Randy
Citizen

Attachments

• 20211112_142437.jpg
    20211112_142437.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 150

msol

Citizen
So stoked. Too bad Cyclops VA died recently-- he was my favorite character. Looks like Cedrick Smith won't be back as Prof X (he's almost 80 years old, so I'm guessing retired).

Still, gonna be amazing to hear Rogue and Wolverine back.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I like the idea of continuing it, but can they recreate the feel. I mean I won't be against anything if the Animation swings back with the Mouse backing it. But coming back after 25 years is going to be weird. So many of the characters have changed outside of the show so much and rewinding back to the 90's Lee and Claremont era again is going to be awkward.

Paladin

Citizen
"We've tried NOTHING and we're all out of ideas to make anyone other than comic nerds care about X-Men so let's go back to the ONLY time in history this brand ever had mainstream popularity & see if we can't squeeze some more blood from its turnips!" - Disney+.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
"We've tried NOTHING and we're all out of ideas to make anyone other than comic nerds care about X-Men so let's go back to the ONLY time in history this brand ever had mainstream popularity & see if we can't squeeze some more blood from its turnips!" - Disney+.
Only time? Really?

But to be fair the show is the most well remembered piece of the franchise. This isn't the first time in recent years they tried to go back to TAS. "X-men '92" was attempted a few years ago as a digital first comic series.

Maruten

Citizen
Crazy news, good on 'em. I love that they're getting a bunch of the cast back, but they did say some of them will be in new roles so there will obviously be a fair bit of recasting - but you would expect that when so many years have passed.

You can't get classic X-Men from the X-Men books right now so this will be something nice to have.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
My main question is what do you go for:

Do you go for what it was actually like? Slightly ugly 90s animation, average to questionable writing, abridged and oddly changed/adapted current (90s or 2020s?) storylines, over dramatic and campy characterization and voice acting.

Do you go for the memes? Wolverine and the picture and carving the turkey. Scott being boring fun-hating Dad. People yelling JEAAAAN. Gambit being g-rated sleezy, Storm yelling everything operatically, etc.

or Do you do it the way you wish it had been? Good quality, good looking modern animation. Good writing. Iconic but developed takes on the characters.

The 3rd kinda obviously sound best to me but I wonder how much you can do that and still have it FEEL like a part of the 90s show. The 90s Fox Kids quality and the memetic jokes it created are so much of the affection for the show.

-ZacWilliam, like the appeal of a legit "Fun Bad" movie I'm not sure that feeling that was such a factor of what the show was then is gonna be recaptureable "on purpose."

msol

Citizen

Do you go for what it was actually like? Slightly ugly 90s animation, average to questionable writing, abridged and oddly changed/adapted current (90s or 2020s?) storylines, over dramatic and campy characterization and voice acting.

Do you go for the memes? Wolverine and the picture and carving the turkey. Scott being boring fun-hating Dad. People yelling JEAAAAN. Gambit being g-rated sleezy, Storm yelling everything operatically, etc.

or Do you do it the way you wish it had been? Good quality, good looking modern animation. Good writing. Iconic but developed takes on the characters.

The 3rd kinda obviously sound best to me but I wonder how much you can do that and still have it FEEL like a part of the 90s show. The 90s Fox Kids quality and the memetic jokes it created are so much of the affection for the show.

-ZacWilliam, like the appeal of a legit "Fun Bad" movie I'm not sure that feeling that was such a factor of what the show was then is gonna be recaptureable "on purpose."
I’m expecting it to be in same vein as MOTU Revelations.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen

I think you could comfortably land in the middle. Keep the characterization and quirks, butt give them better written stories.

Keep the character designs, and look of the series but improve consistency, and animation. Stills from the series look nice when they are model most the time, it's when it's in motion that it often starts to look worse.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am so amped for this show! It was my favorite Cartoon in 90s. Xmen was always epic, and I look forward to seeing them bring newer comic storylines to screen!

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I’m expecting it to be in same vein as MOTU Revelations.

In animation quality i’ll agree with you. Hopefully the writing and overall story quality will be far,far better. Also, i hope they don’t try to do some of the more modern X-Stories. I’m hoping, like the original, the X-Men will be heroes, Prof. X will be the fatherly mentor. Not broken villainous good guys and moral ambiguity.

I’d actually love to see them take a shot at Age of Apocalypse.
90s X-Men is hugh up in my top 5 favourite cartoons. So i’m really hoping this is goind to be gold. But i can’t help being cynical.

Also, Rogue is awesome. Mystique is best Mystique. Leave Ms. Marvel dead to the world. Bring back the theme tune. It is perfection!

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well the "One Man's Worth" 2 parter back then was kind of their shot at an AoA like situation. Many of the characters AoA designs were inserted into the backgrounds of the dystopian reality born of Xaviers death in that version.

Saw that Jubilee's VA has declined to come back and asked that Jube's should be voiced by an Asian VA.

Top Bottom