Hyrule Town Square

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I have some up to star level 2. I'm going to have to do a bit more resource gathering to do more though. My amiibo are at my house, so I haven't even been able to scan them to get more armor pieces. This is going to take a while.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I am at the point where I can go to the final battle but not at the point where I feel like I'm strong enough that I want to attempt the final battle.

So I've been putting around the map trying to discover interesting things and temples. Last night I finally picked up the teleportation circle update that I hadn't bothered with, ran around on the fire dragon for the first time, fought the skeleton cyclops and found the Fierce Diety Mask.

Cool.

-ZacWilliam, may go for the rest of the Fierce Diety set today.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If only the Fierce Deity Mask worked like the actual Fierce Deity Mask. ;)

Or even, imagine getting to freely roll around the terrain of this game's world at high speed as Goron Link.

Majora's Mask had one of the most fun and creative gameplay mechanics in the history of the Zelda series, and Nintendo has never revisited it since.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I have the entire game mapped now. Should make hunting shrines on the surface a heck of a lot easier..
I’m guessing the King Gleeoks are only in the sky. Have yet to find one on the surface or down in the depths.

Caldwin

Citizen
Zelda keeps turning into a bunch of monsters. No problem. I got the mages powers with me. I Can take them easy.

Zelda turns into a bunch of Phantom Ganon's. I get my butt soundly spanked while doing chip-damage in return.

Okay, let's Google this.

Article on Phantom Ganon scrolls on and on.

Right! I'm just going to lay a teleportation disk right here and go do other things for a whil. Hopefully it won't take me all the way back to the first monster gang. But even if it does...

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

Have you been upgrading your armor through faries?

Well I beat Crisis at Hyrule Castle. Encouraged by this victory, I actually cleansed the Great Deku Tree.

So now I guess next I have to find this fifth sage. Not sure where to start with that. Guess that's what Google's for.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, well, well! Get past the boss that kicks your butt and you can really surprise yourself how much further you can go.
I finished the dragon sky islands and M now in the depths where I now need to collect the four body pieces for the fifth mage.
I think that's where I'll call it a night.

Caldwin

Citizen
I found the fifth sage. So now all I have to do is Destroy Ganon. But just testing the waters, that looks like it's going to be one heck of a gauntlet before even getting to Ganon.

So I'm g to spend some time collecting armor, upgrading armor and seeing what I can find as far as kick ass weapons.

More heart containers and weapon stash expansions would also be welcome.

Caldwin

Citizen
So you know how I said in my last post (the one right before this one) that I was at the point where I can now go to Ganon? Sure even now I'm building up resources like food and weapons and such. But I am now at the point where the game is telling me I am, for all intents and purposes, at the end.

Well you'll never guess what finally came from Amazon today!

IMG_2546.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen

I've ran into brick walls when trying to play these before. But what the heck? I suppose I can try them again, particularly with save states.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I rather wish that they had given these two games the "Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch" remake treatment instead of just re-releasing them as is.

They could have even reused some assets from that remade game for these in order to save some development costs (just like how the originals likewise reused assets from the Game Boy Color version of the original LA).

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Super happy we're getting to play them though. I sold my copies years ago (for a tidy bundle). They're some of my favorites.

Caldwin

Citizen
Would be nice if we could still get the strategy guides...for the art...of course. No other reason. Just the art.
🤥

Caldwin

Citizen
Holy crap, that was awesome!

Fighting alongside the sages was awesome! Fighting alongside Dragon Zelda in an air fight was awesome! Her becoming human again and diving to catch her was awesome!

This is probably the best Zelda ending...EVER!

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, so I had a question I was wanting to ask while playing but wanted to wait until I finished the game in case it was answered through gameplay. But it wasn't answered...so...

Both in BotW and TotK, where the heck is the Triforce? It's not even mentioned. Instead all of the sages (and Ganon) have little tear shaped stones. Even in Ganon's back story there's no mention of the Triforce. He seems to get all of his powers from the tear stone like the sages.

Top Bottom