smart, how come none of them have invented the computer? or gone to the moon?

huh?

huh?

answer me punks.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sometimes blue jays have a crash landing when trying to be overly fancy with their maneuvers. They visibly freak out until they're convinced no one saw it. It's hilarious.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
A nest of hornets has moved in behind my drivers side mirror. i found this out the hard way when i slammed the door cause my hands were full. haven't run like that since highschool

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Kill them! Kill them with fire! I want to see them burn.

Granted, it's actually wasps that are my childhood enemy, but hornets are very close cousins and they can all burn!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I just finished "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe." Next is "Life, the Universe and Everything." Douglas Adams is freaking genius!

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Looking stuff up, blue jays really are intelligent. And related to crows, which explains a lot.

Haven't studied on bird intelligence since my undergraduate project where we trained pigeons to type words.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Try a small bird bath or a feeder only one bird can use at a time. Blue jays can figure out how to form a queue instead of swarming.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Reminds me of the time when my brother messed with a hornet nest as a kid. He ran inside so fast, and swore that they were still waiting for him later on.

Top Bottom