Hyrule Town Square

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I...actually enjoyed the DiC Zelda.

<_<

Look, I'm not saying it was a masterpiece of storytelling or anything, but as another cheesy 80's cartoon, I enjoyed it. Like seriously, if you can't embrace the 80's cheese, there's actually very little of it you're going to enjoy. That includes Transformers.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
We haven't had a good fantasy epic in over a decade (D&D was good, but really was more of an action-comedy-heist movie that simply had a fantasy setting) I'm not sure they can pull this off, especially not in live-action, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, for now. It's still in pre-prodution so everything is in flux ATM.

Glitch

Citizen
Well let's never forget the pitch from 2007 with a Twilight Princess theme to it.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’ll hold judgement until something of note actually happens. Sure the current writer doesn’t inspire confidence but a writer is only piece of the larger picture.

But I’m freaking out inside that this is actually happening for now!

Caldwin

Citizen
I do hope they have one single use of "excuse me, princess." Like, not a full on "excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess." More of a subtle, blink and you'll miss it kind of "did he just...rewind that because I think he just said it..," type thing.

Link is chasing a thug throughout the palace. "STOP! Someone stop him. Move, move,out of the way. Official royal guard business. Let me through. Excuse me princess. Somebody stop him!"

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I do hope they have one single use of "excuse me, princess." Like, not a full on "excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess." More of a subtle, blink and you'll miss it kind of "did he just...rewind that because I think he just said it..," type thing.

Link is chasing a thug throughout the palace. "STOP! Someone stop him. Move, move,out of the way. Official royal guard business. Let me through. Excuse me princess. Somebody stop him!"
Or to make it even more subtle, have it be just "Excuse me." And then, after some minutes have passed with Link doing something else, the very next thing he says to Zelda when he returns to her begins with "Princess...", dragging it out in a way no one would see coming.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hollywood has just lost so much of my trust. I've wanted a Zelda movie for so long that now that they've announced it, now I'm just worried what they're going to do with it. I'm half expecting Zelda to take the lead and to destroy Ganon because she doesn't need some man to help her thank you very much. Link can be the dopey sidekick who has a lot to learn and will never do it as well as the Princess.

And that's just if it doesn't get wrapped up in development hell due to the strikes.

Damn, I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard not to be cynical sometimes, especially given how long we've been waiting for this, it's hard to not be waiting for the other shoe to drop.
I don't think Hollywood going nuts on it is so much a concern here...

Caldwin

Citizen
I don't think Hollywood going nuts on it is so much a concern here...

That does give me a measure of hope, as does the fact that the Mario movie was actually pretty good.

I don't know. It's like, there's just so many reasons it could be awesome and so many reasons it could suck. I guess having waited for this for so long, the fact it's actually happening suddenly has me hoping I wasn't wishing on a monkey's paw.

Blot

Citizen
If Aonuma is heavily involved there's a good chance Link doesn't pick up a sword until the film is already over.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
With Miyamoto so heavily involved, there's a good chance the movie will have the most bare bones story possible since he's so adamantly against storytelling over gimmicks.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Tailgate_Cyclonus_Hope_Is_A_Lie.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I...actually enjoyed the DiC Zelda.

There are dozens of us. It's usually not good, but the innocent cluelessness of it is endearing. They had to rely more on their imagination than on source material because there wasn't a lot of it yet. We'll never see something like that again.

And let's not be afraid to admit it. Sometimes it is actually kinda good.

Top Bottom