Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Shiny, eh? Eh, guess I might as well. I've long since moved on from V/S. But free shiny's a free shiny.

Caldwin

Citizen
Completely forgot about this until just now. Luckily the code's still being taken. So I got one for Scarlet and one for Violet. Thanks for the code!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
A mix of news!

We have a new Charizard distribution based on the Horizons anime with the code: DARKTERA0006
And don't forget the code for 50 Fighting Tera shards: TERATYPECHANGE
Also, be on the lookout for a code for a Shiny Grimmsnarl coming up soon.

And with SDCC going on we have some trailers for the anime.

We'll be getting our last journey with Ash on September 8:

And we get our first look at the English dub for Horizons, with no release date yet:

If you want to get caught up on Ash's journey before the end, Jordan Fringe has been doing some pretty good videos about each leg of Ash's journey. He's only up to Sinnoh right now, so he probably won't be done before Netflix airs the finale, but I'd still say check them out. At the very least, it's faster than rewatching the entire series. It's a fun look back at all the adventures we had with Ash through the years. Even though, he doesn't highlight a few episodes that I wish he would.

Here's the playlist:

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Pokemon TV now has all of Master Journeys and the first 12 episodes of Ultimate Journeys up for those who don't have Netflix.

I may hang back a bit while they post the rest of Gen 8.

By the time I finish Ultimate Journeys I can start Horizon (Gen 9).

I was able to buy the over the air and cable episodes on DVD up to Sun and Moon Ultra Legends so in any case I won't miss any episodes.

I plan to pick up Master Journeys as soon as I can.

wentwood

Citizen
Pokemon Journeys

Has anybody noticed the audio quality on this? It's at a lower volume than over the air DVD so I may stream Gen 8 on Pokemon TV.

wentwood

Citizen
Horizons

I saw 6 minutes of it so I'll wait for the ap to get it rather than drop 20 bucks to stream a half hour.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Shiny Grimmsnarl event is a GO! The code is: THA12022CHAMP

Also, yet another code for some random sandwich ingredients: NATSUN0T0KKUN

Also, there's a fine art exhibition in LA featuring Pokemon. I just think some of these are neat.
POKEMON-X-KOGEI_Tea-Caddy-Call-Spring-Maki-e-by-Yoshiaki-Taguchi_square.jpg

POKEMON-X-KOGEI_Tea-caddy-Unkown-Design-Black-Granite-Style-by-Terumasa-Ikeda_square.jpg

Pokemon-Kogei-2.jpeg

I WANT that transformable Corviknight in the second video as a toy. Make it happen, Nintendo!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
If I ever go to CA before the exhibit's over... I would especially love to see the Unknown box in person. Looks so metallic/sparkley.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
ORAS gave everyone in hoenn a glow-up, but damn if wallace didn't get the absolute best glow-up

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Spoilers, but it needs to be known!
Use the code: GET Y0UR MEW, in order to get a free Mew, with a random Tera-Type.

(Skip to 20:50 to see the Scarlet/Violet news; 23:35 for the DLC news )

Oh, we're getting a new series of shorts. Path to the Peak, based on the TCG. It looks pretty cute.

Detective Pikachu Returns releases October 6!

We get a few seconds of new animation for Pre-Terapagos from the Horizons anime. The different colored energies going into it's shell feel like a hint at what it's gimmick will be.

It took me WAY too long to figure out what they were going for with the shoes. I thought we were getting special Pokemon Go Smart-shoes or something. They just represent each generation. Kind of clever...if not a little obtuse.

I swear...they're teasing us with footage from Scarlet and Violet on purpose. Using it to make it look like they'll start talking about the DLC when they're really just talking about more spinoff and mobile games.

The first Trading Card Game Gameboy game and Pokemon Stadium 2 are coming to Nintendo Switch Online today. Neat. I know a lot of people seem to have fond memories of the TCG game.

Man...I WANT a Pokemon Sleep anime. "Try to sleep your very best".

FINALLY, we start the S/V news!

Oh...we're getting ANOTHER series of shorts. Paldean Winds. It looks good, but...that's not the game news you promised us!

*Mewtwo vs Mew* I wish the cutscenes looked THIS good in-game...

...That's a REALLY long name for a in-game event. Use the code: GET Y0UR MEW, in order to get a free Mew, with a random Tera-Type. And they're doing a in-game event where you can get a Mightiest Mark 7-Star Psychic-Tera Mewtwo, from September 1 to 17. I guess if you use Mew while fighting this Mewtwo...something will happen? (Mega Evolution, like the rumors say?)

FINALLY, the DLC news actually starts!

Oh, I spot a candy-apple form of Applin! Long Ekans is long. Huh, can you only encounter the new Loyal Tree/Poison Trio at night?

Oh...we ARE getting new forms via Terastallization! Giant Mask Ogerpon!

Looks like we can customize our room at the Blueberry Academy in DLC 2.

Huh...some sort of ring-flying minigame. Okay. Bringing in a little bit of Legends Arceus into SV?

Oh, a new rail-bridge-gun form of Duraludon.

EEEH! Okay, Paradox Raikou (Raging Bolt) freaks me out with that long neck. Paradox Cobalion (Iron Crown) looks pretty cool, though.

And yes...Pre-Terapagos IS in the game! And it looks like it's probably just the non-Terastallized form of Terapagos.

