G1 Transformers Size, Power, and Mass

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I wonder what happened to him. You could see he loved and cared about G1 Transformers in his artwork. He did assemble one of the best Transformers comic book teams, including Simon Furman and Guido Guidi. Pat Lee can be credited with reviving Transformers.
Transformers wasn't dead!

Couldn't someone just... pay them now?
I wouldn't be surprised if the contracts from the Dreamwave days are like long gone now tbh and there's probably other legal stuff too or whatever.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just pay everyone and don't worry about precisely sorting it out. If it means some guy ends up getting paid a second time for an issue, who cares.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Couldn't someone just... pay them now?

Looking up Pat Lee bio on Wikiepida, he evenly paid those people though a refund thing he setup and that was back in 2015, but it doesn't say what he up to right now in terms of employment!

I guess, greed over came this guy, back in the day!

As for present day with IDW, I believe IDW is not in great shape financally and Hasbro likely wanted to avoid another mess like Dreamwave, which is why they ended their partnership and gave the license to Image, but that merely speculation upon my part when it comes to comics!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd think the main thing would be getting the scripts, or even having new ones produced which pick up where the old left off. You can get new artwork. Heck, for some of it, I think the scripts were all that was made.

Problem is, the availability of reprints of what was released. It's been 20 years, give or take; I don't know how well a continuation would do, especially when it was cut off in mid-story like that (versus something like RG1), without being able to reference the previous material.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I think I read some of Regeneration One. I don’t remember, which usually means I did not like what they did with the G1 Transformers story. Maybe if they would have brought back Circuit Breaker, instead of replacing her with whoever that was, I might have liked it better.

Regardless of the quality, I didn’t see the point of it. The G1 Marvel Comics ended things in the best place, Generation 2 continued the story nicely even tying it in with Marvel’s G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series.

Regeneration One seemed like it ignored all of that, exploring and expanding into characters and stories most Transformers fans don’t really care about or are interested in, like killing off G1 Optimus Prime yet again and passing leadership to Rodimus Prime.

Regeneration One was an abortion. It did not respect the source material, and probably should not have been made. The only purpose it served was to feed Simon Furman’s ego at a point where he was way past his prime.

Furman needs to retire his jersey. He needs to get off the stage and bow out gracefully. He’s like a boxer that stayed in the ring too long or a singer who stayed on the stage long after losing his voice.

Those who actually like Regeneration One have drunk the Simon Furman fanboy cool-aid, in my opinion.

Blot

Citizen
I think I read some of Regeneration One. I don’t remember, which usually means I did not like what they did with the G1 Transformers story. Maybe if they would have brought back Circuit Breaker, instead of replacing her with whoever that was, I might have liked it better.

Regardless of the quality, I didn’t see the point of it. The G1 Marvel Comics ended things in the best place, Generation 2 continued the story nicely even tying it in with Marvel’s G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series.

Regeneration One seemed like it ignored all of that, exploring and expanding into characters and stories most Transformers fans don’t really care about or are interested in, like killing off G1 Optimus Prime yet again and passing leadership to Rodimus Prime.

Regeneration One was an abortion. It did not respect the source material, and probably should not have been made. The only purpose it served was to feed Simon Furman’s ego at a point where he was way past his prime.

Furman needs to retire his jersey. He needs to get off the stage and bow out gracefully. He’s like a boxer that stayed in the ring too long or a singer who stayed on the stage long after losing his voice.

Those who actually like Regeneration One have drunk the Simon Furman fanboy cool-aid, in my opinion.

Terrible take. As someone so eloquently put it,
Bob Budiansky and Simon Furman laid the foundation and all of the ground work for the history and lore of the G1 Transformers Universe. Budiansky and Furman are the most important people to ever work on Transformers.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Maybe it wasn’t that bad. The Orignal G1 Marvel comics ended after having gotten really weird for my taste, with characters I was not familiar with since they were not in the g1 cartoon. Regeneration One was just continuing with that.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The Headmasters came from Planet Master in the Headmasters cartoon.

Is there a connection with Masterforce? Didn’t the Pretenders in Masterforce also come from Planet Master?

How did they bridge Headmasters with Masterforce? I thought they mentioned something at the end of the Headmasters cartoon that foreshadowed, portended the coming of the Pretenders from planet Master and linked it to Masterforce.

Also, did Rodimus Prime ever find a new planet to replace Cybertron which got blown up?

