Disney animation and related media

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Rumor is the final Owl House episode will air April 8 on the Disney Channel.

I'm going to miss this show. And I can't believe I missed what the "secret message" in the first letters of this season were. Obvious, in hindsight, but heartwarming.
Thanks to them
For the future
Watching and dreaming

Aaaaaah, that's cool :)

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Aw man! Ive wanted a photo with Pete for forever. But why Disneyland?! Ive got a trip to Magic Kingdom in 2 weeks.

I GUESS I'll just have to settle for that new Tron ride. If I HAVE to.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
0BD208B7-158C-4871-BACA-6EB595110CED.jpeg

-ZacWilliam, Why not both?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
That also makes Pete now the oldest character to appear in any Disney park. I thought he was a holdover from the Oswald era, but I looked it up just now and it turns out he's even older than that, having actually debuted in one of the Alice shorts (which explains why Walt never lost the rights to him...I guess).

I was also prompted to look up what's been happening with Toontown that caused the whole area to be closed down, because Disney almost never does that unless they're getting rid of the land entirely in favor of a brand new one. Surprisingly less than I thought; the two main rides are reopening with the original themes intact even though they're based on a movie Disney stopped promoting ages ago and a show that went off the air in the '90s. They are getting a clone of Runaway Railway, though, which is unsurprising but personally I'm kind of sick of them pushing the Paul Rudish version of Mickey into the spotlight. He especially doesn't mesh well with a park that also contains the modern version of Mickey as a mascot.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Well Owl House is over. Feels cut for a lot to me, since Collector's arc could have gone on longer.

Reminds me of Puppetmon from Digimon 01, which I think is probably a huge influence on his creation, I bet. Dang, Puppetmon / Pinocchiomon's eps bothered me a lot when I watched it the first time so seeing Collector semi bothered me too.

Stuff that I thought would get more explanations didn't get them so that bites. But maybe the past eps were enough. But c'moooon, I wanted to see more of the Coven Heads in action again.

Of the three magical girl shows of Disney, I would say Star Vs was the grandest with the most ambition. Amphibia was the most complete and the funniest. Owl House shined at parts but, I dunno, I cared least about the characters to the point that I forget their names. Else there were too many.@

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The last episode's up officially on Disney Channel's youtube:
(Seriously, Disney, you shrink the credits at the last minute HERE TOO?! Ugh...)

As well as a special video thanking the fans. I'd say to watch it after the final episode itself, since it has a couple scenes from the finale in it.

It does feel like a reflection of the Amphibia finale in a lot of ways. Especially everyone's final fates.

I LOVE the Kaiju-inspired fight between Belos, King, and Eda. Things got DARK there for a minute.

I didn't really expect Luz's final form to be so horror/gothic inspired, but it makes sense. It almost looks like she fused with King. And I imagine that might've been the original idea.

I appreciate the callbacks to the opening of the first episode. "Now eat this SUCKA!"

Belos trying to fake out Luz as she just...stares at him decomposing is HAUNTING. Not sure why the rain does that to him, but...eh, it was cool.

I imagine everyone stomping Belos is kind of a parody of Voldemort's death in Harry Potter.

Hunter and Willow are basically CONFIRMED as a couple. That's just cute, and I approve. And Willow gets BUFF!

King having his OWN magic-glyph language for Luz to figure out is a nice touch.

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get answers to some long-running lore mysteries. Like what the owl-curse actually was. Or where the other Titans got sealed. Or where OUR Titan's soul went off to. Or why Titans are so powerful. Or the Bat-Queen being...SOMEONE'S Palisman. Or...what Hooty is. But, they don't really NEED explaining, I guess. I would have liked if they could have worked it in, though. That's something for a guidebook, I guess. They were a little short on time, anyway.

I DO appreciate the nod to "Look Hooo's Talking" Owl House's postshow from the first half of the first season in the "Thank You" video, though. It's easy to forget that little thing. They actually pointed out Raine in Eda's scrapbook LONG before Raine ever showed up.
But, yeah, this was a good finale. I'm sad to see it go. I'll miss this show.

And here's a little extra. to lighten the mood.
You'll be surprised who shows up.

Last edited:

Dvandom

Citizen
Huh, I thought the Thank You Video was an extended opening credits sequence for the finale, since it was showed at the start of the scheduled timeslot for the finale.

---Dave

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
It was. It played before the actual premiere of the finale on Disney Channel. But, like I said, it does have a couple of scenes from the finale in it, so I just recommend waiting until after watching the finale to watch the Thank You video. Just to keep the surprises intact.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I forget but how did Eda lose her arm again?

And did they explain how she can be decapitated and can put herself back together? I really hated that ability right from the first ep.

And there was no origin for Hooty, right? There's a bunch of stuff that aren't tied to the final arc that won't be addressed anymore.

Like the Owl curse was never cured. But with the curse being shared between sisters, would it be some sort of parallel to a genetic disorder or sickness that people have to live with? Was that a statement?

