What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They just have to raise enough anger among their base to make it sound like a controversy. They all know it's a load of bull, but they also know that their base won't bother to research it. The outrage is all they're after with any of it.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
what, you weren't convinced enough that qanon's belief that the democrats are a pedophile cabal is just projection?

Paladin

Citizen

Attachments

• JMBeAKing.jpg
    JMBeAKing.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 58

NovaSaber

Citizen
Creepy for reasons that are theoretically opposing (compared to the Tennessee creeps), still hates all the same people:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/andre...mments-to-far-right-group-in-ny-governor-race

New York gubernatorial hopeful—and son of disgraced Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani—Andrew Giuliani brought up his young daughter in a weekend rant about gender, stating that he had “looked under the hood” and that she was a woman and “she’s gonna stay a woman.”

Giuliani’s comments, delivered at a Long Island rally by a far-right group, came amid remarks condemning options for transgender people. He spoke about his four-month-old daughter, saying he is “gonna be the last guy in a long time that looks under the hood right there.”

She “made a promise to me on the first day, right? My wife was sleeping, and I’m holding her [my daughter] in my arms. And I get emotional thinking about it, but she made a promise with me. She shook my hand and I said, ‘I’m the only boyfriend till you’re 25 years old, shake hands.’

“Shook my hand. So I have changed the diapers. I have looked under the hood. She’s a woman. I’m gonna be the last guy in a long time that looks under the hood right there. But guess what? She was born a woman and she’s gonna stay a woman, it’s that simple.”

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

In a way, it's actually brilliant political strategy for the political opposition to invent completely imaginary problems, like the "border crisis", or an epidemic of transwomen raping girls in the bathroom, or school teachers trying to turn your kids gay. Because when you rile people up about an imaginary problem, you can truthfully point out that the government is doing nothing about it.

I'm really tired of rural conservatives thinking that homelessness is caused by "liberal cities". Yes, rural conservatives, we have homeless people here in the city. One of the reasons is that when your children run away from you, they run here.

The religious right pretends they're protecting their kids from knowledge of immorality by not wanting them to learn about homosexuals, but these same conservatives teach their kids from infancy about the horrifying concept of slowly killing a man by nailing him to a cross and leaving him there for days.

Gee, something tells me that they don't really have a problem with their kids learning about immorality.

Spin-Out

Citizen
And Ron DeSantis just signed a law that bans abortion at 15 weeks. Including if the woman's a victim of rape, incest or human trafficking.

How are Democrats the party of pedophiles and groomers again? Because the GOP seems oddly interested in making it so sexual predators can get away with what they do.

Patch

Citizen
So my doctor who does HRT for me made a post on his Facebook page about the Alabama law. He has patients all across the country so naturally some are from that state.

Unfortunately I now cannot help families deal with this issue in this state without committing a felony. At the same time, it's also not legal for me to medically "abandon" these patients and refuse to provide care moving forward, especially when I cannot offer somewhere else they can receive treatment.
Effectively, I am forced to put myself into a legal nightmare no matter what I do.
I'm consulting with my legal team on how to proceed, but signs right now are looking like we will have to terminate doctor/patient relationships in some states out of a fear of me being charged with a felony crime and losing my ability to care for all my other patients.
For those this affects, I am deeply sorry. I wish I had the power to change it.
This is seriously depressing to me. Things are going to go to shit for trans youth in that state. Depression, despair, suicides will follow.

And if the Republicans sweep the midterms, it only gets worse. Even if they don't, it's not going to end here. These soulless fuckers are out for blood.

Spin-Out

Citizen
tbh i think at this point the only way to take the republicans down a peg is bloodying their noses. literally. maybe go a little further and smash their heads against a curb repeatedly. like, we're not getting out of this shithole country without violence. we need to be willing to be as bloodthirsty as those ************s are. we need to make them afraid to open their goddamn mouths for the next couple of decades. we need to beat the ever-loving shit out of them like we beat the ever-loving shit out of the nazis in WWII. they want a culture war, we make it into a goddamned street war.

**** "turning the other cheek." these bastards want the LGBTQ+ community dead, want to enslave BIPOC, and want women to be their personal sex slaves. they aren't gonna back down from being fascist pieces of shit if you lecture them about how bad it is. they want violence? we give 'em more violence than they can handle.

Last edited:

Nevermore

Citizen
Nope, violence is not the answer. Especially not when they can and will use it as an excuse to crack down even more on civil rights.

Spin-Out

Citizen
we've let fascism metastatize to the point that one of our major political parties is one goose step away from doing a goddamned holocaust on the LBGTQ+ community. they're trying to commit genocide on trans kids right ******* now. non-violence is the ideal, but the democrats were too gutless to take a non-violent stand when it would have actually worked. violence is inevitable at this point - the only thing that we can do is decide whether we're gonna lie there and take the inevitable jackboot stomping on our neck, or fight back.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They already want you dead: and they have all the ******* guns. If you start a fight, they will simply kill you where you stand, and then go on all the propaganda shows and scream about how you started it and about how they've always been justified in hating you.

You don't seem to understand, so let's explain it: There is no way to fight them. No matter what actions you take, what choices you make, if you actively engage them: they will win, and more than likely; it'll kill you. They're master of propaganda, spin, marketing and narrative control, they will always make YOU out to be the enemy to their small minded, ignorant, hateful base. If you want to win: survive. Outlive them, they can't do this forever, and are already imploding. Just out live them.

Top Bottom