Why was there a lack of fanfare for the 20th anniversary of a Beast Wars and could have this have caused Primal to win the prime fan vote?

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Pretty sure the Ark's name also came from the comics originally. And the Vok were intended to be related to the Swarm from the G2 comics IIRC, though that never made it into the actual show. It did make it into supplementary material like the 3H comics much later.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Tarantulas was also supposed to be related to Jhiaxus' G2 Cybertronian Empire (the Unicron spawn insult was just that, an insult.) but that also didn't make it into the show.

TriBlurr

Citizen
I voted for Hound in round 1. Him and Arcee were the most interesting options by far.

Everyone else already felt like "Prime tier" characters.

After Hound was eliminated in round 1. That left Primal and 3 G1 Dudes. Which meant Primal would win.

Every fan vote we have had that had 1 Beast Wars guy VS a bunch of G1 guys, the Beast Wars guy wins. Because the Beast Wars fans have 1 vote option while the G1 vote is split.

Happened with every hall of fame fan vote like that.

I ultimately voted for Primal in the final round, since I didn't care for the other options. I do usually vote Beast Wars myself. But I was rooting for Hound or Arcee to win.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
I voted for Hound in round 1. Him and Arcee were the most interesting options by far.

Everyone else already felt like "Prime tier" characters.

After Hound was eliminated in round 1. That left Primal and 3 G1 Dudes. Which meant Primal would win.

Every fan vote we have had that had 1 Beast Wars guy VS a bunch of G1 guys, the Beast Wars guy wins. Because the Beast Wars fans have 1 vote option while the G1 vote is split.

Happened with every hall of fame fan vote like that.

I ultimately voted for Primal in the final round, since I didn't care for the other options. I do usually vote Beast Wars myself. But I was rooting for Hound or Arcee to win.
Should Lio Convoy be officially considered a Prime for the west as he has a toy in the Legacy line and it is called Leo Prime?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The Toy has a non removable Energon Matrix not the Matrix of leadership.
So? It's still a Matrix.

And not every Prime even has a Matrix. None of the Primes from Animated did, for example. Yet Optimus, Sentinel, Rodimus, etc. all still bore the rank of Prime. Heck, even Shockwave was a Prime in that series, having earned the rank under his "Longarm" alias.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The Toy has a non removible Matrix not the Matrix of leadership.

So what, the first toy to have the name Optimus prime never had a Matrix, neither did his second (PMOP), the first toy I'm aware of to have a Matrix that removable is Big Convoy from Beast Wars Neo and it wasn't until the first MP toy that Op started having a Matrix that could be removed, RID 2001 OP had a non removable Matrix, it takes more than just having a object in your chest to prove you are worthy of being a great leader, Hot Rod learned that in G1 season 3, burden hardest to bare, being a leader has a lot of responsbilities to it, the Matrix was mainly a plot device for the 86 Movie that grew beyond its intended use, similar with the Allspark in the live action films

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
So? It's still a Matrix.

And not every Prime even has a Matrix. None of the Primes from Animated did, for example. Yet Optimus, Sentinel, Rodimus, etc. all still bore the rank of Prime. Heck, even Shockwave was a Prime in that series, having earned the rank under his "Longarm" alias.
Prime meant something different in Animated.
Can he still be considered a Prime like G1 Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime and Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Can he still be considered a Prime like G1 Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime and Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus?
Well, let me ask you this. What exactly does it mean to be a Prime in the Beast Era age of the Maximals and Predacons, which is a point in time when individuals like Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime no longer exist, and the factions are instead headed by government councils instead of Matrix of Leadership-bearers?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

YES!!!

Thou I would expect the title of Prime has changed in the Beast Wars timeline and its likely become a rank for officers who are pretty much Supeme Commanders in charge of various sectors, similar to how Star Saber & God Grini were presented in the Victory anime, Star Saber was in charge of sector one, which was Earth, sector two, I guess is planet Micron as Cybertron is destoryed in that timeline, but you should get my drift (I hope)

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Well, let me ask you this. What exactly does it mean to be a Prime in the Beast Era age of the Maximals and Predacons, which is a point in time when individuals like Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime no longer exist, and the factions are instead headed by government councils instead of Matrix of Leadership-bearers?
Some people could feel like it meaning chosen by the Matrix.
Even if a Prime does not govern they could still lead in Military way.

Last edited:

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
But you yourself just stated that it's not the Matrix of Leadership he has but instead just an Energon Matrix.
Could the idea be to treat it like the Matrix of Leadership and the reason it looks like the Energon Matrix is it is anime accurate because of the 25th anniversary of Beast wars ll ?
I Checked the Hasbro Pulse con 2022 video Day One vide and one of the guys may have called it the Matrix Leadership.

Last edited:

Top Bottom