Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
on the other hand, not knowing what somebody is in the market for could be the perfect time to drop suggestions based on personal experience. Where it is clearly being offered as a generality with the understanding that any opinion is only given meaningful value by the intended receiver -whether solicited or not.

for my part, i haven't really done a lot of 3ping since maketoys and fansproject vanished lol, what I can say is the two instances of the fans hobby minerva/nightbeat toy i own are really solid and if they aren't total outliers well then that company also gets a pointless namedrop

i got 3 in XD do i win a prize? :ROFLMAO:

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
How do these things keep getting progressively worse?

7DED9132-E62F-4100-903B-025F45A91F6B.jpeg

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's for a better robot mode for a better limb mode for a self contained limb mode I don't know. It's not a compromise if you don't get something in exchange, and I don't see what we get in exchange for the issues these things have.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dinoking should be the superior version just for not being a sea of grey. They still might win me over if they really nail it. I'm just not hopeful.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I really do feel like y'all are being too harsh on the literal $12 toys that are a few inches tall that have to do all of that shit tbh.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
I thought the torso guys were decent. I’m just baffled by the limbs since thearms just need to be robot mode with the head hidden and the legs literal boxes. This one in particular stands out because he doesn't even have a reference that he has to look like. I legitimately expected the torso robots to be the worst and they somehow aren’t.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Grab the nearest bot you can find. Crush it in your hand until it's a crumpled block. That's all leg bots have to do.

Grab the next closest bot you can find. Does it have hips and a waist joint? That's all arm bots have to to.

If combiner components don't have to store the hands or head in them somewhere, there's not much left that they have to design around.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Grab the nearest bot you can find. Crush it in your hand until it's a crumpled block. That's all leg bots have to do.

Grab the next closest bot you can find. Does it have hips and a waist joint? That's all arm bots have to to.

If combiner components don't have to store the hands or head in them somewhere, there's not much left that they have to design around.
Instructions unclear. Transformed Sixshot into jet and submarine modes.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen

As fun as a tiny eye-searing Trypticon is, am I missing the homage? It's not quite Scorponok colors. The "Toxic" label makes me think of Toxitron but it's not quite him either.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
SG Grimlock would just be regular Trypticon. Probably the Toxitron homage since EVA-01 has quite a lot of black and gray and this appears to have none.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
But hey, Hasbro did it, so surely it's a fair target for a 3P, right? Because that idea was so loved and popular?

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
The G1 fire truck at least has a bit of a gut compared to the Legacy thing. It’s not an awful mold choice but this is terrible execution. They couldn’t even be bothered to mood a new mace or wrecking ball despite the mold already having swap-out hands.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd be interested in something that actually looks like what Bulkhead would have looked like in G1. This is just lazy.

Top Bottom