Mass Effect

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I was going to wait until after the new year to do my Sentinel play through. But somehow I've already finished Baldur's Gate 3, Phantom Liberty and Mario Wonder.

Not saying I'll definitely be starting any time soon, but I'm considering it.

Caldwin

Citizen
You know what? I just had the kind of day where before I even got to work I was like, ****.this.day! I only just realized that this is N7 Day. So you know what? **** it! I'm going to start my Sentinel run. I was going to hold off util the new year...but **** it. I'm getting a beer and I'm ******* gonna do it!

FemShep...name: Cybill

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Released alongside the teaser.

if you look closely in the cloak, you can see an Angoran and a Geth wearing clothes.

F-XQ7n4bQAAA3dp.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
Welp, finished ME1. That was, what, 20 days? I guess I'm kinda taking my time on this playthrough. I do have other games I'm playing alongside. I think I've played this enough times that I don't need to bore y'all with details. So far, Sentinel is playable, but probably rates last as far as all of the classes go. But I guess there's two more games to change my mind. But I think Vanguard is always going to be my favored class.

Caldwin

Citizen
Yeah, I'm kinda taking my time with this playthrough, mainly because I'm also playing several other games alongside it. But I just rewrote the heretics and I'm getting ready for Jokers little mission. So I'll probably be done with ME2 very soon.

I skipped doing Arrival. I absolutely hate that DLC and I want to see if I can still get the Readyness rating Ineed for Synthesis without it on Legendary Edition. Obviously I could on the old PS3 versions. But since they reworked things for Legendary Edition, I've been paranoid about not doing everything. Now seems like the perfect time to experiment.

Caldwin

Citizen
Just started 3. Still don't like Sentinel much, but I gotta admit, that tech armor in 2 really helped me sprint through some corridors I'd have other had to slog through.

Caldwin

Citizen
I have Leviathan and Citadel DLC's to go before attacking TIM's base. If I were playing vanilla, I'd be done by now.

Caldwin

Citizen
Jan 20, 2024...close to midnight but still under the wire... I have finished my 17th play through of the trilogy. Quite opposite to what I expected, but it seems like the bigger that number gets, the less impressive it is.

I have now also done a play through of each of the classes. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. It was nice burning through shields and armor with the same ease as a sentinal. Power Armor also allowed me to just sprint through areas I'd otherwise have to slog through fighting. But regardless, I think Vanguard will always be my go to.

Most importantly, I learned you can skip Arrival in 2 and still have the Synthesis path open to you. So I don't think I'll be doing that particular DLC again...at least not out of compulsion.

Edit:
Sorry, Pale Rider, but I doubt another play through will be coming any time soon. I found myself skipping a lot of interactions and dialogues this time around. I was also playing a lot on auto pilot while paying very little attention to the story. Point blank, I think I need some time away from this, maybe try to get back some of the love for this game thats been worn away some by so many repeated play throughs.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I wonder if it's possible to get the extreme low-readiness Destroy ending anymore. The one where Earth is scorched clean of life, the mass relays explode, and nearly everyone dies. But the requirements to do that just to get such a bleak ending means I'll never try it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
You also have to plan pretty deliberately to get the "Shepard dies" ending in 2, so I guess Bioware really didn't want to make it easy.

Top Bottom