Hyrule Town Square

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Well, obviously I already have that one. I need more. Always more. Everything is never enough.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Okay, so I had a question I was wanting to ask while playing but wanted to wait until I finished the game in case it was answered through gameplay. But it wasn't answered...so...

Both in BotW and TotK, where the heck is the Triforce? It's not even mentioned. Instead all of the sages (and Ganon) have little tear shaped stones. Even in Ganon's back story there's no mention of the Triforce. He seems to get all of his powers from the tear stone like the sages.
In BotW, Zelda's sealing power has the mark of the Triforce appear on the back of her hand, leaving some to wonder if she might unknowingly have the complete Triforce in her possession and if it might actually be the true reality of her sealing power.

However, TotK reveals that Zelda naturally possesses both light and time powers that she inherited from King Rauru and Queen Sonia, respectfully, casting some doubt on the notion of her sealing power really being the power of the Triforce if her sealing power is instead meant to be her Zonai-inherted light power.

So now... We just don't know about the Triforce's whereabouts. Like Shadewing said, it being in the Sacred Realm is probably a good guess, but even that place is never mentioned or referenced, either.

Caldwin

Citizen
Holy hug, I just beat my first Gleeok! It took a fair bit of health, but I did it. But now I'm thinking I'm going to want a steady supply of multi-shot bows if I'm going to make a habit of it.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
Holy hug, I just beat my first Gleeok! It took a fair bit of health, but I did it. But now I'm thinking I'm going to want a steady supply of multi-shot bows if I'm going to make a habit of it.
i beat a king gleeok without taking a single hit.

Caldwin

Citizen
I know it took them a while, but you remember how they did amiibo for the champions in Breath of the Wild? I hope they do the same for the TotK sages.

Tulin is just too cute. I can take or leave Yunobo as a character. Personalitywise, he's not my favorite goron. But his is my most used power, soooo, yeah. Sidon is just made of awesome. I must have an amiibo for him. Riju...well, Gerudo are typically hot anyway. So I certainly wouldn't mind having another Gerudo amiibo. Mineru would be nice to have an amiibo of in her original Zonai form, not so much her mech form.

So...at the beginning of the thread I rated all of the Zelda's except this one (since it wasn't out yet). Now that I've finished, I guess now's a good time. I'll probably copy/paste it into my first post after I'm done just to have them all in one place.

Tears of the Kingdom
When I was watching trailers of this, I was kinda excited just because I always like having a new Zelda game to sink my teeth into. But I wasn't exactly on the edge of my seat. Like what others seemed to think, it just looked like Breath of the Wild with a few tweaks. But then I started playing it and...wow! If I had one complaint about BotW it would have to be that the story was hidden and didn't quite grab my the way previous Zelda's had. But with TotK, the story had me hooked. I seriously choked up several times watching the story unfold. It was fantastic. And the gameplay, while reminiscent of BotW, added so much that I'm really not sure if I can go back and play BotW. I gave BotW a "S+" rating. This game outclasses BoTW so much, I can't imagine giving it anything less.
--S+ (and if it doesn't get GotY, there's no justice in the world)

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
I can't imagine that we won't get some kind of amiibo for this game, especially given how well it's selling. And given that they did give us Champion amiibo with BotW, it would be odd not to give us the sages this time. Thing is, I just never really can predict Nintendo. Still, while on the subject of Amiibo, I'd love: the Sages, Rauru, Demon King Ganon, Zelda, Dragon Zelda, super sized Gleeok. I'm sure a lot of people will say Pura. But if we get Pura, I want Paya.

Caldwin

Citizen
Arts & Artifacts has the art at better quality than it's ever been.
I finally decided to get my copy out. You know, I remember the original art of the first Zelda instruction manual being fairly creepy. It actually really is. See the original art for Gleeok, Manhandla...definitely the Wallmaster. Oh man, the memories! Now that the technology exists to make things pretty much exactly how the creator envisions them instead of the tiny 8-bit sprites they had to work with at the time, I honestly would love to see what kind of game they could make if they went back to some of this original artwork.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2604.jpeg

There's nothing wrong with this costume, right?

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm going to have to go with the Twilight set. It's not as bright as the others, I like the bandolier and white under garment.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I'm always biased to the Ocarina look, but god the gangrene hand is throwing off the vibe of almost every one of these.

Top Bottom