Transformers Retro series (Walmart TFTM Reissues)

Dake

Citizen
Honestly, I'd have been more interested in toy colors across the board, but MSRP was too much regardless.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is concerning $10 , I really wanted the line to survive to see what we would’ve gotten down the road but doesn’t seem meant to be . Hound is the same price btw
I wouldn't worry about it. It is just the first wave and it's on deep discount at Christmas time.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was willing to pay full price for Hot Rod for a variety of reasons, but that's not something I could easily keep up.

Would love a Hound for $10, though, but that never seems to happen around here.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
First images from SDCC, showing the Retro Optimus Prime. Like most of the recent reissues, this one is sporting cartoon colors. Looks spiffy, but between United and Missing Link...I think I might be "good" on retro Optimii

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hmmm... I already have both of the Missing Link versions, but that does look really good.

...And it would give me a trailer for my toon-colored Missing Link version...

🤔

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It looks like a pretty good G1 Prime reissue, but that's been done so many times that it isn't all that exciting anymore. Maybe if they'd gone with the Missing Link mold or something, but unless this is under $40 or so (and I expect at least $70, probably more), it's not really worth hunting down. Even without getting into Walmart's haphazard distribution.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I feel like this is an interesting release, but I prefer the toy deco on G1 Prime. As Sabrblade mentioned though, there might be a percentage of toon-deco Missing Link Prime owners that this would appeal to for the trailer alone (might being the operative word). But yeah, it will probably be pretty pricey to those who just want the trailer, so I guess we'll see.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
First images from SDCC, showing the Retro Optimus Prime. Like most of the recent reissues, this one is sporting cartoon colors. Looks spiffy, but between United and Missing Link...I think I might be "good" on retro Optimii
Great timing as this cheaper version just sold out... :(

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do not have a G1 Optimus in my collection. After all the years of collection, I've never picked up a version of him since my original died back in 1987. I feel like it has been something missing in my collection, but haven't felt the itch to have one when the past versions have been available. Now, with SS86 coming, I might have to pick up a G1 Prime just for posterity sake. This one looks pretty damn nice for that purpose.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can see myself picking one up on clearance, but I doubt they will be priced low enough for me to justify picking it up to get an Optimus in Toon colors.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
I'm only interested if it comes with the styrofoam packaging like the original original. 🤓

Top Bottom