Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder what that does for the price of him though.

I'm guessing the new guns, blast effects, and minicon take him up to a Voyager?

Also, from the art on the box front, it looks like they're using the Legacy Conehead mold for Armada Thrust. I don't have any attachment to Armada, but I will buy any seeker remolds/repaints they care to make.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish they'd made Jolt yellow.
Ah, well, maybe Takara will make it into a campaign item, but... That's so much extra work.

For Thrust, maybe a Starscream style body (wings on torso, not legs) with a Conehead, er, head. Maybe some retooling to add a VTOL fan somewhere and/or cover up the chest gap so the cockpit isn't visible in robot mode. Although that's stuff an upgrade kit can also add. Either way, it'll be good to see that color scheme again.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Hot Shot will push $40, mark my words. It's not just the minicon, but the extra guns and blast effects as well.

Also, that sure looks like an Armada Thrust from the cone head mold lurking back there...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish they'd made Jolt yellow.
Ah, well, maybe Takara will make it into a campaign item, but... That's so much extra work.

For Thrust, maybe a Starscream style body (wings on torso, not legs) with a Conehead, er, head. Maybe some retooling to add a VTOL fan somewhere and/or cover up the chest gap so the cockpit isn't visible in robot mode. Although that's stuff an upgrade kit can also add. Either way, it'll be good to see that color scheme again.

thrust.jpg

Looks like a remold of the Conehead body. The wings now seem to be smaller and maybe mounted to the shoulders? Or maybe on a swing-up pivot like Dirge's canards.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tidal Wave as a Titan class would be too big to combine with Megs. Commander class is the likely avenue, especially now that mini-cons are being revealed. Package him with Tidal Wave and Megatrons and I think you can justify commander class vs leader class better.

and this is what I meant about the minicons. We should have known this repaint was coming, but Jolt is a fantastic addition. I wonder what that does for the price of him though.

Tidalwave doesn't need his combining with Megatron Gimmick, imo. It wasn't that great for the original toy, and I much rather have a titan class carrier that launches jets.

As for the new Hotshot, they had me at the blast effects. Seriously, though, I want this repaint to go with my Neo-Armada figures. The idea of Thrust being a conehead remold sounds great to me. I guess all hose questions about that Armada prime prototype got them thinking. :)

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Upcoming toy photos were shown.
Ultra Magnus. Can’t figure out what the cab does. Both modes look fantastic

Shattered glass Sideswipe with a minicon that’s clearly a premold for Armada Wheeljack but looks like Drench (I think that’s his name).

SG Rodimus.

nacelle from the siege seeker mold. Looks good.

Nove Prime that’s being sold as Galaxy Prime repaint / remold.

some other bots that I’m not real sure who they are in all honesty.

The Phazer

Citizen
The cab doesn't do anything, it transforms into him. You can see the sides of it on the back shot. It's like the MP version.

(I am fine with this approach, it's a Studio Series toy. The white cab was never in the film.)

MrBlud

Citizen
Nice to see (after two failures) they finally got Ratchet right. Red waist, hands, and shoulder symbols.

Hopefully he get a red helmet comic capsule release too. Maybe with that rumored Purple Marvel Soundwave…

The Phazer

Citizen
Nice to see (after two failures) they finally got Ratchet right. Red waist, hands, and shoulder symbols.

Hopefully he get a red helmet comic capsule release too. Maybe with that rumored Purple Marvel Soundwave…

But of a shame his lightbar is painted plastic, but other than that he's great. They nailed the headsculpt too. I am pretty happy with the SS86 toys.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Kascade was by far the coolest looking thing shown. I don't know a thing about her but cool toy.

I need Ratchet and Frenzy but in a "they fill a display spot" kinda way not in a particularly exciting way.

Ultra Magnus is a similar low key want, not a "need" but enough of an improvement I'll at least consider him.

Nacelle is a want just to expand the Seeker horde but be more exciting if it was an earth mode version.

I want the Stunticon set but it's gonna be real pricey I don't know if I can swing it. Maybe if it stays in stock long enough to be a Christmas gift.

-ZacWilliam, And unless I forgot something there was kinda nothing else there that I'm too interested in.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Jeez, they really don't want to give me a Diaclone Powered Convoy with a blue cab Optimus that doesn't look awful. I thought surely this big expensive version would finally deliver that.

Top Bottom