Were the Headmasters ever even mentioned in Masterforce (eg. what happened to Fortress Maximus, Chromedome, etc.) and if they all came from the same planet Master?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The Headmasters came from Planet Master in the Headmasters cartoon.

Is there a connection with Masterforce?
Yes. The technology that was used in Masterforce to turn humans into Headmaster Juniors and Godmasters was created on Planet Master and sent to Earth.

Didn’t the Pretenders in Masterforce also come from Planet Master?
No. The Pretenders came from Cybertron to Earth back during the Stone Age. They remained hidden on Earth during all the time of the G1 cartoon and The Headmasters cartoon, not revealing themselves until the year 2020 in Masterforce.

Also, did Rodimus Prime ever find a new planet to replace Cybertron which got blown up?
Yes. He found Planet Micro, which became the home planet of the Micromasters.

Although, Cybertron was all rebuilt by the year 2021, ten years after The Headmasters and one year after Masterforce.

Were the Headmasters ever even mentioned in Masterforce
Yes. Chromedome was mentioned and seen briefly in the third episode.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Plus Grand Max being the little brother of Fortress Maximus, who I think sent him to Earth?

And of course, Black Zarak being a new transtector for Zarak.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I don’t think these guys ever appeared in any media:

I heard that Optimus Prime got rebuilt as an Action Master by Primus at the end of the G1 Marvel Comics run. That’s the only place I believe they appear.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pretty much.

I mean, several were revived by Nucleon, effectively making the whole lot of them "Action Masters," but Grimlock was the only one unable to transform after; it affected each one in different ways.

Those given the treatment included the other Dinobots, Prowl, Skids, Ironhide, Sunstreaker, Blaster, Wheeljack, Ratchet, and Megatron. Hi-Q tapped into Grimlock's source as he was changing, which made the new Optimus Prime an Action Master as well. Several characters who were part of the Action Masters toyline appeared as well, but weren't given the Nucleon, like Krok and Rollout.

Since some/most who were given the Nucleon are shown to be able to transform (to say nothing of the existence of Action Master Elites), I think OP in ReGeneration One is technically an Action Master as well. While the colors are different in spots (and I mean, come on... paint. And some versions of AM Prime are colored more like this, besides, so Easter Egg?), the look of the body seems pretty similar to what he had in #80.

The result seems to be sort of like a first-version/AM hybrid, which kinda makes some sense, given that Action Masters were supposed to be more cartoon-accurate representations anyway, right?

All of which is to say: Yeah, they got their spotlight, of a sort, but exclusively in the Marvel comics from 76-80 and ReGeneration One.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
All of which is to say: Yeah, they got their spotlight, of a sort, but exclusively in the Marvel comics from 76-80 and ReGeneration One.
What was a little bit of a welcome surprise (as the Action Masters subline was frequently blamed for putting Transformers in a two-year coma in the North American market) was IDW-2005-G1 revisiting the idea in the form of the "Militant Monoform Movement" (Cybertronians rebelling against the dictates of "your altmode determines your social standing" that Functionism was spreading in pre-Great-War society by removing their transformation cogs). We learn that Krok had been a part of that group prior to his joining the Decepticons. I don't know if such a backstory could retroactively apply to other versions of the character, but it would explain why we never see him change into anything despite not having a chance to get exposed to the official Action Master-making Macguffin in any of his fiction appearances (save, perhaps, the commercial animation).

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Was Marvel’s G2 Transformers ignored in Regeneration One? I heard Regeration One jumps 21 years into the future from where the G1 Marvel Comic left off.

Where do the events of Marvel’s G2 comic fit in.

If Furman totally ignored the G2 continuity, that would be a d#ck move.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Was Marvel’s G2 Transformers ignored in Regeneration One?
Yes. The point of Regeneration One was to continue from where Marvel G1 left off at Issue #80 and act as if it never ended and never had to come back as Generation 2, hence the first two issues of Regeneration One being Issue #80.5 and #81.

Regeneration One serves as a replacement for Marvel G2. Furman deliberately overwrote his own work with new material, complete with an all-new take on Jhiaxus and his empire.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Flints Dille confirmed the 1986 Animated movie destroyed the G1 Transformers franchise:

Hasbro did not know what they had, so they created a movie that dropped a sh@t bomb on it instead of building it up.

Top Bottom