Transformers Retro series (Walmart TFTM Reissues)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
New images for the Walmart-exclusive "Retro" reissues for G1 Hound and Thundercracker have surfaced, courtesy of Jtprime17.

hpTY1K3.jpg

yU2W8cF.jpg

fybDJWP.jpg

fyyRazv.jpg

pF8DKy9.jpg

8V79Lhn.jpg

xKr1GRR.jpg

2KlQoms.jpg

m5nulG7.jpg

D1CwAlX.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Funny that so far, only one of these movie toys is of a character the movie was meant to highlight. Two if we want to talk prominence.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am just stunned that this reissue line doesn't have Perceptor yet. It does have Blaster though. Oh well.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I agree that Hound no longer "pops" without the chromed parts and weapons, but I think Thundercracker looks pretty cool.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm torn on Hound. I'm relatively sure that he was my first real Transformer (memories from that far back are pretty hazy), so I'd love to have a minty fresh one, but it could use a little bit of extra "pop."

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I will probably pick up that Thundercracker if I see one in stores. My old G1 hound is still good enough for me though.

Dake

Citizen
They're up for sale on Pulse though Hound is already sold out. Still available for pre-order at Walmart though. Personally - I'm not sure he's worth $35 to me. I think I'd be more tempted by him had he come out in the original paint scheme with original-style packaging to match the earlier Wal-mart G1 releases.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I so prefer the old toy colors but I kinda want these. This Hound isn't pretty but I know I can handle it without finding tiny bits of flaking chrome all over my fingers.

Thundercracker is okay. At least the eyes aren't a sticker now. Maybe Hasbro isn't completely crazy to be going with the long missiles. With the lack of chrome and stickers it seems like these reissues want to be played with.

MegaMagnus

Citizen
Finally getting my hot rod delivered tomorrow but gotta wait until august for my hound and thundercracker ordered through hasbro pulse. Bbts and tfsource really snatched them all up

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
That Thundercracker is really slick. Impressed he has gray hands with his feet being black. He also finally gets to hold Megatron (he was the only '84 Seeker not to).

My Hot Rods arrived from Walmart. Boxes were crushed to heck.
20230323_173909.jpg

Top Bottom