Oh, and they're hinting at something! A return to Area Zero for....something! Eventually!

Huh...a new teacher. That's kind of a missed opportunity to flesh out the teachers we already know more, but okay.

Awww....sleepy puppies. (Poochyena)

Dipplin's the candy-apple! They call it a evolution not a regional form, so...okay.

We're getting a photo mode in the DLC! Nice! And a photo stick...amazing!

Oh, we're getting new CLASSES at the Blueberry Academy, too! I'm actually a little excited for that, since some of the classes in the main school gave us some really interesting LORE!

Archaludon is the rail-bridge-gun Duraludon. Another evolution instead of a regional variant. I sense a theme.

And now they're hinting that your Ride Buddy will learn how to FLY! Not just glide! I'm up for that!

You get to re-battle the Gym Leaders at the Blueberry Academy. Neat.

And yes, we ARE going back to Area Zero...probably to get Terapagos.

The Teal Mask releases September 13!

And The Indigo Disk releases winter this year! I thought they were saving that for next year, but cool!

Funny we don't get to see Paradox Entei or Terrakion, yet. They MUST be coming if we're getting the other 2 of their groups.

And I wonder about getting a Paradox Ho-Oh and Keldeo, since they're technically a part of these groups, too. But, we never DID get a Galarian Lugia to go with the other Galarian Birds, so probably not.

And I fear this means the rumored Watermelon Koffing...does not exist. Join your fellows in the "beloved never-were Fakemon" afterlife my sweet child.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I played my first in-person game of Pokémon cards ever. I had got my nephew the training academy boxset for Christmas, and he had got a few other cards and managed to make a decent Psychic deck. Although he kept calling Physics. I have a couple decks that I have bought, but my favorite was the most recent Leon's Charizard deck. Charizard for 2 energy can hit for 200, and the deck is designed to draw cards and get cards out of the discard pile. It has some non-fire Pokémon like Lugia, Sudowodo, and a useful Bug type that allows it to hit a Pokémon and swap out.

So the game starts out slow and bad for me, as my nephew is only 10 and hasn't been taught how to shuffle cards yet. So his Mew Two V is in his hands to start out with. I also, am dealing with an energy shortage, but I put Lugia up first to absorb all the damage he can deal for a couple turns. He gets a few more creatures that allow him to stock pile energy from his deck on his benched Pokémon, as well as a psychic that deals 30 damage per energy attached to it, so you can see that this is a bad thing. He takes out my Lugia first and I use Sudowodo instead of my Charmander that is lacking a Charmeleon to upgrade him to Charizard, as well as that lack of energy. Sudowodo gets me some card draws and I eventually get my Charizard on the bench to draw more with. Using the Ordinary rod, I was able to pull a lot of stuff out of the discard pile. Eventually I swap in my Charizard and start taking out his creatures while building up a new Charmander to evolve. Taking out his little energy fetcher first, he put Mew two back in that unexpectedly got one shotted when I drew my Leon trainer card. He had some luck dealing with that Charizard though as he needed one more energy to one shot him, and with an empty hand, he drew a psychic energy to kill off my first Charizard.

However, my second Charizard along with my second Leon Trainer card put me back into control of the game, and it was all over from there. I feel pretty good that even with his deck stacked against me, I was able to win with that Charizard deck.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
ANOTHER Gastrodon event is live: 23WCSGASTR0D0N
(Seriously, it feels like Gastrodon is HALF of these championship events)

Remember, be sure to claim your Mew!

Also, the first episode of the new series of shorts about the TCG, Path to the Peak, is already out!

It's cute. I like it. I actually like this art style. It's expressive.

Caldwin

Citizen
Is the gastrodon at least shiny? Cause if not, I'm not even going to bother dragging out my Scarlet cartridge. Not even sure I care enough to switch to my digital Violet.

EDIT:
Nope! Not a shiny.
*yawn*

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
All the past starters are here!

And they keep teasing whatever Terapagos' gimmick is. Either it can change Tera-types at will, or it has all the Tera-types at once. Unless it lets you change your own Pokemon's Tera-Type permanently, or unless other Pokemon can use it too, I don't know if it's really going to matter. It'll probably have a neat cut scene, though.

Caldwin

Citizen
I gotta be honest. I've so completely moved on from this game with Zelda, Street Fighter, the upcoming Mortal Kombat and other games...I am totally not excited about this DLC, or really anything Pokemon related in general. If not for the fact that I already preordered the DLC at a time when I did still care, I probably wouldn't be in this thread at all.

It's not that I hate Pokemon or anything. My interest in anything just kinda has high and low tides. Right now TMNT, Street Fighter, Clue and Mortal Kombat are at high tide. Pokemon, Transformers, He Man and My Little Pony are at low tide.

*shrugs*
Maybe when the DLC actually comes out it'll generate some renewed interest. But for right now, I am totally unexcited.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm sure I'll get it when it comes out, but......Honestly, this has probably been my least favorite gen yet. I'm more curious about the rumors of another Legends game than I am about the DLC.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
honestly, this is the first game since DP to be bad enough game-wise really make me lose interest in new pokemon games. although at least most of the pokemon this gen are good and not eyesores like about half of sinnoh's mons, i guess.

i really wish lokix was in a better game. and that nintendo would hurry up and fire kaz ishihara already

Last edited:

Top Bottom