What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
So my doctor who does HRT for me made a post on his Facebook page about the Alabama law. He has patients all across the country so naturally some are from that state.

This is seriously depressing to me. Things are going to go to shit for trans youth in that state. Depression, despair, suicides will follow.

And if the Republicans sweep the midterms, it only gets worse. Even if they don't, it's not going to end here. These soulless fuckers are out for blood.
According to constitutional law, you can't be charged for violating the law in one state for services rendered in another state as long as said activity is legal in the state it occurs in. Does complicate logistics, though, especially for the poor.

NovaSaber

Citizen
According to constitutional law, you can't be charged for violating the law in one state for services rendered in another state as long as said activity is legal in the state it occurs in. Does complicate logistics, though, especially for the poor.
That's what I was going to say.
If anything, laws that claim they can charge doctors in other states are the most certain of these to be quickly struck down.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
But some dickwad will still try, which will tie up the doctors and the patients in litigation, which still means somebody suffers. Conservatives don't care about logic or even law; if they can harass people enough to make them give up, whether because they can't keep up financially or just out of sheer exhaustion, it still counts as a win.

Patch

Citizen
That's what I was going to say.
If anything, laws that claim they can charge doctors in other states are the most certain of these to be quickly struck down.
How does it work if the visit in question is remote, though?

Ironbite4

Citizen
Guess you missed the part where the GOP creating these laws don't give a damn.

Ironbite-it's all about getting the base riled up and the base is cruel.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
All communication would have to be done outside of Alabama, same with treatments. Doable by someone with enough money for travel expenses. Once again hurting poor trans kids more than wealthy ones

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Hurting the poor is pretty much the GOP's empty heart and soul. And aiming the hate at anyone different makes it easier to keep the base distracted.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

I don't think any debate collapses into circular logic faster than trying to explain to an American conservative why it's undemocratic and unfair for voters in sparsely populated states to have two or three times the representation per person as voters in densely populated states.

Every one of these turds will immediately complain that it's somehow unfair for 30 million voters in one state to have more influence than 3 million voters in two smaller states, and that it is completely fair for those 3 million voters to overrule the 30 million voters instead. And when you challenge that logic, it's about 30 seconds until you end up in the "the system was made that way because that's the way the system was made" circular logic hole.

Ironbite4

Citizen
If Florida Republicans get rid of Disney's special privilege's, they will be cutting their own throats in Florida. Disney has enough money to bury the GOP and nobody in DeSantis' team understands that.

Ironbite-boggles my mind here.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I say let them fight. Desantis needs to go down regardless, and if it kills the GOP in florida things will only improve for the population.

Top Bottom