Transformers Legacy toyline

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
*looks around at the plethora of designs from various media this team has drawn from.*

They're coming. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But eventually.

They'll be here.
I could see a remould of the Siege mould to remove the overly detailed bits with smooth surfaces for added G1 cartoon accuracy but a whole new mould? That sounds like a lot of work when they already have the basic design in another mould.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
  • Menasor: I haven't gotten around to getting the individual bots, and I do like the toy-based looks. Depending on price, this is a strong maybe. And even that that's because price is keeping me VERY selective as far as these last few lines have gone.

Well, wondering about that Menasor set. $199 is the titan price these days, so I imagine that is what it will come out for.

1 commander class toy - $90
4 Deluxe toys @ $26 each - $104

Total: $194.

I mean I wish it were like $100, but its probably going to be $199.99 if I had to wager.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So for me, here is what I am excited for:

SS86 Frenzy - FIRRIB. Looking forward to this guy!
SS86 Ultra Magnus - I have been happy with Siege Magnus for years, but I am still getting this one.
SS86 Ratchet - I have a good Ratchet already but I still want to pick this one up.

Legacy PL Hotshot - Love it! Perfect toy for the Neo-Armada collection that we have been getting lately. And I love the new minicon, guns, and especially the blast effects! Yes, I am that sucker that loves those!

Shattered Glass Sideswipe - While I won't grab this one, I am going to get the eventual Neo-Armada Wheeljack repaint of it.

Towline - This one I like but I am on the fence about it.

G2 Deadend - I am so getting that!

Cloudcover - That is a must get!

G2 Laser Cycle - I already have the one version of this, but I will probably pick this up too.

Lobjob

Citizen
I could see a remould of the Siege mould to remove the overly detailed bits with smooth surfaces for added G1 cartoon accuracy but a whole new mould? That sounds like a lot of work when they already have the basic design in another mould.

Which is why all they'd have to do is do a kingdom airrazor to ROTB airrazor maneuver and wham, here we go.

They aren't shy about redoing characters to show off specific design elements.

If they make a MTMTE Soundwave I WILL lose my mind though.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Novakane/Exosuit Noah/Nightbird? Pass. Not really going all in on the RotB stuff.

Frenzy? Oh yeah. Love my cassette bots.

Ratchet? Easy get.

Ultra Magnus? Hot take but pass. I love the idea of Magnus being a dude in armour and Kingdom Magnus fills that role perfectly. This looks like a great figure but it's not what I want out of the character.

The Movie villains four pack? Pass. Have all of these guys who I want.

Powelinx Hotshot? Hell yeah.

Toxitron? Kinda have to grab him!

G2 Grimlock? Pass. That covered up chest moulding is gross.

G2 Jazz? Hell yeah.

Lasercycle? Ehhh pass.

G2 Mirage? Never liked the mould.

G2 gradient Sideswipe? ALL IN!

G2 Deadend? Pass.

Cloudcover? ALL THE SEEKERS!

Towline? Absolutely. Of all the things to homage... this is incredible.

Javelin & Kaskade? Eh... I like them but space is a premium and they're not exactly figures I've been clamouring for.

Nacelle? So about that ALL THE SEEKERS thing... eh. I love Nacelle but making him the Tretajet mould removes the cool factor of his design.

Nova Prime? ALL IN! I've wanted this guy since he debuted in the comics. I'm legitimately ecstatic he's finally getting a toy.

Medix? I love it. More Autobot medics are always nice.

Menasor pack? Yeah why not?

SG Sideswipe/SG Rodimus? Pass. I'm not super into SG but I'm psyched for Armada Wheeljack.

Onyx

Citizen
The four Deluxe Toxitron Collection figures went up on Pulse at noon today. Sideswipe and Dead are already sold out.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I just went ahead and snagged a LE Armada Optimus Prime I aint waiting around should be here Aug 1st wooooo

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The four Deluxe Toxitron Collection figures went up on Pulse at noon today. Sideswipe and Dead are already sold out.
I imagine that they will be in stock at Walmart for a while though. They tend to over order their exclusives and the first wave of them.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, got Nova Prime off of Pulse, but had to go to Amazon for Nacelle and the sniper ladies.

Onyx

Citizen
Got Nova and the 2 Pack off Pulse. Gotta pass on Nacelle. Had they gone with a Earthrise Thrust repaint or Siege Seeker remold, then I would've gotten it.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I know it's accurate to the IDW2 comics, but Nacelle using the Siege Seeker mold instead of the Earthrise Thrust mold really misses the whole point of why the original Nacelle toy was made in the first place.
I dunno. Making Nacelle from the Siege Seeker mold seems absolutely in the spirit of "let's squeeze yet another use out of this Seeker mold" to me.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I dunno. Making Nacelle from the Siege Seeker mold seems absolutely in the spirit of "let's squeeze yet another use out of this Seeker mold" to me.
If that's all they wanted to do, it's not like there's a shortage of other traditional-looking Seeker options available for them to choose from.

Dake

Citizen
Kaskade is unfortunately a Siege Chromia retool, but Javelin is, surprisingly, a Studio Series BB Arcee retool, and a pretty good one at that.

Super bummed about another Chromia retool. It's not a good alt mode and removing the combiner functionality is just an extra twist of the knife. Javelin is awesome though. I'm hoping for a sale on the 2 pack.
Not just that, he's also based specifically on a Thrust prototype, as seen in this Japanese catalogue picture:
Ehobbygobotscatalog.jpg

Definitely annoying (and weird) that they didn't use Thrust.

We've had so many Siege Seekers, they started suffering mold degradation back to the Rainmaker 3 pack. Meanwhile, they've used Thrust exactly once. Only thing I can think of is we'll get the Thrust version too down the road.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Preordered Laser Cycle on Pulse. Guess I have to take my chances with Wal-Mart for the others.

Also went hunting today for the Toxitron collection and Tow-Line at brick and mortar. No luck.

Are the Amazon sets up at Amazon yet?

Top Bottom