Transformers Retro series (Walmart TFTM Reissues)

MrBlud

Citizen
$30 for an Insecticon is INSANE especially one you’ve already made bank on for over three decades.

Should’ve been a $50 3-pack or something.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sometimes "Just get one on eBay" isn't a great solution. Time flies. These things do get scarce. But the Insecticons are still very available. This is like trying to charge a premium price for a new Blaster or Perceptor. Get real.

Kup

Citizen
Cyclonus’s purple looks a bit off to me. Will need to see in person / videos to be sure.

MegaMagnus

Citizen
I see bombshell, thrust , dirge ,ramjet , astrotrain as strong future possibilities but what of the autobots ? If they do Optimus will it only be the cab . Kup or rodimus prime perhaps

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You know, I can't remember a time when the G1 reissue prices were reasonable.

When they came out in the early 2000s at Toys R Us, the First wave was pricey at the time. Then they kept getting more and more expensive for more obscure G1 characters.

Once Walmart starting their Reissue line, it just got way out of hand.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
When they came out in the early 2000s at Toys R Us, the First wave was pricey at the time.
To be a little fair, two-thirds of that first wave consisted of Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus, two big items whose full contents were about the same as the Super Class toys of the time.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The TRU prices weren't that bad. Just because these toys don't have much articulation doesn't mean the construction isn't intricate.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
To be a little fair, two-thirds of that first wave consisted of Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus, two big items whose full contents were about the same as the Super Class toys of the time.
yeah, it was like $50 for Optimus and Ultra Magnus? I think Hotrod was cheaper though. What was it $17 or $25? I only saw Optimus Once when I was on vacation and didn't get him, and I still kick myself about that. I did get the other two though.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The TRU prices weren't that bad. Just because these toys don't have much articulation doesn't mean the construction isn't intricate.

Well, I remember them being pretty pricey. I picked up the later waves when they got clearanced to around $18 for a deluxe figure from $35. And that was back in 2006-7?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And then they never reissued Ultra Magnus again.

We didn't know how good we had it with the TRU reissues.
I wonder if they will finally break that with these TFTM G1 Reissues? It would be the perfect opportunity, but they would probably price it at $89.99 knowing Walmart.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I think Rodimus Major was 19.99 at TRU when it came out.

I can't complain too much about the Walmart reissues. I got Blaster for like $3 on clearance, and Soundwave and the Cassettes for around $20 total. At full price, though, yeah, they're kind of pricey.

Top Bottom