Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I haven't gotten any shinies yet except for the ponyta (now Rapidash) that was part of that mission. I do need to listen to the jingle they make again because it's possible they've been there and I just didn't recognize it.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
i've had successful shiny hunts for sneasel, scyther, basculin, petilil, qwilfish and teddiursa so far, currently shiny hunting for rufflet and then going after a male basculin and a growlithe. also i just randomly ran into a shiny golbat without hunting.

Glitch

Citizen
A space time distortion opened and gave me the opportunity to capture a regular Sneasel, so far no ones seen another regular form for the rest so I assume this is a hint that the rest will come through an update or more Pokemon will become available through Home.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
the guy who leaked basically everything months before release recently said there'll be DLC announced in april.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
I can't seem to find any details on Effort Leveling. Like, are there limits? Can I only apply a certain number of points to any given 'mon? So far I haven't hit any restrictions, though I'm still applying them like there will inevitably be a restriction, focusing on the stats I most want improved, but it'd be great if I had a more coherent idea of what I was doing.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
it only goes up to level 10, but you can level all the stats up to 10 if you want/have enough grit items

Glitch

Citizen
My shiny hunt in Legends has been fruitless but I caught shiny Chimchar in Go while walking home from work.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
FK1sGagVUAAq7yQ.jpg

Got my first random shiny, a female Heracross from a mass outbreak.

Also caught all the Unown. It unlocks them appearing in the Solaceon Ruins, including alpha and shiny versions.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
1644095862946.png

We just "finished" this. No idea what happened to the last two pieces, but I am sure that either the kids or the cats ran off with them.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Finished the main story. Started some of the post game legendary hunting. Got wrecked. Time to level grind.
Surprisingly the Legendaries haven't given me much trouble other than Heatran.
And it was the prebattle not the battle to catch it.

Also you can get the other two starters from the professor in the post game! Debating on whether or not to replace my Alpha Empoleon with the Hisuian Samurott

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
To be fair, it wasn't so much the legendary fights themselves. (This is a MAJOR SPOILER for the post game, so DON'T CLICK unless you're SURE you want to know.)

The fight with Volo was what got me. And then the fight with Giratina right after. And then Giratina getting back up and changing into Origin Form to keep going. With no breaks to heal in between, and losing meant starting over with Volo again.

Then I over-levelled and steamrolled it. Fighting Ingo in the Training Grounds in Jubilife is worth a lot of exp.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I just defeated Avalugg and just got banished from the village...that bastard.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I can now make a full team of random ass shinies, if I include the guaranteed Ponyta.

50 hours, 5 random shinies. What IS this? Is this what you people call luck? I'm not sure I like it. Where's my crushing disappointment and misfortune?

Anyway, latest one is a Togekiss that spawned while I was flying near one of the lakes. It's not much of a difference from it's usual look, but I think I do prefer it, tbh.

Edit: Make that six random shinies and a SECOND shiny Drifloon. What the Hell.

Last edited:

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Legends of Arceus is everything SwSh's Wild Area wanted to be.

Graphics at times can be kinda.... horrendous. Pillars and trees floating a foot off the ground, grass just completely wigging out, Pokemon in the distance moving at like 2 frames per second. Eesh.

The team is... small:
AtLQSh5.jpg

It's mostly just been the starter and a revolving squad of evolving 'mons to fill out the Pokedex. Really needed some more type coverage, and Goodra happened to be the same level as Typholsion. And has a cool new form like him. And shares his weakness to Ground, so I'm gonna have to get a Water type or something.

Top Bottom