Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I had Tidalwave arrive today, my first impressions so far, I done the base mode and the mini dark fleet with Megatron, there is a down side to combining the mini fleet to Megatron, due to the way his arms are desgined, he can barely lift the parts, coonecting is just the ports on his arms and then its not dead centre, so clearly neither bot were desgined at the same time and Tidalwave was more of a after thought, the part that goes on Megatron's back connects in three places, using the 5ml ports and there is a pair of booster shoes/gap fillers for Megatron's feet that store in Tidalwave's legs, also the domes on Tidalwave's chest can be moved to other locations as they are just connected by the port system, of course the cannons can move and also relocate to wherever you desire or be battle damage to add a blast effect.

Packing, he comes in parts, the legs connect to the torso in a similar fashion to combiner wars bots did, only on a larger scale, while the arms connect by square ports that you have to push straight into the hole and pull to get out and then parts fold away for Dark Fleet mode, I expect in due course, someone to come up with a upgrade that helps to hide the dark fleet piece that connects into the back of the robot mode as the panel doesn't fold up to cover it up and just hangs there, so I generally think the mini Dark Fleet was a after thought during the desgining process, I haven't gone for full on combined ship mode/flying/rolling battle platform or the large Dark fleet, YET, but I will in due course, the base mode, isn't to bad, kind of novel, thou the mini Dark fleet piece that connects under the leg doesn't want to stay in place properly as the joints are loose ratchets thou that is for moving the legs up and down!

Overall, so far, he pretty desent but the Mini dark fleet was clearly a after thought and I think they should try again maybe with a smaller scale Tidalwave after they done Megatron right, they almost had him if not for what they did to the shoulder pads!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Treads again.
Treads.png

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I need to go to Ebay and buy me a Bug Bite. I didn't originally because I was holding out for an actual VW version, but that's probably never going to happen.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Who knows with the new SS version.

That's true. It's not quite a VW, but closer than the Cliffjumper mold. Like I said in the SS thread, I'm not too interested in that toy as Bumblebee due to having other Bees, but I would love it in multiple other Bumblebee-adjacent character colors.

Shadewing

Citizen
That's true. It's not quite a VW, but closer than the Cliffjumper mold. Like I said in the SS thread, I'm not too interested in that toy as Bumblebee due to having other Bees, but I would love it in multiple other Bumblebee-adjacent character colors.

to me it feels like that mold is intentionally designed to be able to get repurposed for a lot of small autobot cars. Not just Cliffjumper, I could see them getting most the Throttlebots out of it as well with minor remolding. Feels like any design with bumper feet and a Cab/roof chest could be used without much alterations.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I am super-excited to see what set this is from; hoping for Pathfinder and Small Foot, then we just need a new Powerglide mold for Bad Boy (though it would be amusing to me if they used the CW mold).
There was a blue and white (rather than white and blue) OSKO Combiner Wars Powerglide that was released a while ago. It's my stand-in for either Bad Boy or that Cobra Rattler bot that was never released outside the US...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I now done with all of Tidalwave's modes, with the combined ship mode, you got to partsform, which is different from the original toy, also, his robot mode head, for alt mode, you simply turn it around and the chest plate moves to cover it up, yet if you lift him up, you can see his head as it has nowhere to store unlike the original! Another lost feature is the lift that was for the Minicon, the control tower flips up instead of being on a slider joint, thus it flips into his arm for storage while on the other side, a panel flips up and down for the Aircraft carrier mode. One of the parts for Megatron comes with seperate little cannons that you attach, thus they can move around freely, the dome parts I mentioned in my previous post are gun placements for if he was "REAL" he would likely can Decepticons inside of him using them, the big cannons on his chest aside from being able to hold Blast effects can detach as they come packed seperate from the main robot, he has some what moving hands with a thumb that recreates the original toy look!

Overall, he is impressive, I haven't messured him against any other bots YET, but he is definely BIG, thou I found a nice place to put him and he currently got his guns trained on Legacy Armada Op and my Planet X FOC Grimlock, well the upper guns, of his chest while one of the lower ones are pointing at Planet X FOC Swoop and no, Swoop doesn't see nothing, he leaning back as if he trying to dodge the fire but that mostly due to what he stood upon, currently! 😁

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm hopeful and rather expecting that DNA will do a kit for him that will include a Ramjet. Maybe even replacement parts so he can be stored in the arm like the original.

Honestly, I'd have just been good had they "missing linked" the original toy and given it knees. That's all I really needed.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
It looks like Gears has picked out his Halloween costume and he wearing a mask to hide his idenity!

In seriousness, that has to be the lamest repaint/retool that I seen to date

Top Bottom