G1 Transformers Size, Power, and Mass

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Wheeljack and the other Autobots were manually rebuilt by Teletraan One using robotic arms programmed with the scans taken by the Sky Spy,
Only because their bodies were so severely damaged in the crash.

just like the G1 Dinobots had to be manually built by hand from the scans taken at the museum by Hound.
The Dinobots didn't exist before, so they had no choice but to be constructed from scratch.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
It's a great big universe
And we're all really puny
We're just tiny little specks
About the size of Mickey Rooney
It's big and black and inky
And we are small and dinky
It's a big universe, and we're not!

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
How does this relate to this statement?

Perhaps it is more accurate to say the writers’ direction to the animators.

With the transmutation into Dinobots, all the writers have to say is magically make them change form after glowing for a couple of seconds.

With with the awakening of the Decepticons and Autobots, you have to make it more realistic by sending out the Sky Spy to scan vehicles, weapons, and mechanical/electronic devices, then show them being rebuilt with robotics. There are more in-between steps that need to be added to show the transition, to make it more believable as an advanced technological process, as opposed to matter and energy manipulation by a Marvel nigh-omnipotent god being.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
When the G1 Transformers debuted they made G1 Soundwave seem like the strongest Decepticon:

He was the first one to board the Ark, and he was throwing around all the Autobots like rag dolls. I thought he was going to be like a freakishly strong Decepticon warrior.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
G1 Megatron was just too big, strong, powerful, and massive for G1 Starscream

I was very disturbed by how mean Starscream was to Megatron. Some of the things he said were so disrespectful.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I don’t ever remember the GoBots having beasts:

Probably never made it into the cartoon.
All three of those Monster GoBots were featured in many episodes. They even got their own special five-part mini-series to introduce them.

COTGVamp.jpg

COTGScorp.jpg

COTGPincher.jpg

Vamp, Scorp, and Pincher were some of Cy-Kill's fiercest warriors.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, the size differential probably wouldn't be so great if Starscream didn't spend so much time on his knees.

1684833137491.png

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Now that IDW’s reign over Transformers has ended I think we can say that the ranking of Transformers comics from best to worse is:

1. G1 Marvel Comics
2. Dreamwave Generation One comics
3. IDW
4. Generation 2 Marvel Comics

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Now that IDW’s reign over Transformers has ended I think we can say that the ranking of Transformers comics from best to worse is:

1. G1 Marvel Comics
3. IDW
You forgot the G1 comics published by Blackthorne in 1987.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

1. G1 Marvel Comics
3. IDW
Are you French? Because otherwise, I did not consent to be a part of this "we" you speak of.

And I mean, IDW had several different continuities/series, so I don't think they can all be ranked equally. ReGeneration One alone, I would put over Dreamwave.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Are you French? Because otherwise, I did not consent to be a part of this "we" you speak of.

And I mean, IDW had several different continuities/series, so I don't think they can all be ranked equally. ReGeneration One alone, I would put over Dreamwave.

You mean Degeneration One, which killed off G1 Optimus Prime for good in the end and made G1 Rodimus Prime leader?

That would put Marvel G2 Transformers over IDW.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
It doesn’t matter how good people said the writing was in IDW. They were not telling stories that most Transformers fans were interested in. We wanted Optimus Prime and Megatron battling it out.

We’re not interested in seeing Megatron as an Autobot.

Most casual Transformers fans don’t want to see Transformers Star Trek (aka. The Lost Light).

Who cares about the wreckers; that was a UK creation.

We didn’t need or want Monstructor.

We wanted G1. Expand on that. Respect and elevate the source material.

Galvatron is Megatron reformatted, or from the future.

IDW went on one tangent after another.

G1 is simply the best. There’s plenty to explore and build on there. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
It doesn’t matter how good people said the writing was in IDW. They were not telling stories that most Transformers fans were interested in. We wanted Optimus Prime and Megatron battling it out.

We’re not interested in seeing Megatron as an Autobot.

Most casual Transformers fans don’t want to see Transformers Star Trek (aka. The Lost Light).

Who cares about the wreckers; that was a UK creation.

We didn’t need or want Monstructor.

We wanted G1. Expand on that. Respect and elevate the source material.

Galvatron is Megatron reformatted, or from the future.

IDW went on one tangent after another.

G1 is simply the best. There’s plenty to explore and build on there. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
Autobot Megatron was great.

The Wreckers were some of the best comics.

Actually we want more Monstructor.

Galvatron being an ancient barbarian was one of the best things.

The -Ations alone were better then Dreamwave.

Top Bottom