Still disappointed that we didn't get a clear cut explanation on Hunter and Belos's relationship, or closure to it. Who was the mother and all that.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I forget but how did Eda lose her arm again?
During the Day of Unity. She had been branded with a coven sigil to infiltrate the ceremony (disguised as Raine), but then things went pear-shaped. Raine severed her arm to stop her from being drained.

And there was no origin for Hooty, right? There's a bunch of stuff that aren't tied to the final arc that won't be addressed anymore.
I'm more curious why Titan had a Hootie in one of his eyes.
I feel like these two kinda answer each other: whatever Hooty is, he is/was connected to the Titan.

I mean, we don't really need to know where Hooty comes from. I feel like "sometimes weird things/people are just there" is a valuable life lesson.[/quote][/QUOTE]

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
And did they explain how she can be decapitated and can put herself back together? I really hated that ability right from the first ep.
At the time, I thought it was because of the Owl Curse, but I don't think that really fits anymore, so...

Okay, being serious...the Owl House was always just "okay" with it's world-building. Some parts are really well thought out and fleshed out...and other parts were clearly just there because the crew was having fun. And that's fine, because the characters were SO well done. But, like I said in my spoilers, they did leave a lot of things up to "interpretation".

Still disappointed that we didn't get a clear cut explanation on Hunter and Belos's relationship, or closure to it. Who was the mother and all that.

Well, Hunter's a clone of Belos' brother Caleb. I...guess because Belos just had some lingering affection for his brother and this was his attempt to "save" him from his "corruption". I did think Caleb's wife Evelyn or his descendants might end up playing a bigger part in the story, though. And, yeah, it would've been nice if Hunter got a chance to stomp on Belos at the end, too.

Like the Owl curse was never cured. But with the curse being shared between sisters, would it be some sort of parallel to a genetic disorder or sickness that people have to live with? Was that a statement?
I feel like the creators REALLY want the Owl Curse to be a metaphor for some disability. Any and all disability, whether it's mental or physical. It's not something you can "fix" just live with and learn to accept about yourself.

....The problem being this IS NOT what it started out as. I'm pretty sure they changed their minds about what they wanted to do with the curse halfway through the show. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just comes across that way.

The biggest thing on my mind is...why a owl? But that kind of dovetails into...

I'm more curious why Titan had a Hootie in one of his eyes.

My headcanon is that Hooty is basically a friendly cosmic parasite. Think along the lines of... Fry's gut worms from that gas-station egg-salad sandwich which makes him smarter in the Futurama episode "Parasites Lost". Or maybe, Odin giving up his eye for knowledge in Norse Mythology. I think it's something like that. Hooty was probably connected to, but distinct from, the Titan. They kept calling King's species a "dog", maybe this is some sort of symbiotic ringworm or something.

But, Hooty is probably why owls are so important in the show. One way or another. When you're attached to the Titans which are most powerful beings in existence, even more powerful than The Archivists/Collectors, you probably end up with some crazy powers yourself. Hooty's probably depowered since his host was only mostly dead.

Symbolically....both Owls and Dogs are sometimes associated with the underworld in mythology. And given the horror-bent this show has...maybe that's the connection?

It's also worth noting the Titans skull-heads and Hooty's long appearance mirroring a snake of sorts. A snake winding it's way through a bull's skull is actually a fairly common tattoo. And it actually has some basis in mythology.

All this being said, it leads us to believe this tattoo has a double meaning. In one sense, these symbols combined in a tattoo represent death and decay. Passing through this world and onto the next journey. However, we also believe it goes back to the skull meaning and being aware of our mortality and making the most of the time we have on this Earth.

In many cultures the world over, snakes are symbols of more than just rebirth, but also great wisdom/awakening (kundalini) - believed to be a creature that could traverse the underworld just as easily as the world of the living. In addition to this, we see mythologies worldwide with stories of the serpent who encompassed the earth...As for the bull, the horn symbolism is most significant, as it was a representation of enlightened consciousness. Much like the halos depicted on the images of Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, and many others, the horns were seen as evidence of enlightenment or divinity. In the Hebrew language (which has striking similarities with many proto-Indo-European languages, despite being classified as a Semitic language) the word for horn - qeren (קרנ) is often used allegorically to indicate great power of divinity or wisdom.

So, it's possible the Titans are actually some sort of chimeras, combining aspects of Dogs, Owls, Bulls, and Snakes and probably other animals. Most of which can be traced back to some mythological tie to the underworld and magic. If the Titans represent "death" then I guess Hooty represents...rebirth? I'm reaching pretty far, here.

It's possible they wanted to leave some of this stuff open to explore in a possible sequel. Crazier things have happened. Disney's bringing back Phineas and Ferb. The crew might have some small hope that Disney pulls a Steven Universe and orders a epilogue mini-series or three.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Evelyn the wife was named? I don't remember this.

I know Futurama Parasite Lost! Hehe. Since I assumed the show is named Owl House because of Hooty, I like the idea that Hooty is directly tied to the Titan.

When King's egg was found, was Hooty already around? I like the idea that possibly the tiny Hooty coming from Titan Dad's eye is linked to Owl House Hooty. Cuz the Dad is keeping an eye out for his son.

Top Bottom