Gun Culture

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It must be nice to not have to worry about these things. It is absurd that mass shootings down here are common enough to have a meaningful discussion about who's doing them. It should be rare enough for the data to have no pattern.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
FB friend: Contrary to what the NRA says, a well-armed society is not a polite society.

1AvmdGf.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
FB Friend is right about that one. The NRA loves that quote but the data just don't back it up at all.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Yeah, they should never go to bed unafraid that the gun lobby can buy up all of the opposition and....wait.....

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I'm nostalgic for two years ago when the NRA was declaring bankruptcy. Did they hold a go fund me or something?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The only reason they tried to declare bankruptcy was to avoid litigation in New York over massive financial fraud. The judge dismissed the claim. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like either case went anywhere after that, at least not anywhere I can find from a quick search.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It will not stop.

There's no caveats there. It won't end if you take the guns away, it won't end if all the right wing media dies in a fire. The entire country has PTSD and like 3% of the country has more guns than the US has people. They won't stop shooting until they're all either dead or in prison.

Everything that's coming out of the US these days simply rots of "end of an empire".

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No charges have been filed. What the hell.

I knew we have extreme leeway when it comes to shooting down here but this is insane.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I hear Canada is a utopian wonderland. Got room for one more?
Everyone is welcome... mostly. If you're asian, stay out of the prairies, if you aren't white and french; stay out of quebec. Don't be a minority in any rural area, and you still need to watch your step in urban areas if you're muslim or Hasidic jewish.

Oh, and american guns are driving the rise in violent crime throughout canada. So while there's a LESSER chance of being murdered for random reasons and irrational anger, there's always still a chance. Plus our bigots seem to be big fans of just... running folks over.

Oh, and if america shits the bed and collapses, you're our biggest trading partner, so canada is SOL too, and probably a target for american raiders and opportunistic warmongers whom are suddenly without laws and global oversight.

Oh, there's also a strike on for bureaucrats and government pencil pushers: so visa applications might take a while.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't speak French but my family does trace back to the Quebec diaspora. Can I come back?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Like I said, you're all welcome...

But the cold is going to kill you, florida boy, the cold will kill you. That first winter will be an experience like none other. If you survive it, it becomes something beautiful, but there's plenty of immigrants from hot countries around that basically wear winter coats 3 out of four seasons.

Edit: but hey, this is the gun "culture" thread, so maybe if'n you want to keep talking it, head on over to the ranting about quebec thread.

Last edited:

Top Bottom