Mass Effect

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I don't know who Carth Onasi isbut yeah, so far I definitely like Ash better.

Caldwin

Citizen

This is my third time playing MaleShep. I don't remember this happening before.

Caldwin

Citizen
Does Kaiden get drunk in the third one like Ash? I mean, I'm on track to finding out for myself anyway. But I kinda doubt it's as...cute...as Ash.

Caldwin

Citizen
This is my third time playing MaleShep. I don't remember this happening before.

Well, just saw an old vid capture of my ladt Maleshep playthrough while sorting out my foldets. Sure enough, it was there. Stupid 45 year old memory. I wonder what else I've forgotten.

Caldwin

Citizen
Sniping gets a lot funnier in 2 and 3 when you get the Widow and Black Widow. Especially in 3 where foot soldiers' heads just explode with a good shot.

Or in 3 when you get the Krysae. They class it as a sniper rifle, but it's more like an armor-piercing rocket launcher with a scope. Chunky salsa everywhere.
I just bypassed my chance at assault rifle training in order to get the Widow. I hope it's as fun as you say.

Meh, only a 12 shot capacity? Not a good start.

Holy shit! I just two-shotted a freaking Scion! I...I think I like this thing.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
On the one hand, the Widow has a low shot capacity. On the other hand, each shot hits like a freight train. If you're a lousy shot, it's not very good, but if you're a decent shot, it pays off and then some.

The Black Widow in 3 trades slightly lower power for a slightly higher shot count, but it can still one-shot most grunts. Maybe not quite as effective against bosses (unless you're really good at pulling headshots, which can be a bit tricky when a Brute is rushing you), so there's a balance tradeoff to consider.

Caldwin

Citizen
It only takes 2-3 shots to drop a scion vs a damage sponge with most other guns. I'll take that trade! 😁

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
It can run into a little trouble in fights where you're facing a ton of mooks and risk running out of ammo. But that's what the rest of the squad is for.

Caldwin

Citizen
It can run into a little trouble in fights where you're facing a ton of mooks and risk running out of ammo. But that's what the rest of the squad is for.
Doesn't quite help me with Arrival. Dang I hate that DLC. I just finished it so I could get it over with. I need a short mission to wash the taste out of my mouth.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
You never liked Arrival before, this wasn't gonna change that. Infiltration Cloak makes the begining sneaking in part easier, but otherwise it's the same thing as always.

On the plus side, it also helps out in Citadel in 3 when you have to slip past all the mercs alone with only a pistol.

Caldwin

Citizen
You never liked Arrival before, this wasn't gonna change that. Infiltration Cloak makes the begining sneaking in part easier, but otherwise it's the same thing as always.

I guess that's true. And I have to admit, sniping is far more fun than I thought it would be. In fact, Vanguard may always be my go to, but none of the other classes have been as bad as I feared, though I still have a Sentinel play through to try at some point.

On the plus side, it also helps out in Citadel in 3 when you have to slip past all the mercs alone with only a pistol.

That sounds like it could be fun.

Shadewing

Citizen
Tuchanga is easily my favorite world in Mass Effect, just for being able to let out my inner renagade around the Krogans.

Caldwin

Citizen
And that's 2 finished. The cloak made the first part of the infiltration a freaking breeze! And that Widow sniper rifle is a beast...even against that human reaper. I can't wait to get my hands on the Krysae in 3 if it's half as fun as TMM says.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
For another fun trick in 3, if you get a Javelin sniper rifle (which comes with good armor penetration and a scope that can see through walls and smokescreens), the Armor Piercing Ammo bonus power, and some Penetration upgrades, you can shoot through basically any physical cover you want, at distances so great that the enemy AI doesn't even always register what's happening and may not react at all. Who needs the mail slot when you can drill straight through the shield?

At level 10 upgrades, it can shoot through thicker cover than actually exists in the game, although that's more funny than useful. Still, sometimes you can line up a one-hit polykill, which is always fun.

Caldwin

Citizen
So Kaiden is now in the hospital. I'm seeing some differences between an Ashley play through and a Kaiden play through. But so far it's been rather superficial.

One thing I found odd...Ashley became a Lt. Commander while Kaiden became a Major (pain in the ass). I'm not military or anything. I don't know what outranks what. Still, the disparity is jarring.

Top Bottom