Hyrule Town Square

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
IMG_2620.jpeg

Piece of advice, if you can get to the top of that island (Zonaite Forge Island), drop a travel medalion like I did. There you can get a Hearty Radish, Big Hearty Radish, several Stambulbs as well as some other plants. There's also a korok at the very very top.

Hearty foods have beef made a lot more rare than they were in BotW. So having a place you can farm is great.

Caldwin

Citizen
I just dropped off a sky island, landed on Naydra as he was descending down a pit and rode him all the way down to the depths.

This game certainly has its moments.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Hmm, odd that they partnered with Sony. I would have thought they would have stuck with Universal.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I mean, if they could get the Spider-Verse team working on a Zelda movie? That'd...be truly amazing.

I know they're saying it's live action, but this is a Zelda movie. About 80% of it is going to be CGI no matter what they do.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Hollywood has just lost so much of my trust. I've wanted a Zelda movie for so long that now that they've announced it, now I'm just worried what they're going to do with it. I'm half expecting Zelda to take the lead and to destroy Ganon because she doesn't need some man to help her thank you very much. Link can be the dopey sidekick who has a lot to learn and will never do it as well as the Princess.

And that's just if it doesn't get wrapped up in development hell due to the strikes.

Damn, I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard not to be cynical sometimes, especially given how long we've been waiting for this, it's hard to not be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
it's by the writer of jurassic world and rise of skywalker.
rupoor.png

Hollywood has just lost so much of my trust. I've wanted a Zelda movie for so long that now that they've announced it, now I'm just worried what they're going to do with it. I'm half expecting Zelda to take the lead and to destroy Ganon because she doesn't need some man to help her thank you very much. Link can be the dopey sidekick who has a lot to learn and will never do it as well as the Princess.
get a load of this guy cam.jpg

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Never watched Jurrassic World, but Rise of Skywalker isn't inspiring confidence.

Caldwin

Citizen
Spin-Out:

Okay, I'll admit that maybe I could have reigned that in a bit. And look, I'm not saying it's all crap. But what I am saying is that for every decent-really good movie that's gotten released lately (Dungeons and Dragons, Super Mario, Scream VI), there seems to be a dozen or so bleh films (Last Voyage of the Demeter, did they really have to make another Fast and Furious, and dammit Disney, stop turning all your great classic cart into soulless live action movies...stop...just...stop).

Look, I really want this to be good. I really, reeeeallly do. I've been wanting a Zelda movie for a loooooong time. And thanks to movies like Mario, D&D, Scream VI and Ghostbusters Afterlife, I'm holding out some hope that this might be good. It's just that I really want Zelda to be good but my opinion of Hollywood's creativity lately has not been good... and that was before the strikes.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
afterlife was a mediocre stranger things knockoff that didn't understand that ghostbusters is first and foremost a feature-length SNL sketch. say what you will about 2016, but at least 2016 was in the spirit of the originals and not some overly-reverent crap that treats some screwball comedies like timeless epics.
Plus the Jurassic World sequels, Kong: Skull Island, Detective Pikachu, and... Monster Trucks. 😣
so only one good movie (big monke: skull island), one decent one (pokeymans) and a lot of bad ones.

we're so fucked.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Not unless we end up with something as insanely bonkers as the 1993 live-action Mario movie. Trust the fungus! ;)
never gonna happen. this is gonna be a lame, boneless adaptation of zelda that makes the dic cartoon look like a masterpiece

Top Bottom