G1 Transformers Size, Power, and Mass

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
The truck was being built to be a new body for Prime before Devil Z stole it, according to one of the recap episodes. (This is why it looks like him even though it isn't him.) And it doesn't have a Pretender inside, it's just a human inside the suit in full control, similar to the Headmasters, since Optimus never got it.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The truck was being built to be a new body for Prime before Devil Z stole it, according to one of the recap episodes. (This is why it looks like him even though it isn't him.) And it doesn't have a Pretender inside, it's just a human inside the suit in full control, similar to the Headmasters, since Optimus never got it.

I heard Masterforce was about Pretenders.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The truck was being built to be a new body for Prime before Devil Z stole it, according to one of the recap episodes. (This is why it looks like him even though it isn't him.)
And Japanese TF media has since doubled down on that origin being the true one, with the original one told by Devil Z in the series (that the Godmaster Transtectors were all originally one entity that split off into components when they were first brought to Earth) being sort of a mixture of lies and half-truths.

But the funny thing about that "true" origin story is that it makes no sense with the timeframe of Optimus's then-most recent death in The Headmasters, which occurred in 2011. The construction and theft of the Transtectors took place in the ancient past, at a point when Optimus would have been very much alive, just sleeping aboard the Ark for four million years. The recap episode also said it was designed to bond with a warrior from the planet Master to let the body become "Super Convoy", but Cybertron and Master didn't regain contact with each other until 2011, long after the point when the body was first built and stolen by Devil so long ago.

Last edited:

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
But the funny thing about that "true" origin story is that it makes no sense with the timeframe of Optimus's then-most recent death in The Headmasters, which occurred in 2011. The construction and theft of the Transtectors took place in the ancient past, at a point when Optimus would have been very much alive, just sleeping aboard the Ark....(snip)
"Forget it, Sabr.... it's Toei-G1."
SmartSelect_20220108-223715_YouTube.jpg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The Headmaster Jrs in-series seem to be a semi-current development. Couldn't Devil-Z have stolen the Godmaster Transtectors from a "current" time period, and transwarped back in time to hide them on earth? Maybe to get them to soak up as much earth chokon power as possible while Z found or cultivated receptive units to bond with them?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The Headmaster Jrs in-series seem to be a semi-current development. Couldn't Devil-Z have stolen the Godmaster Transtectors from a "current" time period, and transwarped back in time to hide them on earth? Maybe to get them to soak up as much earth chokon power as possible while Z found or cultivated receptive units to bond with them?

The Headmasters Jrs were built on Earth by the Autobots with plans provided by Chrome Dome I believe, thou I expect the whole chokon power didn't exist at the time of writing the script and by the time they added it in, it was to late to go back and alter the earlier scripts as animating had likely begun and the scripts locked for the voice work

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
It’s very surprising to me why the Japanese would not continue from “Rebirth” considering their affinity for human-piloted and controlled mecha over sentient little robots.

All of the toys we got from them had cockpits, so “Rebirth” was tailor-made for them to build off of. Mecha was always their bread and butter, not sentient robots.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It’s very surprising to me why the Japanese would not continue from “Rebirth” considering their affinity for human-piloted and controlled mecha over sentient little robots.

All of the toys we got from them had cockpits, so “Rebirth” was tailor-made for them to build off of. Mecha was always their bread and butter, not sentient robots.
The first of the Japanese-made G1 cartoons, The Headmasters, was made and began airing in Japan months before The Rebirth first premiered in the West.

They knew ahead of time that The Rebirth was only going to be three episodes, and so they got started making their own show long before The Rebirth was released.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
and the massiveness of G1 Omega Supreme:
I think he might have been a little TOO big there. At least, as far as his role as a countermeasure to Devastator is concerned. Guess that's why they had Superion fight him instead.
Optimus didn't come back to life, that is God Grini, who was a human to start with, then he found the bracelets inside of the cab of his truck, putting them on, enabled him to become the enegine of the truck and it transforms into a robot, later in the series (Masterforce) he gains the first trailer and becomes Super Grini and with God Bomber (second trailer) he becomes God Grini, at the end of the series, the humans are spilt from their robot partners indefinely and the robots take on their personalites, yet live as Cybertronians, this what transspired in Masterforce, in Victory God Grini is a back ground character for the first half of the show, but later reappears to aid Star Saber, Grini is the Surperme commander of sector two while Star Saber is the Surpeme Commander of sector one and overall commander of the Autobot forces, the show makes no mention of Rodimus or what happened to Fort Max, thou its presumed planet Micron became the new home of the Autobots after Cybertron was destoryed in Headmasters, anyway, with Grini, he kind of shares the same thing as Optimus, AKA noble death, he gets badly injuried in battle that despite all of their advanced medical techonlgy, they cannot heal his body and he would have to remain stuck in a iron coffin unable to do anything but talk, but then taking a idea from the doctor, he under goes a opperation that transforms him completely into another character who not a truck and then becomes a main character for the rest of the show! Effectively, what I believe is in Victory time preiod, Star Saber is the miltray surpeme commander while someone else is the political leader but they aren't shown as the Decepticons are pretty much scattered with a bunch of leaders doing whatever they please with their underlings!

