Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I kind of wish they'd do that, too. It's weird they let us put Ash Greninja in Pokemon Home only to never let us take it out again.

...But, given Ash is out of the anime this year, I don't know how likely that is. We might be more likely to get a Liko Meowscarada or a Roy Skeledirge or something.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Eh, I'm used to old exclusives that can't be brought forward. Anyone remember the Spiky-Eared Pichu from Gen 4?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, it sounds like the official twitter made a mistake.

*SIGH* Sorry to get people's hopes up.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Serebii's saying that there was a glitch during the Great Tusk/Iron Treads/Chesnaught Raid this weekend, causing the whole thing to be postponed. I'm betting there's still some bugs to work out before they can make these games Home compatible.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This is kind of old news, but I didn't know about it until today and we never mentioned it in this thread.

A few founders of the Pokemon Company have stepped down from their positions.

I...don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, maybe it'll lead to improvements. On the other hand...we might get replacements that are FAR worse. Time will tell.

Glitch

Citizen
Ash Greninja can be ported to gen 9, the ability remains but there's no change in stance.
Compare that to the Zelda developers and pray Zelda doesn't become a franchise like Pokemon did.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I transferred my shiny Delphox over to Violet. So all is finally right in the realm of Pokemon. Though I'll probably still be going hard into TotK once my arms heal. For me at least, it just took too long for Home to update with the S/V functionality. I've long since moved on to other things.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
This is kind of old news, but I didn't know about it until today and we never mentioned it in this thread.

A few founders of the Pokemon Company have stepped down from their positions.

I...don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, maybe it'll lead to improvements. On the other hand...we might get replacements that are FAR worse. Time will tell.nextcost
ishihara isn't stepping down from TPC, he's just leaving Creatures. he and nintendo/tpc execs are still probably gonna crunch and underpay game freak devs (bc GO makes more profit for them than the mainline games for a fraction of the cost) and then do nothing as "fans" blame the problems the franchise has entirely on the devs, unfortunately

honestly unless GO dies and/or Ishihara is replaced with someone who actually gives a flying **** about this franchise (Masuda-san comes to mind as the ideal replacement tbh), I'm skeptical things will get better soon. the next nintendo console gen is around the corner, and nintendo/tpc are probably gonna crunch game freak again and tell them to make an AAA open world game for half the budget an AAA game needs on an even more powerful console.

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I've got a Bisharp. I've been battling Bisharps surrounded by Pawniard. My Bisharp has leveled up, but no evolution to Kingambit.

I'm a little worried that I might be doing something wrong. Does my Bisharp have to battle the other Bisharp without swapping out? Or am I just not finding Bisharps with Leader's Crests? Does it have to be three uninterrupted Bisharps surrounded by Pawniards (I've done my best to do that, but you know how these things go)? Any help is welcome, folks.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Your Bisharp ALSO has to be holding a Leader's Crest while it's knocking out those other Leader Crest Bisharp. Capture one of the Bisharps surrounded by Pawnitard and it'll probably have the Leader's Crest. Then you can give it to any Bisharp you like. Then you need to have THAT Bisharp defeat 3 of the wild Leaders Crest Bisharp and get it to level up once. I don't think it can faint in-between fights, but you CAN heal it.

I used a TM 58 on mine to teach it Brick Break...that made pretty short work of the enemy Bisharps, since they're 4x weak to Fighting moves.

....If it weren't for the internet, I really don't know how anyone would figure any of this out.

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
Your Bisharp ALSO has to be holding a Leader's Crest while it's knocking out those other Leader Crest Bisharp. Capture one of the Bisharps surrounded by Pawnitard and it'll probably have the Leader's Crest. Then you can give it to any Bisharp you like. Then you need to have THAT Bisharp defeat 3 of the wild Leaders Crest Bisharp and get it to level up once. I don't think it can faint in-between fights, but you CAN heal it.

I used a TM 58 on mine to teach it Brick Break...that made pretty short work of the enemy Bisharps, since they're 4x weak to Fighting moves.

....If it weren't for the internet, I really don't know how anyone would figure any of this out.

Knew that, and my Bisharp has a Leader's Crest. Didn't know that it had to be the Bisharp that was defeating the other Bisharp. Thank you for pointing that out.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, regardless, the issue's been resolved and I have a Kingambit. Got the last of the Eeveelutions while I was at it, too.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Championship Bronzong is live with the code: 22SEN10RCHAMP

Grab it while you can, it expires tomorrow.

While you're at it heres another one for TMs for Bulldoze and Rockslide: PLAYD0UBLE

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
i got in a random wifi raid and caught a shiny magikarp. i was assuming it was a hack until i saw its nature and IVs.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Another event! This time a Championship Gastrodon with the code: PTCCHAMP10N2122

It ends Monday, so you'll have to get it quick.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Nintendo dropped a Direct and we got two new trailers for Pokemon.

Also, Shiny Gimmighoul is now possible. It's not the best shiny, but it's better than being identical to the regular version. A raids going on with Gimmighoul right now. It goes until July 2. You MIGHT want to wait a bit to try it out, though. Apparently, there WAS a glitch for Scarlet players. It's been hotfixed, but you might want to wait until Gamefreak gets a chance to find and swat all the bugs.

Thoughts on the trailers:
We finally get to see a bit from the Pokemon DLC. It looks...about what I expected. It doesn't wow me, but I'll be getting it for those new Pokemon. And a whole new cast of characters to make me cry. Looking forward to that. (Bring it on, Gamefreak!)

The festival part looks cute. I'm still thinking some of those festival masks will likely turn out to be new Pokemon.

I still want to know if we'll have to choose between those Loyal Three Pokemon (I hope we don't). According to Serebii, the Loyal Three all have a new ability, Toxic Chain, which gives a chance of your opponent getting badly poisoned every time you hit them with a move. Yeah...these three are most likely not the "good guys". As if we couldn't tell from the designs.

Blueberry Academy's Terarium just looks like a condensed down version of the entire region to me.

We get to see Terapagos...but we don't see a sign of that pre-evo (?) from the Horizon anime. Unless the smaller form is it's "real" form and this "Legndary" form is just a special form of Terastrallizing?

Also, Gligar is exclusive to Scarlet, and Aipom is exclusive to Violet. I don't see the point of having version exclusives of past Pokemon in the DLC, especially with Home now supporting the game...but whatever. Gamefreak's gonna Gamefreak. *shrug*

Still no firm release date, though. (....Please don't let the DLC break the game).

Detective Pikachu Returns! I was wondering what happened to this game. It was announced YEARS ago. The first one was fun, I"ll probably check it out.

Also, ANOTHER code for some Nuggets, Rare Candy, and a Friend Ball: TREASUREHUNT

Last edited:

Top Bottom