Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Is it bad that I can' get excited about mythical pokemon anymore? I mean, I got it just because it's a free mythical and all I had to do was enter a code, but I wasn't exactly giddy on the edge of my seat.

Is it me or is it Pokemon that changed?

Echowarrior

Citizen
Honestly, I just wish that I could get some Herba Mystica. Unfortunately, I lack the time to do the raids, and I don't quite know which raids to do. And that's assuming the raids are even successful.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
Honestly? I kind of want them to do regional variants for Lokix for every generation from here on out, just to give us references to ALL the different Riders from over the years. Give us a Zero-One or Geats version of Lokix.
look i would be over the moon if lokix got regional variants but we already got zero-one lokix
1693542912037.png

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Is it bad that I can' get excited about mythical pokemon anymore? I mean, I got it just because it's a free mythical and all I had to do was enter a code, but I wasn't exactly giddy on the edge of my seat.

Is it me or is it Pokemon that changed?

I mean, once you have 5 Mews sitting in a box in Home, the mystique of Mythicals does start to lose their luster, yeah.

Now, if it had been Shiny, that'd be a different story, but...

My Mew has the Poison-Tera-Type...which means it's the WORST POSSIBLE Mew for this upcoming Mewtwo Raid. *Sigh* That alone kind of dampens the fun of getting a new Mew.

look i would be over the moon if lokix got regional variants but we already got zero-one lokix
See, to me, that's more Kamen Rider Yongo/4.

1299006.jpeg

Honestly, I just wish that I could get some Herba Mystica. Unfortunately, I lack the time to do the raids, and I don't quite know which raids to do. And that's assuming the raids are even successful.

Here's some guides:
www.reddit.com/r/PokemonScarletViolet/comments/10pkove/table_of_the_tera_raid_pokémon_with_higher_herba/
www.reddit.com/r/PokemonScarletViolet/comments/zor6ut/swipe_through_i_didnt_see_an_herba_mystica_drop/

Which you'll need, because only CERTAIN Pokemon even drop Herba Mystica in the first place.

But, basically, be on the lookout for 5-Star Raids for VERY specific Pokemon, such as Blissey or Gengar or Elektross or Driftblim. All of which have chances to drop EVERY type of Herba Mystica. And you'll have to travel to EACH Tera Raid location on the map to check what Raids are active one at a time, because there's no way to just simply check on the map. And you'll have to have Pokemon that are about level 80 to 100 in order to even have a CHANCE to solo it with the AI partners, since 5-Star Raid Pokemon are level 75. And even then, you only have about a 10% chance that they'll actually DROP ANY Herba Mystica if you can even manage to beat them.

So it's REALLY time consuming, complicated, and annoying...which is Gamefreak's prime motivating design strategy sometimes. *grumble grumble*

There's a reason I haven't bothered, despite wanting to try out this shining hunting method. Part of me is holding out hope that they'll give us a easier method in the DLC.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Since they stopped putting in-game events for them, mythics are just dex filler, and my dex is already full. It's great for newer players who haven't had a chance to get them before, but for those of us who've been playing for a couple decades at this point, it's not all that exciting anymore.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Another week, another Pokemon mini series is starting up. Paldean Winds!

And we have a code for a Cetitan from this new anime:
L1KEAFLUTE

Caldwin

Citizen
*checks out Youtube*

Oh great! Just what I was hoping for, even more videos on the upcoming Pokemon DLC because you just know I haven't been flooded to the gills with these videos! You know what? Fine! Whatever! I guess I might as well check one of them out to see if they've actually set a release date!

Oh! It's...it's already out. *starts the update for his game*

Okay, like seriously, when did this actually hit? Because it truly is one of those things where I was hyped when I preordered the DLC but not so much any more. And with Mortal Kombat 1 coming out tomorrow, I don't know how much time I'm going to be dedicating to this.

Also, now that I've started it up, I'm beginning to realize that it's been quite a while since I've played this. I hope the controls come back to me quickly, because I've completely forgotten how to play this and what the story thus far has been.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
It literally just came out last night.

Personally, I'm waiting a bit, just because there's liable to be bugs that need some fixes. Hopefully, there's nothing game-breaking, and I haven't heard anything suggesting that, but you never know.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I've only been playing for half an. So can't say too much. There's definite frame-rate issues, but nothing game breaking yet. The main game has been out long enough I can't imagine any too bad happening. I mean, really, what the worst that could possibly happen?

Echowarrior

Citizen
I haven't done anything with the DLC yet, but that's mostly because I currently don't have the time. Full time job and all that. I'm hoping to dip my toes in on Friday.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Well, I've only been playing for half an. So can't say too much. There's definite frame-rate issues, but nothing game breaking yet. The main game has been out long enough I can't imagine any too bad happening. I mean, really, what the worst that could possibly happen?
Most 9f the game breaking bugs have long since been fixed.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I've dipped my toes in. Haven't made a lot of progress, but I caught a bunch of Pokémon and will be breeding them at the first opportunity.

By the way, can anyone be of assistance to me in chasing down some regional variants? I need to get a few of the Alolan and Hisuian forms to help fill my 'Dex in HOME.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’ve actually already completed the Teal Mask DLC storyline and Pokédex. I like that it’s a vast new high level area to explore but the story is about as meh as always.
But we do get an adorable new legendary out of it with form changes so…

So the new area has a Pokédex of 200 with some shared with Paldeas so completing the dex wasn’t hard. I burned through a lot just catching a Pokémon and using a rare candy to evolve it since most are above their evolution levels. There are a few side quests. One includes a new form for
Ursaluna
, while another is definitely worth while if you’re strapped for PokeDollars.

Completing the new dex gives you a new Shinmering Charm that increases your Terra shard payouts from raids. Overall there are 6 new Pokemon and the one new form. Four of the six are the storyline legendarys…. But the story line is continuing into part 2 directly it seems with some characters carrying over.

Biggest disappointment, the new dex is very lackluster. Some returning favorites for some I’m sure, but no new access to any starters or ways to catch older legendary Pokémon.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
the returning dex for the entire dlc is lackluster. too many shitmons from early gens, and barely any pokemon from gen 7 or 8. at least we're getting all the starters back this time tho

Top Bottom