Hyrule Town Square

Shadewing

Citizen
Beat the game tonight, I honestly think that might been one of the easiest final bosses in the series.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Beat the game tonight, I honestly think that might been one of the easiest final bosses in the series.
How would you say it compares to the previous's game's Dark Beast Ganon final boss fight, which many criticized for being similarly too easy?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
And hereI am still mucking around. Of the main quests, I've still only done the Rito.

Shadewing

Citizen
How would you say it compares to the previous's game's Dark Beast Ganon final boss fight, which many criticized for being similarly too easy?

I think Calamity Ganon is a slightly harder, its been a few years since I last beat him, but I remember being at least slightly challenged by both forms. Gannondorf I was just able to tank him and wail on him. I dont know if having the Master Sword fused with boss material had a factorin it, but it hits Gannondorf like a mack truck. Any other boss and its just doing slivers to a health bar, but Gannondorf it takes chunks off. It was late at night I was tired, and I had ALOT more trouble getting to him, so I expected to get my ass handed to me at least once. Becuase there is SO much buildup with him, and his Demon King form looks very Similar to Demise who is one of the harder end bosses imo, but no I one shot him with no problem. I felt like I was very over prepared.

I think, overall, this might be the easiest Zelda game. All the really hard stuff is completely optional, the shrines, about a 3rd are blessings and the rest thanks to the new powers are extremely cheeseable. The only boss that gave me any real trouble is the Water Temple's due to its second phase and that was just more annoying then hard. Second place goes to Lightning Temple's boss, and that was my fault. I ran out of arrows literally half way through the fight, and its basically impossible to beat. It was also the boss that taught me I needed to upgrade my armor. Even Gleeoks aren't THAT bad, if you got a x3 bow and good supply of eyeballs, but before learning that, yeah they will murder you.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
There SO much to do in this game like I have not even ventured to the coast yet

I did finish the third and final Labyrinth (was my fave part in BOTW mazes are my jam)

Caldwin

Citizen
The usual time it takes me to finish other Final Fantasy games I could spend on TotK and not even touch the MSQ.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
There SO much to do in this game like I have not even ventured to the coast yet

I did finish the third and final Labyrinth (was my fave part in BOTW mazes are my jam)
I've yet to really explore the eastern and Southern edges of the map myself. I'm curious about the fun island on the south eastern corner now again....

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
explored an area I have not even explored in BotW and led to a fun little action set piece insane

Caldwin

Citizen
At one of the stables I found a person who will make monster sculptures based on pictures you take, though unlike Wind Waker, you have to do it in the order he requests.

But now I've forgotten which stable he's at.

😤

Shadewing

Citizen
At one of the stables I found a person who will make monster sculptures based on pictures you take, though unlike Wind Waker, you have to do it in the order he requests.

But now I've forgotten which stable he's at.

😤

I know there is a quest like that at terrytown

Caldwin

Citizen
Hmm, maybe it was Terry Town. Thanks! I'll check it out.

EDIT:
You are indeed correct. It's Terry Town.

Also, that feeling when the next picture you need is of an enemy you've seen dozens of times before but never took a picture of.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Kotaku had an article about that quest line. What’s hilarious is they will sculpt the monster in whatever pose the picture is in. And people have had some good fun with that fact.

Beat the main storyline yesterday since I was tired of holding off on it. Can’t agree on Shadewing’s analysis of the boss. You have to be damn good with parrying or Flurry Rush at some points of the battle. The last part though was pretty easy once you know what you are trying to do.

Shadewing

Citizen
Beat the main storyline yesterday since I was tired of holding off on it. Can’t agree on Shadewing’s analysis of the boss. You have to be damn good with parrying or Flurry Rush at some points of the battle. The last part though was pretty easy once you know what you are trying to do.

Pretty sure Shadewing was only talking about that boss battle, not the one before it.

Nope, I meant the whole fight. I never once parried or needed to flurry rush. I just pumbled him with the master sword, which just knocked whole chunks of health of him. He never even managed to get through a complete row of my hearts in either of his phases. There were times where I thought he was gonna flurry rush me, but he just slow mo dodges occasionally. Max Heatlh, 60 armor from fully upgraded clothes, Master sword fused with Queen Ghibdo wing, went in with plenty of max potions and gloom healers, and I think I only used one before the fight after the big ass army battle. Never once felt like he was a threat or challenge.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And for those wondering what happens if one goes straight to Ganondorf without completing any of the main quests (besides obtaining the Paraglider, of course):

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Nope, I meant the whole fight. I never once parried or needed to flurry rush. I just pumbled him with the master sword, which just knocked whole chunks of health of him. He never even managed to get through a complete row of my hearts in either of his phases. There were times where I thought he was gonna flurry rush me, but he just slow mo dodges occasionally. Max Heatlh, 60 armor from fully upgraded clothes, Master sword fused with Queen Ghibdo wing, went in with plenty of max potions and gloom healers, and I think I only used one before the fight after the big ass army battle. Never once felt like he was a threat or challenge.
See I'm wondering if the Gibdo Wing gave you an advantage since any time I just swung at him with just the normal sword, that's all he would do.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Gannon heres a thought, have you ever.... you know.... thought about not being a di*k when you rule Hyrule you might not get your teeth kicked in so much by a kid in a green onesee

Caldwin

Citizen
I just killed all the monsters in Lurelin. I have two main goals right now: get the rest of the Froggy armor and restore Lurelin.
That's Lurelin Village all rebuilt and pristine.Still got to level up that Frog Armor.
And now the Frog Armor is at level 2. Rain means nothing to me now.

I guess now would be a good time to get back to the Zora main quest line.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Im beating final boss sometimes this weekend I set up all that I could a few war machines ready in the Auto build and I have max battery now
cooked a ton of food and have a few good weapons and bows

Top Bottom