Why was there a lack of fanfare for the 20th anniversary of a Beast Wars and could have this have caused Primal to win the prime fan vote?

Nevermore

Citizen
But would it really that easy to get something on the the internet to do that or use incognito mode ?

Why the hell does this matter so much to you

Like, do you just not like the fact that Optimus Primal won? Do you not like Optimus Primal? Why are you so goddamn obsessed with the result of a fan vote from six years ago?

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Why the hell does this matter so much to you

Like, do you just not like the fact that Optimus Primal won? Do you not like Optimus Primal? Why are you so goddamn obsessed with the result of a fan vote from six years ago?
To me a new Prime could have been a big deal.
I liked Optimus death and may have liked Rodimus taking leadership over from him and the fan vote was going to lead to a new prime and showed ideas I could like.
I may have preferred someone from G1 and these days a Decepticon prime may be more satisfying and what that could do for the story.
I voted for Primal one in round 1 and maybe Star Saber at some point, as for most of it I voted for Ultra Magnus, Megatron and Deathsaurus.
I did not vote for round 2 and I may have been able to make a difference and feel I wasted my chance to do this.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
On one hand, for curiosity's sake I'd love to see concept art for all the options that didn't win. On the other hand, it might hurt to see what we can't have.
It's speculated that Siege Shockwave's armored up super mode was based on the ideas for his Prime toy.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd be shocked if it wasn't. But some of the other candidates are just total mysteries.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
If Habro had done a full toyline for Beast wars 20th anniversary who do you think would have won the power of the primes fan vote then?

Nevermore

Citizen
If Habro had done a full toyline for Beast wars 20th anniversary who do you think would have won the power of the primes fan vote then?
Dude, you're really obsessed with that stupid vote from six years ago. Let it go already. Unless you own a time machine, you can't change the past, and it appears increasingly that you keep asking variations of the same questions until people give you exactly the answers you want to hear. It's not healthy.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
I may like to see more versions of Primal becoming a Prime.
We only have the Power of the prime web series and the Toy line.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

If he became a Prime, he would pretty much be Optimus Prime thus defeating the point of calling him Optimus Primal to seperate the two as characters

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Theoretically it happened in the original Beast Wars S3 too. And the BW2 movie version perhaps might count? And then there was that short story thing with Logos Prime and the post-BM revived Primal, though I can't recall if that had that aspect for sure(unless I'm mixing up my side media).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And the BW2 movie version perhaps might count?
Ehh... *wavy hand gesture*

It's complicated.

And then there was that short story thing with Logos Prime and the post-BM revived Primal, though I can't recall if that had that aspect for sure(unless I'm mixing up my side media).
Beast Wars Reborn. They were fighting over what would later become Vector Prime's Cyber Planet Key. What Optimus got out of it was his Beast Wars 10th Anniversary Deluxe class toy body.

Unless you're referring to the brief moment in Chapter 2 when Optimus temporarily got reformatted into the body appearance of G2 Laser Optimus Prime (in an attempt to advertise that toy's 2006 reissue) before reverting back to his normal gorilla body.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
I could have liked if Beast wars had gone on longer and used these ideas: BW Megatron being haunted by G1 Megatron, Tarantulas and the vok origins being certainty revealed, Tarantulas using the Vok power,seeing how history had been changed by Megatron and about who Tigerhawk was loyal too.
There was the ideas of the coneheads being in the Nemesis story, the maximals going back to space and cybertron and maybe Rinox getting a transmetal.
Does anyone here know more about what Beast wars would have been like if it had more seasons and if Beast machines had not happened and what characters may have appeared?

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Does anyone here know more about what Beast wars would have been like if it had more seasons and if Beast machines had not happened
Ah, a question that actually has an answer!

All that is known is that, if there had been a fourth season of Beast Wars, it would have been set out in space, likely focusing on the journey back to Cybertron. That's all we know.

Nothing else is known beyond that, so don't ask about anything more that we can't answer.

Nevermore

Citizen
But doesn't nobody know what would have happened if Beast Wars was canceled after season 1 and Hasbro had launched Transformers: Generation 3 instead? Would Optimus Prime have returned? Would they have continued with Rodimus Prime? Would Star Saber have appeared? I neeeeeeeeeeeeed to know!!!!!!!!!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If Beast Wars had been canceled after season 1, Transformers would likely have become as dead as most other 1980s toy lines did after the '80s ended.

Beast Wars was the one last chance to save Transformers from the brink of death after the failure of Generation 2. If it had flopped, too, then that likely would have been the final nail in the coffin for our beloved robots in disguise.

At least until the nostalgia boom of the 2000s could have attempted to revive it.

Top Bottom