Mass Effect

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
After his promotions across the trilogy, Kaiden technically outranks Shepard in 3. But it's Shepard's ship, and you're on a mission appointed directly from Admiral Anderson, and becoming a Specter first, so Shep's in command.

Alliance ranks don't quite match up to actual military ranks anyway. It's probably best not to think about it too hard.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
So Kaiden is now in the hospital. I'm seeing some differences between an Ashley play through and a Kaiden play through. But so far it's been rather superficial.

One thing I found odd...Ashley became a Lt. Commander while Kaiden became a Major (pain in the ass). I'm not military or anything. I don't know what outranks what. Still, the disparity is jarring.
They are the same rank, one is a Marine rank (Major) and one is Navy. And no Major doesn't outrank Commander. A marine Lt Colonel is the same Rank has Navy Commander.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Sniping gets a lot funnier in 2 and 3 when you get the Widow and Black Widow. Especially in 3 where foot soldiers' heads just explode with a good shot.

Or in 3 when you get the Krysae. They class it as a sniper rifle, but it's more like an armor-piercing rocket launcher with a scope. Chunky salsa everywhere.

Wow! You weren't kidding about chunky salsa! Nice!

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, I have an idea for a quality of life improvement they can make for the next game. Give me some sort of indicator of whether or not a character has anything new to tell me or if they need to do some calibrations. Maybe just a small icon or a different colored reticle for talking to someone?

Caldwin

Citizen
I started doing Omega, but then I learned about a Final Fantasy XIV event going on right now. So ME3 is on hold for now...hopefully only briefly.

Caldwin

Citizen
Blue rose of Illium...😥

Would it be too soon to mention that in the last game she was worried about be with a Krogan because they weren't like humans where she could just "wait it out" until they die?

Yikes!

Caldwin

Citizen
You know what I love?

"We need a diversion. Summon Kalros to distract the reaper long enough to let us slip into the tower."

*Kalros totally annihilates reaper and eats it*

Though Mordan still stings.

Shadewing

Citizen
You know what I love?

"We need a diversion. Summon Kalros to distract the reaper long enough to let us slip into the tower."

*Kalros totally annihilates reaper and eats it*

Though Mordan still stings.

I mean you COULD save him, if you wanna be a complete asshole...

Caldwin

Citizen
I mean, yeah I COULD. But committing genocide in order to save a single geriatric friend seems somewhat morally dubious.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, unlike ME2, I'm seeing a lot more differences between Kaiden and Ashley. Honestly, I'm preferring Ashley more and more. I don't think I'll be doing a Kaiden play through again. But it was nice to do it this once.

I finally went to the Far Rim and found best girl. Haven't tackled the dreadnaut yet. Good place to c it a night.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2677.jpeg

Wow! Take a screenshot at just the right time during a cinematic and you can get a pretty sweet wallpaper.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, here ends my 16th play through.

Sniper Rifles are more fun than I thought they'd be, especially the OP ones TMM mentioned. I do want to do a Sentinel play through just so I can say I've done all of the classes. But as fun as Engineer and Infiltrator was, I think I'll always prefer Vanguard.

All three Maleshep play throughs have been Talimances. I've honestly come to prefer her over Liara, though I typically prefer Femshep...so...yeah.

Now that I've finally gone through a play through with Kaiden, I think I can say with confidence that I absolutely prefer Ashley. Sure she's a bitch up until after the Cerberus coup in 3, but she does grow and her love of her family and how she's there for her sister in 3 makes her far more interesting than Kaiden was. He honestly had nothing to even make me think of even the possibility of saving him again in the future. He's just...boring.

Also, for the second time, I got The Illusive Man to off himself. I must have finally figured it out.

Top Bottom