G1 Transformers Size, Power, and Mass

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Yes. The point of Regeneration One was to continue from where Marvel G1 left off at Issue #80 and act as if it never ended and never had to come back as Generation 2, hence the first two issues of Regeneration One being Issue #80.5 and #81.

Regeneration One serves as a replacement for Marvel G2. Furman deliberately overwrote his own work with new material, complete with an all-new take on Jhiaxus and his empire.

What was wrong with Marvel’s G2 Transformers?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What was wrong with Marvel’s G2 Transformers?
Furman simply wanted to continue where he left off with Marvel G1.

In fact, Issue #80 wasn't even supposed to be the original end of Marvel G1. Furman literally found out that Marvel would be canceling the series at #80 after having finished writing #78. He had plans for a whole new storyline that involved a big journey to search for the Last Autobot and save Cybertron, and many more plans for new stories after that. But when Furman was told about the cancelation, he suddenly had to cut short the entire journey and just wrap up everything in two issues, bringing in the Last Autobot to save Cybertron as quickly as he could, while all further plans were dropped completely.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro did not know what they had, so they created a movie that dropped a sh@t bomb on it instead of building it up.

They could not have known. Even Kenner's Star Wars ended with a complete whimper. The idea that any toyline was going to be a forever thing was completely unthinkable. If anything, TFTM was a stroke of accidental genius that made it possible for Transformers to become a forever brand.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’ve heard criticism over the way Simon Furman ended Regeneration One.

The way he ended the Marvel Transformers G1 and G2 comics was well done.

Furman seemed to have lost his touch, forgotten what G1 was all about, in the last issue of Regeneration One. He changed the ending completely.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Those who bought all the G1 Season 1 and 2 toys, when they went and saw the 1986 animated movie felt betrayed. They were invested in those toys and characters, and felt Hasbro gave them the middle finger, taking a dump on all of their toys, saying they were worthless and they needed to start all over again.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Those who bought all the G1 Season 1 and 2 toys, when they went and saw the 1986 animated movie felt betrayed. They were invested in those toys and characters, and felt Hasbro gave them the middle finger, taking a dump on all of their toys, saying they were worthless and they needed to start all over again.

Yes. And it made kids nostalgic for the 1984-1985 era before they had a chance to get tired of it in the first place. That was the stroke of accidental genius. It's a weird circumstance other fad toylines of the time didn't get.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Funnily enough S3 was my favorite season, but that was because of all the Sci-Fi stuff. I never got attached to Optimus before the movie and S3, so Rodimus is my Prime. Our school library also had some of the Marvel comics available in hardback collections, which was neat and let me get a chance to read some of those too.

Blot

Citizen
When I was a kid I had three episodes of G1 on VHS tapes and that was basically my view of the entire franchise for a long time. Clearly Hasbro has betrayed me because they dared to make more episodes beyond those three episodes.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I started with Beast Wars, so by that time the entire cast of G1 (and G2, even) was already dead. 😛

Until Ravage showed up. But then he died. :LOL:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Funnily enough S3 was my favorite season, but that was because of all the Sci-Fi stuff. I never got attached to Optimus before the movie and S3, so Rodimus is my Prime.
1687415317467.gif

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
It convinced the fandom that "G2 Sideswipe" means "spiky tires on top of the shoulders and absolutely no green."

Sideswipe was a minor, bit player Autobot. He wouldn’t have that much of an impact or fanbase. In fact most of the Transformers who died in the animated movie were minor, dispensable Autobots like Huffer, Brawn, Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Prowl, Bluestreak, etc. and on the Decepticon side Thundercracker and Skywarp. They’re very niche.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Sideswipe was a minor, bit player Autobot. He wouldn’t have that much of an impact or fanbase. In fact most of the Transformers who died in the animated movie were minor, dispensable Autobots like Huffer, Brawn, Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Prowl, Bluestreak, etc. and on the Decepticon side Thundercracker and Skywarp. They’re very niche.
That's like saying Green Lantern, The Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman are niche DC characters. They may not be the top tier 3 characters in the Justice League, but they are far from niche.

Top Bottom