Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Hey guys! When you start getting missions on the bulletin board (very early in the game), Be sure to do "A Peculiar Ponyta."

I thought it would be about that huge lvl. 40 Alpha Ponyta, but no. You get a shiny Ponyta practically gift wrapped for you.

Paladin

Citizen
so there's a new feature called "Mass outbreaks" that replaces the Swarms from previous games. You go to one spot on a map & only one certain 'mon will appear there for a bit, respawning as well.

Got the timing right today so lo and behold- Shiny CHIMCHAR! :D

Attachments

• LAchim.jpg
    LAchim.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 50

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
It did it to me me again. Shiny up on a ridge, I managed to make it up there, just barely, and catch a shiny Tangela.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
And right on cue, Pokemon "fans" are review bombing Legends Arceus.

Imagine hating something you claim to be a fan of so much that you go out of your way to shit on anything related to it =/
update: the review bombing has been cancelled out by people who actually played the game and find it very good, lol

also: got my first shiny. she's doing the Naga laugh.
Kama.jpg

Caldwin

Citizen
My reveiw so far:

It's a bit dialogue heavy. I do wish if they were going to try and bring things a bit closer to Breath of the Wild, you might as well bring in voice acting. It's the next logical step.

But that's nit-picky. I love the story. I love battle system. I love the different ways you can avoid battle all together. Crafting Pokeballs instead of having to buy them (You can still buy them, but it's easier to just craft them) is such a welcome change.

I love how you can throw a ball at a Pokemon, before it's even caught, throw one of your Pokemon at a tree and get some crafting components...meanwhile you're still walking along your merry way.

The only complaint I think I have that's not as nit-picky...you're not finished with your Pokédex entry simply by capturing a single Pokemon. You have to battle several, catch several, battle with a certain move, catch without being noticed, see a Pokemon use a certain move, etc. etc. etc. It's very grindy.

But other than that, I'm having a blast. I'm finding it hard to put it down for long.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I think you might have to in order to get a shot at the title Monster actually. But if one thing that's irking me is all the boring town quests. And not being able to use Wyrdeer in town makes it worse. Just live with the dang Chimeco already lady!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Actually other than the Main Team building I hadn't looked at the map close enough to realize there were more points to do so. My bad.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Granted the fast travel in the village is limited to the top of the map but when do you ever go to Prelude Beach?

Ironbite-*throws more balls at Driffbloon Balloons.

Caldwin

Citizen
I am glad that with with having to catch multiples of the same Pokémon to fill the dex and complete side missions, they finally allow you to release multiple inside the game instead of having to do it through home.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I'm up to four shinies without actively hunting or trying for any. Including both a Drifloon and a Drifblim.

This is the most shinies I've ever found in a Pokemon game. It feels weird.

Paladin

Citizen
Apparently there is a bug where if you find a Cherrim and it turns into the sunshine form, it cannot be caught.

Wasted THIRTY Ultra Balls on that fucker...

Top Bottom