Transformers Legacy toyline

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Metalhawk and Twin Cast SHOULD be here this week from BBTS, I was lucky and got in on that pre order that disappeared.

I saw Tarantulas last week, but I couldn't remember if I had bought him or not so I left him on the shelf. Jihaxius, Soundwave and a random Bulkhead are clogging up most of the shelves around here.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I always thought Leonidas (or Lionidus) would be a cool name to use but Hasbro probably just wants to stick with Leo Prime.
The new Masterpiece Dark Amber Leo Prime toy's backstory has also made it his in-universe canon-to-Japan official name after changing it from "Lio Convoy", even going so far as to even say that, post-Beast Wars Neo, the Cybertrons eventually changed their faction name to "Maximals", and the Great Convoys (who were all killed by Unicron at the end of Beast Wars Neo) were eventually succeeded by a new authority group called the "Prime Leaders".

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Scarr looks really good except for the (understandable) fist tail (and ankylos have bulky tail tips anyway). Swoop looks really good for the size, period (I expected the bot legs becoming dactyl backpack). I love the way his combiner fist splits into two guns. But I don't get why some pictures have the combiner fist/guns white and others have them black. Which is final? If it's white, Volcanicus is going to have mismatched hand colors...

Now we're only waiting to see the Core Snarl.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Excited for Armada Optimus! But I can't help thinking we need a Jetfire (and possibly an Overload) to go with it later. :3

(And then Jetfire should obviously be retooled into Galaxy Shuttle. The Astrotrain retool wasn't enough for me. Maybe somewhere down the road...)

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Not to mention about 100 copies of Galaxy Shuttle were produced and flew from the shelves in about 1 second. I did find one from a Canadian website that will ship to the US. Would be about $90 in total.

I would LOVE Armada Jetfire. He is one of my top 5 all time favorite toys.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Why is the Leo Prime Toy not called Lio convoy?
Because, for a time, the Japanese term "Convoy" was not known in the West and it's been thought of as the Japanese analogue for "Prime" (more or less). Also, just after (Galaxy Force?), there were some recolours of Leobreaker in Lio Convoy's colours and named "Leo Prime" in America (as American shop exclusives).

Darth_Prime

Citizen
That's got to be the easiest repaint of Mirage since Crasher came to town.
Right!? I was thinking this earlier when Skid-Z was mentioned. Even a Dragstrip recolor would work, but then everybody will want a RID combiner. Lol.

I’m honestly a little shocked he wasn’t a selects figure or something already.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Armada Prime looks good. Curious to see how everything will work on him.
seems to be a lot of hurt feelings between the leakers and TFW. Wonder how this will effect more images coming out in the near future.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Hmmm. Not 100% sold on super mode. Will have to see some better images of it.

76316782-7A8E-477A-90B9-1B2B39513AFD.jpeg
C23DCE05-D024-4627-9379-1AB314374D9F.jpeg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Armada Prime looks good. Curious to see how everything will work on him.
seems to be a lot of hurt feelings between the leakers and TFW. Wonder how this will effect more images coming out in the near future.
TFW...caring about the feelings of others or holding any moral values?

Are you new to the hobby?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

View attachment 12086View attachment 12087

That certainly a improvement on the Super mode over the original, I wonder what the trailer base mode looks like? Just looking, I would say that the feet are carried over from Mensor, thou it could be that the legs are heavy retools of Mensor's legs

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen

It's ok....but I'm really not excited by it.

I'll wait for better pics before deciding either way though.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

That looks pretty neat! A definite improvement over the original and I might have to get one for my Optimus Prime shelf!

SeeveeRay

Citizen
I feel the Dinobot naming convention is an S name that is also one syllable. Strike rather than Strika/Striker.
And yet the RiD continuity DARES to RUIN this utterly with its Walmart Dinobots:

(as an aside, I don't get why these were assigned to the RiD continuity anyway, where there was ALREADY a bot with the terrible name of Slapper...)

But then I guess Grimlock ruins the Dinobot naming pattern anyway, on day one. Kings no listen to naming conventions, they bash brains.

Top Bottom