Gun Culture

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They really weren't there to shoot. They really thought the military was going to show up on their side and do all the shooting for them.

You need to understand that Q never called anyone to violence, or to any real action at all. That was the whole appeal. Qcumbers got to feel special for being in the know, without the responsibility of having to do anything about it. They were told they could just watch TV and enjoy the show, and feel special about it. On January 6 they lost patience waiting for the secret plan to finally execute, but they still didn't think they were there to fight a revolution. They were just there to knock down the first domino and then sit back and watch the show.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
There weren't that many guns. IIRC, DC has some serious gun restrictions.
Instead, Proud Boys and others had stashes, just across state lines for 'quick action teams' to retrieve had they needed the firepower.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
The QAnon crowd believes in every imaginable "deep state" and "false flag" conspiracy theory there is ... so why don't they suspect that the NRA and its paid shills secretly want mass shootings to continue? Gun sales go up after every major mass shooting, after all. Financially, every mass shooting is a win for the gun industry. What happened to QAnon's "follow the money" rhetoric?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You have no idea.

There are people who think the NRA is a puppet to prevent a more extreme gun rights group from gaining any influence.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
They're half right, the NRA is a front to prevent LESS extreme gun rights groups from gaining any influence.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This guy might have been going out of business anyway because he had no idea what he was doing. Which is terrifyingly common in the gun industry. There's a lot of irresponsible gun owners out there who have no idea what they're doing, and unfortunately there are irresponsible people in the industry who don't know what they're doing either.

0:45 "I just can't sell items like this to people." The scary looking gun he's waving around right there appears to be a Tavor TS12 shotgun. It's not as scary as it looks, and mass shooters haven't been using it. It's fed by non-detachable tube magazines that have an awe inspiring capacity of... 4. Okay, it has 3 magazines so you have 12 shells in the gun, but you still have to manually swap to the next magazine. You don't just twitch your finger 12 times. It's 4 shots, swap magazines, 4 shots, swap magazines, 4 shots. Maybe 5 rounds per magazine if you use shorter weaker shells, but the gun is finicky about what ammo it accepts. It's a pricey gun that wants pricey ammo. Maybe he can't sell it to people because nobody wanted to pay that much for a shotgun, or judging by what comes later maybe he didn't understand what ammo to recommend for it and customers kept returning it. I don't know. But it sure looks mean and evil on TV, and that is the point of it.

0:58 He correctly identifies this gun as an HCAR chambered in .30-06. Another pricey gun. Mass shooters haven't been using this thing either. There are genuine reasons why the AR-15 is so wildly overrepresented in mass shootings and we do need to talk about it, but none of them apply to this.

1:09 This part is just a straight up lie or dangerous cluelessness. He's making it sound like you can stick that 500 round belt into an HCAR instead of a magazine. You can't. The HCAR is mag fed. You can't shove a belt into a mag fed gun and make it work. It doesn't go. They're different mechanisms. That belt is probably meant for a semiauto Browning 1919. That's a 30 pound gun that sits on a tripod. Nobody is going to drag a heavy tripod mounted gun into a school.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The one that's now mostly working is an old Charter Arms AR-7. It's in bad enough shape that I should probably just replace it with a Henry Arms one, but I'm making enough progress to keep me from giving up.

The one that's now totally working is a Universal M1 carbine, and I'm happy about that because it's the one I most wanted to get working. When I got mine it actually fed pretty well (surprising for a Universal, supposedly) but it did not extract. At all. Ever. The extractor just did not work. I considered getting a new one, but it's a very late Universal with all the internal design changes, so good luck finding parts. The well is pretty dry at this point. So I've been trying to just fix what I have. This week I did it. It now feeds and extracts flawlessly. And I have three working magazines, so this thing is now totally back to life.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The AR-7 is now functional. The only thing still wrong with it is the receiver can't store in the stock. The fit is impossibly tight. Something must be warped somewhere. This is annoying, because the ability to stuff everything in the stock is the only point of an AR-7.

But, when it's all assembled, it is now mechanically totally fine.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
And what did you expect? It's literally the only available reaction: they will never get gun laws to pass, and will never be able to even start talking about it because of tomorrow's inevitable mass shooting.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Unrelated to the Maine shooter, I bought my first personal firearm yesterday. A Berreta APX A1 full size with red dot.
I plan to use it for work. It's a large handgun, not compact at all and unless you're big (like me) you're not going to get away with carrying it concealed.

For my work purposes, though, I think it's just about perfect. It was *very* cheaply priced, but is a high quality gun.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Unrelated to the Maine shooter, I bought my first personal firearm yesterday. A Berreta APX A1 full size with red dot.
I plan to use it for work. It's a large handgun, not compact at all and unless you're big (like me) you're not going to get away with carrying it concealed.

For my work purposes, though, I think it's just about perfect. It was *very* cheaply priced, but is a high quality gun.
They are solid pistols. Concealment is all about the holster, placement, and clothing.

I'm a fairly small person usually run about 155 pounds, and have no trouble concealing a full size or larger handgun.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The worst part about the uptick in gun sales after mass shootings is you just know only some of it is from people who actually think they can protect themselves in the event of another one, and the rest is from people paranoid that gun laws will get more strict so they'd better get one (or more likely, another one) while it's still legal.

Top Bottom