G1 Transformers Size, Power, and Mass

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen

Yes, but his Rocket needs to be bigger, much bigger, and the other Transformers smaller, much smaller. Somehow his armor, body, tank, track, boosters, etc. need to be integrated with his rocket to make it wider, maybe make it into the Ark, so that it can truly be the Autobot’s headquarters. It needs to be able to fit all the G1 Autobots like the USS Flagg can fit all the G.I. Joes.

Here’s a starting point:

08DAE0B1-3371-4723-B96B-5391FE4011E0.jpeg

70AFE4AC-9230-4E3B-8AFC-CCD064915038.jpeg

IMG_2171.png

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
G1 Megatron was one of the most realistic, well-engineered of the G1 figures:

He was made with a lot of metal and chrome which are superior to plastic.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
That would be cool! I always thought someone should make power effects or attachments to fit onto the Power Suits to give Courageous or Grungy powers based on the Gobots inside. (Such as a drill hand for Screwhead, or force field for Leader-1, or rotor blades for Coptur, etc). The other thing that would be cool is if someone recreated the arm armor that was part of the original Machine Robo power suit prototypes.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I never watched the GoBots cartoon or the movie.

I just always figured it was not as good as G1 Transformers, and it looked like it was for little kids.

Haywire

Citizen
Gobots was older Hanna Barbera animation, while Transformers Toei animation was newer and more dynamic. The stories themselves were often written by the same people, and Gobots was really no more or less childish than Transformers.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
GoBots had a five-part pilot episode, and it was way better than Transformers's three-part pilot episode.

The bad guys actually win halfway through with a very competent plan, with the good guys forced to go on the run and just barely coming out on top in the very end with a great triumphant comeback.

GoBots also had Matt Hunter, the greatest human character who ever served as an ally to heroic robot characters.

And GoBots had Cy-Kill, who was way more entertaining as a villain than Megatron ever was. He even respected his subordinates where Megatron mostly just insulted his.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Isn’t GoBots a dead franchise?

There hasn’t been any new cartoon or media since that 80’s cartoon.

Also, I think the GoBots toy line died with the cartoon in the 80’s.

GoBots was totally overshadowed by Transformers, so it never gained enough of a following and fan base to support another toy line (ie. not enough subscribers or enough demand to make it to retail).

Haywire

Citizen
IDW published a Hasbro-approved Gobots comic just a few years ago. (And Gobots got mentioned in the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special). And Crasher and Road Ranger have both recently received new figures in Transformers lines (not the first Gobots references in Transformers, either, just the most recent). And the original Machine Robo toyline that Gobots toys were born from has had Machine Robo Rescue, Mugenbine, and most recently, Unitroborn, to carry on the toyline torch. So, no, Gobots is not as dead as you might think.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Isn’t GoBots a dead franchise?

There hasn’t been any new cartoon or media since that 80’s cartoon.
False. There was a brand new GoBots comic book series published just five years ago. It was very well received.

IDWGoBots1-cvrA.jpg

And there were new Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos toys released in Japan just a few years ago, one of which was a Bike Robo toy that had special alternate faces based on Cy-Kill's cartoon face that allowed one to turn that Bike Robo toy into Cy-Kill.

Bike_Robo_MRDX-01_toy.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am still waiting for the GoBots combiners to get modern redos. I would have to find a way to afford those. Combiners should not need a pile of extra pieces and I will die on this hill. Puzzler and Monstrous got it right but Transformers is still struggling to get there.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish I'd been able to grab the GoBots comic, but when I went to look for it on ComiXology, it was gone -- well before IDW lost the Transformers license.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
How does Hasbro allow these knockoffs that are identical to the original g1 toys to exist:

How does Hasbro allow those 3rd-party Transformers to exist?

Top Bottom