What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Patch

Citizen
Disney should retaliate by rebooting the Air Bud franchise and making a Ron DeSantis lookalike the recurring antagonist.

Ironbite4

Citizen
What they can do is sue Florida and probably win. Then can then start backing people who'll both "respect" them and defeat them in elections. In other words, Disney dollars are about to buy up Democrats to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Ironbite-and it'll work because haha Hug You.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Given how much republicans as a group have decriminalized violence in general, I also wouldn't rule out a private army quickly followed by "disney presents: florida". But hey, given how powerful an entertainment force they are, and how much media broadcasting they own, I'm sure ABC will spin it positively enough and "the animated adventures of florida man" will keep people in stitches for generations to come.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
You can scratch the "probably," Ironbite. The law that established Reedy Creek Improvement District explicitly says that only Disney's board of directors can decide whether to give up control of the district - what the Florida GQP just voted for is flat-out illegal. Ron DeSatan and his goose-stepping GQP goons basically just screwed themselves over.

At least the corporation is smart enough to recognize how important things like eco-conservation and acceptance of equality are to its survival and bottom line. If I'm going to be under the thrall of a corporation, at least I'm being entertained by Disney's content.

Under the GOP, I'm one of the medical marginalized who are most apt to suffer under their "medical freedom" bullshit.

Yeah, corporations are at least willing to monetize everyone they can. The GOP literally wants certain people dead.
And take a wild guess who in this thread falls into both of these categories! It's me. I'm the one the GQP wants to kill because I'm disabled and not straight.

Ironbite4

Citizen
You are hugging KIDDING ME!? You mean it's law that states they can't give up the RCID unless they want to? Holy crap.

Ironbite-DeSantis is a hugging joke.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
You are hugging KIDDING ME!? You mean it's law that states they can't give up the RCID unless they want to? Holy crap.

Ironbite-DeSantis is a hugging joke.
to be fair, actually knowing what the law says would require actually giving a shit about the law and not simply indulging in whatever twisted fascist whims he has that day.

Nevermore

Citizen

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Damnit paladin: could you stop with the paranoia for 5 minutes... NEVERMORE?!?!?!

Shit, better read the article then...

Edit: Ah, hhmmmm. Seems like they did this because the word "trans" is in there, but why didn't the catch the rest of the transformers movie adaptions?

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
I mean, Optimus' motto is "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings," and the GQP are so fascistic that even BM Megatron would be disgusted, so...

Paladin

Citizen

Top Bottom