What happened to my Filmation He-man and She-ra???

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've seen this making the rounds again - since we're talking about Filmation MOTU here's the first thing they worked on - the first animated He-Man shown on TV. This was the second or 3rd Mattel commercial before the show ever came out

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I've seen this making the rounds again - since we're talking about Filmation MOTU here's the first thing they worked on - the first animated He-Man shown on TV. This was the second or 3rd Mattel commercial before the show ever came out

I see you’re a Filmation He-man and the Masters of the Universe fanboy. May I call you friend:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I love Filmation She-ra but I think they went a little too far here:

Not only did She-ra defeat all those Masters of the Universe villains, robots and beasts with ease, she had to rescue He-man.

They went full woke for broke.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love Filmation She-ra but I think they went a little too far here:

Not only did She-ra defeat all those Masters of the Universe villains, robots and beasts with ease, she had to rescue He-man.

They went full woke for broke.

Don't be weird.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’d like to apologize for my sexist and misogynistic behavior.

She-ra is stronger and more powerful than He-man:

He-man is the poor man’s She-ra.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still think you're over thinking it. Of course she's going to be the hero in her own show.

That said, her sword is more powerful and has more powers than Adam's sword.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I wish She-ra had more He-man cross-over episodes like this one:

In in this episode “Loo-Kee Lends a Hand” when He-man removes Adora’s Sword, puts it in her hand, and then touches his Power Sword to the Sword of Protection it looks like He-man’s Sword of Power is actually bigger.

I think it would have been great if He-man guest-starred in every other episode of She-ra.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
After the last She-Ra season, they should have gone the Classics route and have the Horde go to Eternia and the Rebellion following.

it looks like He-man’s Sword of Power is actually bigger.
It usually is, in most depictions. Especially toy ones.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I just wish He-man was not treated like cannon fodder. Here he literally was:

Even though She-ra had to rescue He-man yet again, I did like how she acknowledged He-man’s help and said it was “all in the family. “

I also like the end part:

She-ra (hugging He-man): “I dream of the day when we’ll all be together. “
He-man(hugging She-ra): “That day will come…”

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
After the last She-Ra season, they should have gone the Classics route and have the Horde go to Eternia and the Rebellion following.

It usually is, in most depictions. Especially toy ones.

Hordak was and would be no match for He-man and She-ra on Eternia because they would have all of the Powers, all of the Strength, that dwell in the Secrets of Truth and Knowledge, Castle Grayskull. It is at the center of the Universe where the Big Bang occurred and created everything, according to the Sorceress in the He-man episode “The Search. “

I want the Masters of the Universe to first go to Etheria to free that planet from the Horde. Then have Adora go home to Eternia to take her place as Princess. Finally, have the full force of the Horde Empire invade Eternia.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
She-ra is Teela from the mini comics:

7A06743A-7075-4626-A68E-A2AB7E6E9DAC.jpeg
E520BBB4-11EE-48F9-9358-B607647499FA.jpeg

936A940F-E084-4ECB-84B5-DFA235DA878B.jpeg

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Near the end of She-ra I believe they tried to course-correct by bringing back the Evil Warriors:

And teasing a possible serial storyline arc:

They even gave John Erwin first billing on the end credits of Season 2 of She-ra:

But it was too little too late. They already alienated too many kids. They knew this when Mattel only ordered a half season to give them one last chance, but it was too late.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
This is my favorite She-ra episode of all time:

“Horde Prime Takes a Holiday” written by J. Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 and Spider-man Clone Saga fame.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
JMS didn't do the clone saga stuff but he did do the even dumber magical totem garbage and a lot of civil war stuff including the even more dumber One More Day

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Here’s a He-man episode “The Origin of the Sorceress” written by J. Michael Straczynski:

FB43C3D1-18E1-431C-8F86-863B8B776872.jpeg

where he connects He-man with She-ra, their Swords of Power. He’s a very talented writer who cares about continuity and is good at tying stories together.

Top Bottom