Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
i love how typhlosion looks just looming in the background with his perma-stoned grin. i think hisuian typhlosion's dethroned incineroar as my favorite fire-type starter, and i never really cared for the original typhlosion that much XD

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Check the Training Grounds, a certain NPC will summon other trainers for rematches. You get healed between bouts, too, so it's good for level grinding.

Glitch

Citizen
fishing was a pain i the butt until I just held the Pokeball and use the gyro aiming to accuracy.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
I gotta say, I've been mostly avoiding spoilers, so while I had a vague idea that he'd have a new form, Quilava evolving into such a chill Typhlosion was quite a surprise.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Check the Training Grounds, a certain NPC will summon other trainers for rematches. You get healed between bouts, too, so it's good for level grinding.
I tried doing that, but honestly, trainers matches kinda bore me and I think I still get more in the way of items by going out in the field. Plus, by going out into the field, I just got my first shiny in this game. I now have a shiny Zubat!

Glitch

Citizen
Two shinies today:
Lillipup in Pokemon Go and a Alpha Starley in Legends Arceus, not bad.

I do hope some Pokemon return for the DLC, I've snagged lots of male Litleo's in go for Pyroar and wish for Gogoat, Eelektros, Crabominible and the gen VI starters to make their debut in Gen VIII.
As for maps we could get a new map in two possible places, one in the areas that become Floaroma Meadows, Eterna Forest and Iron Island, another far larger one that could be the Battle Resort bringing in gen I Pokemon.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Shiney Buneary! That's two shinies in two days. That's pretty awesome! I can't wait to make this a Lopunny. Though that'll have to wait until post game. I still got a team to level up. But...Shiney Buneary!

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I'm not quite as over-leveled as I wanted to be. But let's just see how far I can go. At what ever point I get my butt kicked, I'll just reload and...oh...hey...the credits are rolling. What do ya know? I beat the story mode. Huh...neat!

Caldwin

Citizen
So I have my share of caught Alpha Pokemon. They're nice and all, but I have to wonder...how will it work trying to transfer alpha versions to other games?

Also, what's the general consensus of regional forms?

1. Great way to keep old Pokémon interesting.

2. Lazy development from people who rather reuse old characters than create new ones.

3. Love the variety of my favorites and I want to collect them all.

4. Damnit, Gamefreak, you're messing up my live dex!

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
It's just an extra box in the Home live dex. Right after the Alola and Galar boxes, but before the old Mystery Gifts and shiny box. Haven't assigned an Unown box yet because I've never actually bothered to collect them all before, but that'll be another box too.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
For my live dex, I just stick any region specific forms in their own box at the end of the region's section. Like after I hit the end of the Alolan numbers, I ahve another box wiht the Alolan regional forms, then the next box will start fresh with Galar. Unown and Vivillon have their own boxes, and that 63-variant ice cream one fropm Galar will get its own boxes too.

On the Alphas, I don't know if they'll end up any different in other games. Totem pokemon in USUM for example will lose their Totem size(both model and stats) when transferred up into Sword/Shield, and from what I've heard there's simply no support for them in the code currently. I could see Alphas ending up the same way.

Caldwin

Citizen
For my dex I just have one non-regional version per entry. I have a box for Vivillons. A box for Unknown (yes I have a complete set). Several boxes for sentimental or lvl 100 mon that have no place on the Switch games and them some boxes for legendaries, mythicals and shinies.

But the living dex itself I keep free of any regional variant confusions.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I guess I've been putting them mostly in Regional Dex order, not in International numbered order. So, I have Alolan and Galaran forms in with the "regular" pokemon for the region.

And, yeah, Alpha pokemon will likely end up like Totem pokemon and lose their stats when they move to another game. Or they'll end up like a handful of USUM Totems and not be transferable at all (unlikely, but Gamefreak has done that a few times). This is why I've been kind of lazy about collecting Gigantamax Pokemon. It'd be fine to just give everyone Max Soup, but if they're going to lose their G-Max forms anyway, do I really want to bother?

Caldwin

Citizen
Oh my goodness. Guys, I can't even believe this. I just got a Shiny Magikarp. I am about one Blissey fight away from having a shiny Gyrados. I am freaking the hug out!

Edit:
8BB1B11F-0866-4C85-9675-064A54E52531.jpeg

Last edited:

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
regional forms >>>>> mega evolutions in terms of taking old pokemon and reinventing them to be interesting, IMO, especially since regional forms seem to be here to stay while Mega Evolution is dead outside of GO

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
regional forms >>>>> mega evolutions in terms of taking old pokemon and reinventing them to be interesting, IMO, especially since regional forms seem to be here to stay while Mega Evolution is dead outside of GO
I liked some Mega forms, but most of the good ones, like Mawile, really should've just been a new evolution, not a temporary power-up.

Caldwin

Citizen
I absolutely love Mega Mawile's look. I totally agree they should have made it a new evolution, especially now that I have a shiny Mawile, that would have been awesome.

Top Bottom