Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Honestly, I have no clue who the two characters in the two pack are, I know the molds, same with the Siege Seeker mold, I don't know the character, so from the legacy reveals, only Hot Shot gotten my attention along with Nova Prime, on SS, Magnus I might get, Ratchet and Freezy plus the SG 2 pack, the core exsosuit for ROTB just looks dumb, but then, it wasn't exactly my favourte moment of the film!

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Javelin was a very minor character in IDW1 who got a slightly bigger role in IDW2 where she got into a sniper fight with Kaskade, who is a IDW2 original and didn't do much else besides that.

Javelin had a minor plotline of getting PTSD after getting half of her head blown off by Kaskade.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Kaskade and Javelin, okay very surprising to see two rather minor characters get toys, I mean Javelin was in a good number of issues of IDW2 and has a unique head design but I can think of a few comic-only characters I would have liked to see first....

Nautica, I'm talking about Nautica, the third in the trio of Windblade and Chromia who have had a good number of toys and her only toy is a Blurr retool in a box set. Lets hope she gets one soon then later.

Powerlynx Hot Shot looks good and the guns are from an episode, that's cool but seeing Jolt it's like my brain went "ahhh, he's complete now" and Thrust, I always wanted to see him in G1 style with other Seekers.

NOVA PRIME!!! Err Galaxy Prime? Why the name change? It's weird, anyway. Oh saw the box he is named Nova Prime never mind, he's not perfect I wish the wings were longer but it is what it is, an official Nova Prime toy in it's white, black and gold glory.... I'm gonna need the rest of his Ark crew, darn it I only have Straxus and Jhiaxus.

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I'm guessing Javelin exists primarily because someone thought it was a viable retool out of BB Arcee, which is a mold that would probably never get reused again otherwise. I imagine Kaskade was just added in to give the set someflavor. Instead of an obscure character, it's a SNIPER DUEL.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Transformers Instagram page has box art. Galaxy Prime says Nova Prime.

And apparently preorders go live tomorrow through Amazon.
IMG_4069.png

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I actually may pick up that 2 pack. I don't know the characters at all, but Javelin looks great, and I've avoided all previous versions of the Kaskade mold, so at least it would be new to me. I'm always up for some new "blank slate" toys that I can use to fill in the ranks.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I know it's accurate to the IDW2 comics, but Nacelle using the Siege Seeker mold instead of the Earthrise Thrust mold really misses the whole point of why the original Nacelle toy was made in the first place.
Right. He's a fresh mashup of various Seeker design elements and makes it work. Having him as a Tetrajet kind of... makes him an easy pass I'm sad to say. I have nothing against the Siege Seeker mould but in Nacelle's case it misses what makes him... him.

NOVA PRIME!!! Err Galaxy Prime? Why the name change? It's weird, anyway. Oh saw the box he is named Nova Prime never mind, he's not perfect I wish the wings were longer but it is what it is, an official Nova Prime toy in it's white, black and gold glory.... I'm gonna need the rest of his Ark crew, darn it I only have Straxus and Jhiaxus.
He's not perfect but I've been waiting for a
Nova Prime toy since he debuted in IDW. The TFCC one was... ok for what it was but a proper Nova Prime with an inner robot and wings? Yes please.

I know a lot of people are excited about Magnus but Nova was the highlight for me.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’m a little disappointed nobody is talking more about that SG Sideswipe / Drench / Armada Wheeljack w/ minicon. Wheeljack was a great character and gave Hot Shot some depth. His Armada toy, aside from some back kibble, is already a pretty decent toy.

And as somebody mentioned earlier, I can see this as a capsule set along with Thrust. Galvatron as the leader, Thrust as the voyager. Then Wheeljack and a couple of others as deluxes. Maybe a 6 pack of minicons? I wouldn’t be mad about a Walmart set with them.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Right. He's a fresh mashup of various Seeker design elements and makes it work. Having him as a Tetrajet kind of... makes him an easy pass I'm sad to say. I have nothing against the Siege Seeker mould but in Nacelle's case it misses what makes him... him.
Not just that, he's also based specifically on a Thrust prototype, as seen in this Japanese catalogue picture:
Ehobbygobotscatalog.jpg

Shadewing

Citizen
I’m a little disappointed nobody is talking more about that SG Sideswipe / Drench / Armada Wheeljack w/ minicon. Wheeljack was a great character and gave Hot Shot some depth. His Armada toy, aside from some back kibble, is already a pretty decent toy.

And as somebody mentioned earlier, I can see this as a capsule set along with Thrust. Galvatron as the leader, Thrust as the voyager. Then Wheeljack and a couple of others as deluxes. Maybe a 6 pack of minicons? I wouldn’t be mad about a Walmart set with them.

Well Powerlinx Hot Shot looks like a Capsule box, so maybe?

Top Bottom