Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I could’ve told them that. Leo only ever got so many toys because of the obsession to complete the leader-types in Japan lines and because lion molds need to be repainted into something. Nobody likes the BW animes.

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The existence of MP Lio Convoy is so funny when you learn he came third from last place in the fuckin Masterpiece poll Takara held that led to them releasing MP Star Saber.

You could have literally done a Masterpiece of any of the guys who had higher results than him but lost the poll to Star Saber (well except for Optimus Primal cause they'd already released him obviously) but no you do the guy who only beat Fort Max and Energon Optimus lmaooooooooo.

unluckiness

Citizen
Imagine only winning over the dude who was leader for about half his series and the representative of the objectively worst TF show ever.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
TBF the existence of the Kingdom BW figures kinda made the rest of them redundant the same way the accuracy of S2 and S3 figs in the original line made those kind of redundant too... though a MP Depth Charge without half of the figure being a giant launcher might have a market.

unluckiness

Citizen
There will always be a market for more accurate high end figures. Problem is that TF as a franchise is next to finished in Japan and Hasbro doesn’t want to shell out for expensive figures Walmart won’t carry.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
There are higher end official figures, like Flame Toys. But they tend to bury them in so much excessive detail and extraneous crap that they look like the Bayverse threw up on them.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Those nearly $200 figures of Optimus and Megatron in the style of the Stege cartoon.

************ the Stege cartoon literally used the CAD models of the toys as the basis for the character models, you don't need to shell out $400 to get show-accurate figures of Prime and Megatron, just get the regular retail toys.

And if you're really desperate for ones that both look and are decoed like in the cartoon, just buy the Premium Finish toys. You get the show-accuracy, it can transform, and it won't cost you like $400 for Prime and Megatron.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Guarantee you that with anything Transformers that the fandom generally dislikes, there's easily tons more casual fans who love it.

unluckiness

Citizen
I guess i should have qualified transforming figures. Either way, I don’t think Hasbro or Takara pays for licensed figures so they’re far more trigger happy on that end.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's always that guy on TFW who thinks it looks great and can't understand why people are complaining.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I had a good conversation on Facebook once.
johnny-dangerously-once.gif

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
So honestly, I don't really get any knockoffs. When I was a kid, knockoffs were synonymous with terrible quality.

But lately I've been thinking that the quality of what Hasbro has been offering hasn't been all that great either. I mean, just look at that Rumble a couple pages back.

So for those who know, have knockoffs actually gotten to the point of being better than the official stuff? Honest question.
What I've gotten of APC's upsized/retooled Prime stuff (Airachnid, Arcee, Rampage) has been impressive so far, though the plastic quality does still have a slight KO feel to it. I unfortunately never had any iteration of the molds they're based on for a thorough comparison, but I'm pretty pleased with what I got all around.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
For third party quality, the best I've handled by far is Eris: Kultur. It feels amazing, the plastic is sturdy, there are strategic die-cast bits all over for that metallic feel, the joints are tight but smooth, it's superb.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Newage plastic feels very nice. I would recommend them if you want something you intend to play with.

Top Bottom