Mey Hem RPG: Sword & Sorcery After the End of the World!

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Destron, since Night Cap did succeed at his roll, was there something else you wanted to do since Sunderblade isn't needed?

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Actually...let me stop and open discussion about something now so it doesn't cause an argument later.

To me, it doesn't seem like Kage would hit Jezejandra. First, he went for the 'and' of attacking the Chief Apothecary and saving Night Cap instead of the 'or' of picking one. Trying both makes the roll harder. Conceptually, I thought that was obvious by the way I worded my earlier post but admittedly it was being "clever" instead of blunt. Second, it was described in the very way that would alert Jezejandra by grappling onto her platform and not immediately hitting her. Third (and admittedly the least issue), I'm not sure Might is the right stat since it would be about swinging back around, as opposed to the force need to hit her.

I'm explaining my thoughts but opening the floor to everyone else's thoughts.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ah. The and Vs or thing didn’t occur to me, but I see where you’re coming from. The grappling hook was all I could think of to try and swing Kage up and over. My thinking was this:

The grapnel latches on. Kage jumps, swoops down to catch Night Cap and either hold him, or assist in dropping him on the plant that TDW had the Chemist create. Admittedly, I didn’t even suggest this. Then, the momentum of the swing would basically launch Kage up higher than Jezejandras platform so he could then drop on her. I chose Might because my thought was that strength was needed to incapacitate her, rather than more Dexterity. I never considered aiming at her, though I think that may have more to do with me writing Kage being stylish rather than practical. Though part of it was that I didn’t think there was a way to attack her directly.

I see what you mean that his grapnel would instantly alert her to his presence. I kinda wrote my post as an immediate reaction to TDWs, without considering that Night Cap may have been alright, or others could have helped him. But then I did right Kage as being overly protective.

Trying both actions making the rolls harder is obvious now you say it. It’s not your writing that made it unclear, but more that it just never occurred to me at that time. Which now does beg one question.

Since you haven’t posted IC yet, can I consider altering my post so that Kage is aiming for one or the other?

Whatever happens next, it should be interesting.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Gah. Got caught up yesterday trying to fix something that I thought would be quick and ended up taking most of the day. Also tired/sore today, and gotta work.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hope things ease up for you MED.

Hmm, i think i will slightly edit for ‘or’ instead of ‘and’, though I’m leaning more towards incapacitating Jezejandra now, since whatever you having coming next. I.e. potentially a bigger throw down against Lucidas and whatever he has to throw at us. We don’t really have the time or the health to waste it on the Chief here. :)

So Rocket Pawny does still need saving.

Thanks Zam.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Surely I’m not the only one who is in a position to save Night Cap?
Time is fluid and there will be another full turn before Night Cap hits the ground but since Night Cap was thrown away from most of the group, Kage and Chemist had the lowest DCs for rescuing him. There's various non skill test ways to save him but I'm just intrigued since Night Cap has always been the character in the most mortal danger in this campaign.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
well my post is kinda just hanging out in limbo so maybe the whole walkway isn't even there anymore lol
..?

I thought I responded to this? Unless you were meaning throwing her sword as a platform for Night Cap to land on? If so, using Sunderblade gave me the impression you were using the sword throw to attack the raygun...which is connected to the ceiling. I guess I need to wait to hear the response to this.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
oh indeed, but that was kind of depending on if night cap or Kage got to it first...

also I thought the weapon was on the same level as what's her name the badguy ... lol I might need you to draw me a picture of the area XD my spacial geography is all messed up... all I know is Patch and Doc's characters are nearby Dee and we're in the dark

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Time is fluid and there will be another full turn before Night Cap hits the ground but since Night Cap was thrown away from most of the group, Kage and Chemist had the lowest DCs for rescuing him. There's various non skill test ways to save him but I'm just intrigued since Night Cap has always been the character in the most mortal danger in this campaign.

True, very true. Well now I’m horribly conflicted again. I want to take down Jezejandra, but yeah, Night Cap needs saving. Dangit!
our batman needs to build you a glider backpack with a rocket booster

Ooh, now that’s an idea I can run with! :)

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rocketeer logic. :)

He should have immolated himself, but he’s fine. Either than or cute character plot armour. :)

Top Bottom