Mey Hem RPG: Sword & Sorcery After the End of the World!

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
also I thought the weapon was on the same level as what's her name the badguy ... lol I might need you to draw me a picture of the area XD my spacial geography is all messed up... all I know is Patch and Doc's characters are nearby Dee and we're in the dark
Standard map rules: GM is not an artist, map not to scale
Room is huge (but as said, not to scale)
Oval is overhead view while rectangle is side view
1 = Group with Dee, EB, Patch, Sue'zhan, and children
2 = Kage (don't know if he went left or right so I added two dots)
3 = Chemist
4 = Monday March
5 = Ceiling mounted laser
6 = Night Cap
7 = Jezejandra (on detached floating platform)
8 = Various assorted walkways

Attachments

• Lab Map 1.png
    Lab Map 1.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Lab Map 2.png
    Lab Map 2.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 57

Patch

Citizen
Patch's last post had her sending EB the shield she fabricated so maybe if he can run/jump quickly enough, it might help to catch Night Cap? Alas, there was nothing soft enough in the area for her to fabricate a giant pillow or beanbag chair...

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Does the turn order apply when we’re not in battle?

Also, does the DC25 apply to anything specific, or just rolling higher on anything. Maybe we could combine EB jumping with the shield, with Dee maybe giving him a mighty boost throw, with Kage swinging round on the grapnel line again to try and redirect Night Cap onto the impromptu shield? Maybe?

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
at first I went looking for a Batman and wonder woman 'fastball special' picture... because that's the obvious go to... but then I realized this would need a bit more oomph

sadly I think this is the closest I'm gonna get with a quick look at google

tumblr_e1d9445719cdddd2b1b68a9efb629fe4_6a25eff6_540.png

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Does the turn order apply when we’re not in battle?

Also, does the DC25 apply to anything specific, or just rolling higher on anything.

DC 25 is for a singular skill check. While rolls aren't cumulative, assists are available and hero points can be used to help others. Turn order is fluid but it is preferred not to have one person posting multiple times in between GM posts.

Separately, Fnu mentioned the group not having pawny catching duty--I actually had forgotten about the previous falls. I was thinking of everything else. He really is the character who's been in the most mortal danger.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It is a strange and unfortunate constant in Night Caps life. No matter the universe or dimension. :)

So then, a group rescue is possible. All we need to do is figure out who does what and set up some assist rolls.

Also, Cinnuints reappearance feels vaguely sinister, since she wants to make a wager as we’re trying to beat the bad guys. Which is likely not the case. But the goddess of games and Chance is all about bets, wagers etc. Not good or evil, she’s an intriguing character Zam.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's funny because he's in danger so rarely anywhere else, and this is the universe where he does the least to deserve it. His relationship with karma remains baffling.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
It's funny because he's in danger so rarely anywhere else, and this is the universe where he does the least to deserve it. His relationship with karma remains baffling.
I will say there is a shift in GMing style to the campaigns I've GMed. In STOMP, I started with the expectation that Night Cap would be the perfect dream defender. When he joined Mey Hem, I assumed he would be flawed and indulge in his worst impulses. The bigger shift was the nature of enemies, though. In STOMP, most would target what they perceived to be the biggest threat, often because they were thieves trying to run. In Mey Hem, more of the enemies are predators (figuratively or literally) who would attack who they perceive to be the weakest. Plus, he has enemies in Mey Hem that directly want to hurt him even in excess of anyone else.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap was always supposed to be a bit of a goofball, though not as bad as he became in practice. He was supposed to be the guy who comes up with grandiose and unrealistic plans while thinking he's being totally serious. He's a guy who doesn't know what can't be done, because when he's in his element (dreaming) it would actually work. That aspect kinda trailed off. Where his less savory impulses came from, I don't know. I guess he just became bitter that the world never works the way he imagines it should.

Mey Hem's setting is scary and dangerous and weird, which makes Night Cap feel more in touch with his hero mode. But he's small and cute and the furniture is huge and comfy, so I can't resist playing him as the talking animal companion.

Giving him a personal nemesis ("Kitty") has been great. They have so much in common.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And now I just want seargent Wild to be stuck forever I’n small kitty form, just he can eternally be Night Caps nemesis! :)

It is fun to see how the scarier and more alien world we have, has so much of a positive effect on Night Cap. Even Kage is starting to soften to him a bit. But you’ll never hear him say that.

Night Cap might get some fancy coffee when they finish saving the day though. ;)

Top Bottom