Disney animation and related media

Shadewing

Citizen
HOWEVER, in the 2021 English-translated release of the movie's French graphic novel adaptation, certain bits of extra continuity with Goof Troop were deliberately added to the English translation's dialogue (which were not in the comic's original French version), such as in this line by Goofy in Panel 3 of this page, which suggests that modern Disney wants us to believe that Pete and Peg are still married during the movie:

View attachment 11050:

Honestly I feel those two lines should have been in the movie, they're simple, don't change anything and still feel like natural conversation rather shoved in to explain something.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Strange World is out. Is it any good? I'd watch it (to show support) but after I was massively disappointed with Lightyear, I'm wary. (Yes, I know Pixar isn't Disney. And Disney did pretty well with Encanto).

Also insert Benedict Cumberbatch reference.
The family and I watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good. Doesn't break any kind of new ground, but it was a solid adventure with a likeable cast. More likeable than what I saw of Lightyear back in the summer.

It didn't deserve to be a flop. Disney's lack of promotion did it a huge disservice.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh I saw it on Disney Plus too, finally. The strange World was very Cobra La (lalalalala!). I wonder what Pando is suppose to be, really.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Pando seemed to be a blend of cancer, tumour, and virus. But it's odd that it all shared a central point. Did it start in "Avalonia's" heart and work it's way up? But then, how did the new Pando crops know to all head in the same direction. Maybe it's best not to think about it too hard. Ha ha ha!

It was interesting to see the mythology of Turtle Island brought to life here, too.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Actually, I was a bit disappointed in the mythology reveal, since I saw it in Pratchett and Avatar. It could have been something else, for the sake of something new.

Btw, where was all the light coming from? Since they were inside?

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Actually, I was a bit disappointed in the mythology reveal, since I saw it in Pratchett and Avatar. It could have been something else, for the sake of something new.
I guess it helped that I never saw either. 😅

Btw, where was all the light coming from? Since they were inside?
That's....a good question, really. The best guess is that pretty much everything there is bio-luminescent?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Just a heads up, the next episode of the Owl House "For the Future" has leaked online. So, either beware of spoilers or seek them out at your own discretion. The episode officially airs on January 21.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I...assume eventually? Probably either on or after that January 21st premiere. I can't find much information on that.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
iTunes listed it early, like the last episode of the second season of Amphibia. At least in that case it made sense as the air date changed. With The Owl House it doesn't make sense.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
MOM! Phineas and Ferb are getting another two seasons!

This is a little bit of surprise, even though they've been putting out specials here and there since it ended. Hopefully, they can recapture the magic the show had.

The article also mentions Hamster and Gretel is getting another season, so Disney's just going all in on these guys.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That is awesome. Although it makes me wish dearly that Milo Murphy were getting more episodes too. It was just as good as P and F and sometimes even better. As with P&F my family has watched every episode about a zillion times.

-ZacWilliam, maybe they'll at least get cameos.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Scary thoughts involving last nights Owl House Movie.

I think I know why the Boiling Aisles are... Boiling.

In the bedtime story the Collector had King read to him, there was a section he scribbled out. To those who didn't pause it...

"But should they meddle in our affairs,
We'll clean the Planet and burn their air"

I think that the collectors already Nuked the Demon Realm. King's father sealed up the child and they went full Fubar in retaliation.
That's why the boiling aisles are a titan's carcass. That's why their oceans are constantly boiling. They are what evolved following a mass extinction event caused by a cosmic tantrum!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Disney officially put up the full episode on Youtube again.
(Disney, why are you shrinking the credits on Youtube? You don't have to do it this way. WHY?!)

Yeah, it definitely seems implied that the other Collectors are what killed the Titans. I'm not 100% on if they sealed the kid THEN got nuked or the Collectors nuked the planet THEN the only Titan left sealed the kid away, though. There's probably a reason why this kid hates their "parents". Our Collector probably saw their "parents" destroy all the toys they were playing with.

I can't help but feel like kid-Collector is actually a metaphor for Disney Executives, at least in some ways. The Collector likes everything sparkly and bright (and "Wish Upon a Star" themed). And The Collector is literally turning characters into toys (like most executives WANT to do with their cartoons for more money). And the Collector's version of Luz's adventures strike me as...much "simpler" and "kid friendly". And I can't see the Collector's Castle as anything other than a Disney Princess tiara. I don't know, it's almost too sympathetic for how much friction there's been between Disney and the creators of this show, but maybe part of them still sympathizes with their bosses?

And Luz's Palisman finally hatched. I'm not sure if the Snake-Shifter is clever, or if it's trying too hard to be something EVERYONE could like. I don't hate it. It's cute.

It feels...a LITTLE contrived that the Collector can't "sense" Belos in the Raine-doll, given how powerful that character is. But...I guess otherwise the plot wouldn't happen.

But, this episode felt like mostly setup for the last episode. Nothing wrong with that, and it's nice to see some of these side-characters again, but it doesn't hit as hard as the first special did, in my opinion.

So, I guess we'll just have to wait for the third special...however long that takes. It was three months between the last one and this one. So...hopefully, we'll get to see the final episode around April?

Last edited:

Dvandom

Citizen
Yeah, credits shrunk on YouTube, shrunk even worse on cable. I suppose wait until it eventually shows up on Disney+?

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it. I like the Collector. He hasn't killed anyone yet, has he?

The whole subplot with the kids being ruled badly was bleh. They really needed to focus on what's worse. But whatever.

I thought it would be an inanimate thing.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Rumor is the final Owl House episode will air April 8 on the Disney Channel.

I'm going to miss this show. And I can't believe I missed what the "secret message" in the first letters of this season were. Obvious, in hindsight, but heartwarming.

Top Bottom