What happened to my Filmation He-man and She-ra???

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
IMG_1638.jpeg

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The Fentanyl crisis can be solved by listening to He-man, the Most Powerful Man in the Universe:

And if they donā€™t, well:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Larry DiTillio and Bob Forward created ā€œThe Secret of the Swordā€:

They went on to create ā€œBeast Wars Transformers, ā€œ the #1 ranked Transformers cartoon of all time.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They went on to create ā€œBeast Wars Transformers, ā€œ the #1 ranked Transformers cartoon of all time.
šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ
They did the best they could with what they had.
Considering what they had was the lights shut down right at the tail end of production and basically had He-Man and Skeletor sword-fighting in the dark, I do actually agree.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I liked this Filmationesque game a lot:

They should have added ads insertion to it. I guess it was during the early days of app game development where they did not know any better. They teased Battlecat with his Paw, before they killed the operation abruptly.

ā€œTappers of Grayskullā€ went to the other extreme where they only cared about ads but the game itself was nowhere near the quality or potential for world, story and character bulilding as ā€œHe-man: The Most Powerful Game in the Universe. ā€œ It was like watching a bad sequel.

This was a chance for Filmation to make a comeback but it was ruined by corporate incompetence.

And theyā€™ve been jumping the shark ever since (eg. CGI, Revelation, Masters of the Multiverse, etc.).

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Thereā€™s nothing more beautiful than a woman who loves He-man and the Masters of the Universe:

I want to marry this woman.šŸ˜

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Kids like toys with gimmicks, action features, and batteries:

at least I did, and that was the appeal of Masters of the Universe for me.

Maybe Origins and Materverse should bring some of that back, despite what adult collectors want. We got to get back to the kids and actually playing with the toys, not just displaying them and letting them sit on the shelf.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I love recreating this action pose from the She-Ra episode "Loo-kee Lends a Hand":

WIN_20140920_130400.JPG

WIN_20140920_130343.JPG

WIN_20140920_115707.JPG

WIN_20140920_115639.JPG

WIN_20140920_115648.JPG

WIN_20140920_115719.JPG

By the Power of Grayskull......"

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
New Filmation Masters of the Universe variants are going to cross-over with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Too bad we wonā€™t get new Filmation cartoon episodes along with them.

TMNT killed MOTU in the 80ā€™s and seemed to supplant Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Thundercats as well.

I found the Turtles far inferior to these other properties and incredibly boring, yet it was really popular. I did not understand it. I had to tolerate watching the TMNT cartoon because it was always turned on at my neighborā€™s house, and I had to go along to the turtle movies and pretend I liked it.

How the hell did the Turtles overtake He-man, She-ra, Transformers, and G.I. Joe.

The turtles were a stupid, braindead, childish concept that was painful for me to watch.

Can anyone tell me what the appeal is of what I consider uninteresting and dumb? I donā€™t get itā€™s popularity at all, whatsoever, never have and I suspect never will.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nah.. All those cartoons were already at the end of their life for the era. Tmnt didn't come on TV until 1987 when all those other cartoons were either already done or on their deathbeds.

TMNT was just the next new thing to capture the imagination of the next wave of kids.

Top Bottom