Transformers Legacy toyline

Darth_Prime

Citizen
We need a new Tidal Wave.
IMG_4057.jpeg

Darth_Prime

Citizen
That's not Tidal Wave, that's a terrible version of Broadside painted as Micron Shockwave.

In all honesty, in bot mode he looks ok as Tidal Wave / Shockwave. And I do love this Armada Shockwave, not a thing wrong with him really.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Luckily, at some point awhile back, there was a hint of a new Tidal Wave forthcoming to combine with Legacy Armada Megatron.

Onyx

Citizen
I think I'm gonna have these guys be Toxic Clones created by Toxitron. That way it's still sort of Jazz but there's room for it to be its own character too.

ZacWilliam, currently brainstorming a name for Orange Tang Jazz... Forte... Fusion... Radfire... Anneal... Burnbeat...
I'm thinking of going with:

Jazz - Doritus
Mirage - Sedalus (Seedless)
Sideswipe - Boulevard or Sunchaser
Laser Cycle - Sprite (the drink)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here you go.

😜 🤓

That's not Tidal Wave, that's a terrible version of Broadside painted as Micron Shockwave.

In all honesty, in bot mode he looks ok as Tidal Wave / Shockwave. And I do love this Armada Shockwave, not a thing wrong with him really.

To be fair, even taking that as Tidal Wave, it could be argued that the statement "we need a new Tidal Wave" applies more, not less.

I'm still iffy on a Titan class one, but a Commander class would be perfect.

(I am kinda tempted to backtrack and get the TR one, but the few I've seen in the meantime have been too pricey for me given how much other stuff I should be getting first.)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Oooh, Orange Jazz might be "Fantasm"

Portmanteau-ing "Fanta and Phantasm" seems fittingly terrible.

A Mirage is something you see that isn't there... I think this one might be "Delirium"

The Sideswipe is going to be "Sunstroke"

--ZacWilliam, feels like an unintended theme developing for this team.

Last edited:

MrBlud

Citizen
Back when I thought the tampo on G2 Mirage was a snake (not an Alligator) I was going to call him “Oilasis”

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Back when I thought the tampo on G2 Mirage was a snake (not an Alligator) I was going to call him “Oilasis”
Well, as both he and Jazz effectively promoted naughty things, I think the video below is a suitable reference for your name choice...

Shadewing

Citizen
Personally I have no issue with the Air craft carrier mode. The "jet mode" is terrible, but it bugs me less for Tidal Wave; since There is no actual G1 Tidal wave, anything can be accurate for him. And it not looking like a earth jet stands out less for him with that consideration then it does for Broadside.

If your wanting an update to the actual Armada toy, yes he's a complete failure. But if you accept him as a new take on the character, he's perfectly fine.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Tidal Wave as a Titan class would be too big to combine with Megs. Commander class is the likely avenue, especially now that mini-cons are being revealed. Package him with Tidal Wave and Megatrons and I think you can justify commander class vs leader class better.

and this is what I meant about the minicons. We should have known this repaint was coming, but Jolt is a fantastic addition. I wonder what that does for the price of him though.

Top Bottom