..."Grini"?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That would work, if Devil Zed himself wasn't also an already ancient dude.

Legends gave him a proper origin story (one which I really like since it totally jibes with the G1 cartoon's lore as originally presented, and definitely feels like something the writers of Masterforce could have written into the show way back in the 1980s) in that he was created from evil energy that had been built up inside the Matrix back when the Quintessons owned it during their original rule of Cybertron, with said energy being released from the Matrix and dumped out into space by the Cybertronians when they took possession of the Matrix during their revolt against the Quints. This discarded evil Matrix energy became Devil Zed.

The slave rebellion against the Quintessons occurred 11 million years in the past, so it was around that time that Devil Zed was born (or at least began his birthing process, we don't exactly know how long it took the released energy to coalesce into his being, but surely it didn't take a whole 11 million years to do so).

Although, here's a thought that crossed my mind. When Optimus and the rest of the Ark crew were taking their 4-million-year nap on Earth, perhaps the Transtector body was built during that time because it was merely believed that Optimus Prime was dead. He and his crew all disappeared from Cybertron for a very long time, so he could have very well been thought dead back on Cybertron, and thus the new body might have been built in the G Nebula 89 with the hopes of trying to resurrect him somehow, with whoever was in charge of the body's construction unaware that Optimus was actually still alive out there there in the universe, just in a deep sleep on some backwater planet called Earth.

And after thinking of that, I decided to double-check what was specifically said in the clip show itself, and now I realize that at no point is the idea of resurrecting a deceased Optimus with this body ever actually brought up:

Shuta: "Oh yeah by the way, why do Convoy and Ginrai look alike? Tell me about it! Tell me!"​
Grand: "Okay, okay. A new Transtector for Convoy was among the Transtectors stolen by Devil Z. Ginrai 'God On'-ed it, and that's why they look alike."​
Shuta: "A hero from Planet Master was supposed to combine with the trailer to become Super Convoy, right?"​
Grand: "That's right. But because a human 'God On'-ed it, instead the Cybertrons gained ten times the power."​

So the whole "resurrection" thing was just an assumption we fans have had for all this time. Go figure.

I guess the Transtector body was merely created to be an upgrade for Optimus, with its creator possibly hoping to re-establish contact between Cybertron and Master sooner than later, given the notion of "A hero from Planet Master" meant to be added to the equation as well, sounding more like the Western Powermaster version of the gimmick than the Japanese Godmaster version. It's just that Optimus happened to go missing well before the completion of the body's construction. Whoops.

Funnily enough, Takara did put out that Nucleon Quest Super Convoy toy that was marketed in Japan as a Powermaster rather than a Godmaster, and which did use the "Super Convoy" name, almost as though that toy was meant to be the long-awaited realization of what Grand and Shuta said was the original intent of Ginrai's Transtector.

Last edited:

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Okay, I calmed Sayori down.
So you're saying Devil Z is a variant of this critter?
AllFallDown-Thunderwingpossessed.jpg

Now, that cryptic hint you gave when I mentioned Devil Z and "Violent Jogger" (😉) a while back makes sense.
Best if you put the connections on TFWiki, though, if I try I suspect it'll just get auto-reverted. (I was having a run of things staying up, or getting built on, but that changed recently. My inquiry as to what prompted the newly vigorous scrutiny went unanswered, so.... *shrugs*)

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I wish we could have seen what Dreamwave could have done with G1 Omega Supreme’s defense base mode:

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1924.jpeg

IMG_1925.jpeg

IMG_1926.jpeg

IMG_1927.jpeg

IMG_1931.jpeg

IMG_1932.jpeg

Dreamwave drew G1 Omega Supreme beautifully, massively in robot mode.

Top Bottom