Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ah, ok. Picking the bat as the animal to make perch-able on the pirate's shoulders is an interesting choice. Not a bad thing, just you don't normally associate bats with pirates.

Dvandom

Citizen
I actually like the "tank" mode of Legacy Tigerhawk a little more than what we managed to get back in 1999 with the original, although the rollers are solid molded details and don't actually roll (unlike the original's).
tigertank4.JPG

For comparison, here's the best pic I have of the original tank mode:
tigertank3.GIF

---Dave

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
So Magmatron came this week from Amazon. Somehow, I don't know how, I got it for $40 off. He's impressively big. Like, I didn't realize just how big he was going to be.
He looks great, is more poseable than the original and is overall just a fantastic addition to my Beast Wars collection. I love it. Especially for less than Leader price.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So Magmatron came this week from Amazon. Somehow, I don't know how, I got it for $40 off. He's impressively big. Like, I didn't realize just how big he was going to be.
He looks great, is more poseable than the original and is overall just a fantastic addition to my Beast Wars collection. I love it. Especially for less than Leader price.

I just got charged by Pulse, so mine should be coming in the next few days or so. Very excited to get him.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Upgrade kit for Legacy Animated OP now has extra parts, such as a visor, faceplate, etc.

DNA Design DK-54 Animated Optimus Prime Wingblade Powermaster Upgrade Kit (16)__scaled_600.jpg

DNA Design DK-54 Animated Optimus Prime Wingblade Powermaster Upgrade Kit (15)__scaled_600.jpg

DNA Design DK-54 Animated Optimus Prime Wingblade Powermaster Upgrade Kit (14)__scaled_600.jpg

DNA Design DK-54 Animated Optimus Prime Wingblade Powermaster Upgrade Kit (13)__scaled_600.jpg

DNA Design DK-54 Animated Optimus Prime Wingblade Powermaster Upgrade Kit (12)__scaled_600.jpg

DNA Design DK-54 Animated Optimus Prime Wingblade Powermaster Upgrade Kit (11)__scaled_800.jpg

Proudly Presenting DNA Design's DK-54 BATTLE HAMMER
Scheduled Release Date: September 2024

Pre-order Deadline: June 7, 2024

Hello to all DNA fans! We've heard your voices, and today we have two exciting announcements:

1.The original DK-54 design will feature three minor upgrades:

Battle Mask
Battle Face Shield
Partially Transparent Hammer Components
We hope you will enjoy these new features!

2.Considering that some fans may want to collect multiple weapons, we are offering additional options:

DK-54 BATTLE HAMMER-O
DK-54 BATTLE HAMMER-Y

We hope this upgraded series will satisfy all professional collectors, making your collection truly unique!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
My only complaints with Magmatron are mostly about the sword. First, the blade being rubbery, so it gets stuck in the storage slot in Landsaurus's tail, it was a pain prying it out. And second, the big pile of panels stuck to the front is kinda fugly and annoying.

Also, not sure if I'm missing something, but he doesn't seem to be able to hold it as a gun anymore. The handle swings down, but the part that actually fits the grip in his hand ends up blocked, so it doesn't actually stay put. And Seasaurus's missiles are gone anyway, so I'm assuming they just didn't bother with the gun mode. How long until a third party upgrade kit comes out for that, I wonder.

Otherwise, it's a worthy upgrade to the original. I mean, it's still a bit of a visual mess, and the combined dino mode is as goofy as ever, but that's just part of being Magmatron.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Im glad people have a chance to get him but for me I like the gimmicks of the OG one

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
My only complaints with Magmatron are mostly about the sword. First, the blade being rubbery, so it gets stuck in the storage slot in Landsaurus's tail, it was a pain prying it out. And second, the big pile of panels stuck to the front is kinda fugly and annoying.

Also, not sure if I'm missing something, but he doesn't seem to be able to hold it as a gun anymore. The handle swings down, but the part that actually fits the grip in his hand ends up blocked, so it doesn't actually stay put. And Seasaurus's missiles are gone anyway, so I'm assuming they just didn't bother with the gun mode. How long until a third party upgrade kit comes out for that, I wonder.

Otherwise, it's a worthy upgrade to the original. I mean, it's still a bit of a visual mess, and the combined dino mode is as goofy as ever, but that's just part of being Magmatron.
I tried to see if his hilt would turn into a gun again but ran into the same issue you did. I don't think thats meant to become a gun on this iteration. Not a huge loss, but . . . .

I have seen a replacement gun along with the usual plastic fillers on ebay. I may spring for some fillers.

Glitch

Citizen
I got Tidal Wave today and prefer the original too, give that one bendy legs and it would win. Titan Tidal Wave's kibble only makes for a naff Weapon mode Megatron, the feet additions are nice, the legs/jetpack works but the arms are weak. The base mode is naff and undercooked. As usual the Mini-con has been expunged, not even any blast effects. I figure a selects set, a unique weaponizer with blast effects would be a nice addition for this one though.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Losing Ramjet sucks. They could make one someday but it won't matter. All the little features in vehicle mode are gone.

We got a mini Dark Fleet in exchange though.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I've been charged for Magmatron by Hasbro Pulse. Hopefully, it'll get sent to me sometime next week.

My only complaints with Magmatron are mostly about the sword. First, the blade being rubbery, so it gets stuck in the storage slot in Landsaurus's tail, it was a pain prying it out.

There are custom parts online that give him a less rubbery sword blade. I've already ordered one on eBay.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
i’ll have to try it put first to see how soft the plastic is. I hate bendy plastic but i dunno if I dislike it enough to buy a blade. How bad is it?

Top Bottom