to:

IMG_2751.jpeg

That’s hot!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Masterforce is indeed one of two Transformers cartoons that made the best use of its human cast out of every TF cartoon.

The other one is Rescue Bots.

Okay, I tried to find a fist-bump from the show, but we'll have to make do with a handshake instead for now.

1686823758015.png

Incidentally, I've wondered for years what it would be like if Rescue Force Sigma-17 could binary bond with their partners.

Possibly because of Titans Return happening concurrently with the last season.

I just find it intriguing how you can go from this:

View attachment 14619

to:

View attachment 14620

That’s hot!
That's static electricity.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Incidentally, I've wondered for years what it would be like if Rescue Force Sigma-17 could binary bond with their partners.

Rescue Bots is for little kids. This would disturb, scare, and confuse them.

I don’t have any compulsion to watch Rescue Bots because I believe without Decepticons, Tranformers is pointless and dry.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
You underestimate little kids. *gestures to teletubbies* Also, Zombie Optimus in the end of Dark Awakening(with the way bits of him were falling off) was more disturbing than Headmasters in Rebirth, which is how I assume binary bonding would be used, as there's no need for Targetmasters, and Powermasters wouldn't properly display the partnership that Rescue Bots expresses... though it would be the second most likely. Godmasters wouldn't work because the transtectors don't have personalities of their own(and by the time they do, they don't need their partner anymore) and Brainmasters are effectively Cybertronian Godmasters if you think about how they work.

Oh, and one other example of binary bonding that kids have watched with no problem: Digimon had an entire season/series where the Digimon and the kid combined.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kids don't know what's weird until they acquire a few reference points. I could see Rescue Bots' audience accept binary bonding without question.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And we just got what was practically a new binary-bonding sequence in the recently released Rise of the Beasts movie seen by so many kids.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I think American Transformers fans and audiences prefer humans to be more in the background as tertiary characters like this:

I think you’d lose them if you went too sci-fi, like what happened in the 80’s

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Housewife to the ambassador/liason with the first major alien power Earth has made First Contact and diplomatic relations with - that probably got them in the history books regardless!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rescue Bots is for little kids. This would disturb, scare, and confuse them.

I don’t have any compulsion to watch Rescue Bots because I believe without Decepticons, Tranformers is pointless and dry.
Joke's on you -- there are Decepticons in the series!

That aside, your loss. I think Transformers has the potential to be more than just the same story of two factions of robotic alien life forms shooting at each other ad nauseum. Rescue Bots is one of my favorites on account of how fresh and different it is, while still being very respectful of the property around it.

Lobjob

Citizen
You'd think the varying master technologies would be perfect for a live action film.

It would emphasize the strengths and diminish the weaknesses of the series.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I felt this g1 would have been a better rise of the beasts:

Marisa Fairborne played her part well as the human character.

You don’t get Sky Lynx and the Predacons/Predaking anywhere else really except G1.

The Beast Wars and Transformers Prime Predacons sucked compared to what G1 gave us.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
It should be noted that these are also G1 Predacons....

I need to get around to reading Dreamwave’s “War Within”. It would be nice if Comic Books had an Audible where you could follow along with the pictures and have the comic read to you.

That said, from what I’ve read of Dreamwave I liked it. The issues were very dense, a lot going on, almost like they were packing in a lot of story into each one.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Just what you'd expect from the superstar artist, Pat Lee.

I wonder what happened to him. You could see he loved and cared about G1 Transformers in his artwork. He did assemble one of the best Transformers comic book teams, including Simon Furman and Guido Guidi. Pat Lee can be credited with reviving Transformers.

Top Bottom