Why was there a lack of fanfare for the 20th anniversary of a Beast Wars and could have this have caused Primal to win the prime fan vote?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If he became a Prime, he would pretty much be Optimus Prime thus defeating the point of calling him Optimus Primal to seperate the two as characters
Not necessarily...

There have been some deviations in the Prime naming scheme, such as Prima and Primon.

Another possibility would be if he were to be called "Primal Prime." Sure, it was used for another character in a different context, but only in one continuity that I'm aware of, and I'm sure Hasbro would be more than happy to keep the trademark.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hasbro already made a version of Optimus Primal who became a Prime. His name as a Prime was "Optimal Optimus".

That was the whole point of the Power of the Primes fan vote, and the result of Optimus Primal winning it.

Last edited:

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Theoretically it happened in the original Beast Wars S3 too. And the BW2 movie version perhaps might count? And then there was that short story thing with Logos Prime and the post-BM revived Primal, though I can't recall if that had that aspect for sure(unless I'm mixing up my side media).
But how about seeing him take on the role of leadership of cybertron and leading all the Autobots and/or maximals along with being a Prime?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He certainly would have been an improvement over the leaders Cybertron had. But what he really deserved after Beast Wars was a vacation.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Another possibility would be if he were to be called "Primal Prime." Sure, it was used for another character in a different context, but only in one continuity that I'm aware of, and I'm sure Hasbro would be more than happy to keep the trademark.
"I have all the knowledge of all the Primes that ever were. And even I don't get the whole killing-yourself-over-a-videogame business...."

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Not necessarily...

There have been some deviations in the Prime naming scheme, such as Prima and Primon.

Had Beast wars gone on longer how likely is it that Primal Prime would have shown up?
Primeval Dawn part 1 had him seen being made to stop Tarantulas and Bob Forward,one of the story editors, wrote that so if Primal Prime was used for the comic what are the likely odds he would have been used for the show?
Maybe Primeval would have been a story arc for the Tv show.
The Toy came out in 2000.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Had Beast wars gone on longer how likely is it that Primal Prime would have shown up?
You're assuming Hasbro would have still made the Primal Prime toy if Beast Wars had kept going instead of being replaced by Beast Machines, which was the line that Primal Prime was made for.

Primeval Dawn part 1 had him seen being made to stop Tarantulas and Bob Forward,one of the story editors, wrote that so if Primal Prime was used for the comic what are the likely odds he would have been used for the show?
Maybe Primeval would have been a story arc for the Tv show.
The Toy came out in 2000.
That story only existed because the folks in charge of BotCon were forced to use Primal Prime instead of making the Rodimus Primal toy that they originally wanted to make. Had their plans not been changed by Hasbro, "Primeval Dawn" may not have existed at all, with Rodimus Primal instead taking the roles that Primal Prime and Rodimus (formerly Hot Rod) had in The Wreckers.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
You're assuming Hasbro would have still made the Primal Prime toy if Beast Wars had kept going instead of being replaced by Beast Machines, which was the line that Primal Prime was made for.

That story only existed because the folks in charge of BotCon were forced to use Primal Prime instead of making the Rodimus Primal toy that they originally wanted to make. Had their plans not been changed by Hasbro, "Primeval Dawn" may not have existed at all, with Rodimus Primal instead taking the roles that Primal Prime and Rodimus (formerly Hot Rod) had in The Wreckers.
Is it not possible that they could have made Primal Prime for the Beast wars line if it went longer and not have had the Beast Machines line and if not then why not?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do think Primal Prime would have existed whether Beast Machines happened or Beast Wars continued. It was an elaborate mold. I'm sure Hasbro would have wanted to squeeze a repaint out of it however they could.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I do think Primal Prime would have existed whether Beast Machines happened or Beast Wars continued. It was an elaborate mold. I'm sure Hasbro would have wanted to squeeze a repaint out of it however they could.
I dunno, Beast Wars was a different time. Back then, Hasbro wasn't always looking for ways to reuse big molds for redecos. Those that did get redecoed were done by either...
  • Takara without Hasbro's input: Magnaboss to BWII Magnaboss, Tripredacus to Triple Ducks, Optimus Primal to Burning Convoy and the clear version
  • 3H for BotCon only via request made to (rather than by) Hasbro: Rampage to Shokaract
  • Or Hasbro only after a number of years had passed since the molds' original releases: Megatron to T-Wrecks, Optimus Primal to Universe Optimus Primal, Depth Charge to Universe Depth Charge, TM2 Megatron to Cryotek, Tigerhawk to Razorclaw
And none of those Universe redecos would have even happened if the success of Armada, years after Beast Wars had ended, hadn't led retailers to demand even more Transformers product from Hasbro.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
It's set in a generic G1 universe; so you have stuff like Starscream's ghost from the G1 toon, but also stuff like Primus from the G1 comic.

It is not explicitly set in any particular version of G1 other than it's own.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
It's set in a generic G1 universe; so you have stuff like Starscream's ghost from the G1 toon, but also stuff like Primus from the G1 comic.

It is not explicitly set in any particular version of G1 other than it's own.
So Beast Wars/machines has never been absolutely confirmed to be Sequel's of The 1984 Transformers cartoon ?

Lobjob

Citizen
I mean, beast wars is pretty cartoony outside of the Primus mentions, but Beast Machines is very cartoony,Plasma Energy Chamber, Key to Vector Sigma...

But the multiverse is also a big place, so...🤷‍♂️

Xaaron

Citizen
So Beast Wars/machines has never been absolutely confirmed to be Sequel's of The 1984 Transformers cartoon ?

In the Japanese G1 cartoon timeline, BW/BM is absolutely the future of the Japanese 80's cartoon.

In Fun Publications, their expanded version of the 1984 Transformers cartoon timeline was called the "Wingsverse". The Wingsverse, by implication, incorporated BW/BM into their timeline, particularly in Timelines #9-10.

However, no blanket statement has ever been made that BW is ALWAYS the definitive future of the original cartoon.

Top Bottom